no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/18/2011 07:23 AM CST

I never sell gems, unless they are stupid cheap ones. Instead I save them for a bard that I have a deal with, she takes the sack of gems and sings them up. She sells the non orbs and keeps half the value from value presung vs post sung. Heck of a deal, makes you want to be best friends with a bard, but you cant have mine!!
here is my issue, most know I have orbs on me or they see me using orbs on others. I have never had an issue giving a freebie to young ones, less than 20 greater than 10, and gladly accept the 2 3 5k they tip. i know they dont realize the gem itself is 7 or 8k alone.

I just dont know how to tell people, if you cant replace the orb, I cant use one on you. People always say, I can replace but in their mind any uncut diamond is an orb and it isnt. actually less than half of landing uncut diamonds are. I just dont want to be an ass but I am going broke raising in the landing. Tell me how to raise people and answer the death whispers of 'can I get a chrism raise?'.
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/18/2011 08:11 AM CST
"Never learned how."

"That wasn't taught at my temple."

"Take what you can get."

If you're a surly dwarf, "I've got a better use for a rock when it's in my hand near you..."

Walk away. If possible, find a way to dismiss the LifeKeep on them (if you put it there).
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/18/2011 11:10 AM CST
If I want to avoid giving a freebie, I wait for them to ask, and name a price if they do.

You don't have to say no, just give them a choice.

deader whispers "can I get a chrism?" to you

whisper deader If ...

(e.g. If you can pay me enough to buy a new one. 25k is what they go for in player shops.)

deader whispers "how about if I replace the gem?" to you

whisper deader If ...

(e.g. If you have an actual chrism on you, that's fine, but its got to be a chrism not a gem. Its not just any old diamond that will work you know. Thats why they go for 25k in player shops.)

It really comes down to how desperate you are to do the raising. If you are desperate then there are deaders that will take advantage of you, and you just have to put up with it and raise them anyway. If not, then you don't have to raise them until they agree to your terms.
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/18/2011 11:49 AM CST
And my point was, "You don't have to raise them at all." :)
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/18/2011 01:08 PM CST
>>And my point was, "You don't have to raise them at all." :)

This. Roh always has 100% chrism gems on her and she refuses payment/tips for raises for RP reasons so it can get expensive. The expectation that all raises should be chrismed these days does irritate me; people can get very snarky if it's not available. It's not in her nature though to rush out and rescue ad hoc people, she tends to just help friends so I have no problem using chrisms on them.

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/19/2011 03:04 AM CST
And some people just aren't interested in the cleric with a sack full of chrisms that has just found their body, sancted the area and preserved their corpse.

The empath dashes in, grabs the body and fogs it away. I didn't even get time to appraise the body.

I guess it must have been some foul Luukosian ritual that the participants didn't dare talk about, so they silently scarpered the moment a cleric of Ronan appeared on the scene and chased the snakes away.
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/20/2011 12:47 AM CST
"I just dont know how to tell people, if you cant replace the orb, I cant use one on you." -- Zergg

How active is your bard friend with her loresinging and gem collecting?

Maybe you could work a deal with her where you can buy orb gems from her.. then you can tell people that the cost of a chrism will be X silver (or a gem worth X silver). USUALLY people pony up a decent gem and so if you start coming at it from a cost perspective, after loresinging, most non-orb high end gems will cover costs.

Basically...

Try to work a deal with your bard friend and keep the situation hidden to whoever you're raising. Just make it clear to them that you NEED compensation for the chrism. If people get uppity.. they can wait for someone else.

Here's my list of 'rich gems' (5k+ average): blazestar (all), selanthan bloodjewel, scarlet despanal, diamond (all), emerald (all), feystone (all), firestone, glimaerstone (brilliant lilac, ultramarine), sapphire (dragonsbreath, deep blue mermaid's-tear, blue shimmarglin), moonglae opal, sylvarraend ruby, chameleon agate, opaline moonstone, sunstone (all)

These are the ONLY gems I save for singing.
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/20/2011 12:49 AM CST
"The empath dashes in, grabs the body and fogs it away. I didn't even get time to appraise the body." -- Rathboner

That's where I fog after them, bind everyone present, and proceed to destroy them in the most painful ways possible.
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/20/2011 12:49 AM CST
..wait..

You said a RONAN cleric interrupts a LUUKOSIAN ritual. Whooops!

Ignore what I just said...

;)
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/20/2011 02:53 AM CST
>That's where I fog after them, bind everyone present, and proceed to destroy them in the most painful ways possible.

When you know that you are going to be outlevelled by at least 20 and probably by 50, do you fog after them, fail to bind anyone present and proceed to get destroyed in various painful ways?

While its an insult to run off like that, its also doing you a favour. Doing a raise mid hunt will give a net loss in experience.
Re: no idea how to RP, I am not rich 11/21/2011 07:47 PM CST
My Onarian priest makes it very clear if you ask him for a Chrism... he will put you back like he found you if you fail to replace it.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein