Can I please get help? Very high penalty for footstomp 09/20/2017 11:55 PM CDT
I got my rogue restored and I'm getting frustrated since I don't understand what I'm doing wrong from a mechanical point of view when it comes to cheapshots.

My rogue is 26 trains.

I train him 1x in CMs / 2x in Ambush. I'm under the impression (based off the wiki) that I don't need to know how to brawl.

I even went as far as to learn 2 ranks of Cheapshots via CMs thinking it'd help

GLD stance is Offensive

Armor is double leather I believe (leather armor)

I've been hiding and the doing the cheapshot.

But.. This happens (High penalty which I don't understand why and it's taking me forever to do anything - even when training with Bean!)

>hid
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings, and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
HR>
A dobrem sniffs the ground intently.
HR>cheapshot footstomp dobrem
You come out of hiding.
[Roll result: -2 (open d100: 58) Penalties: 90]
You try to stomp on a dobrem, but miss!
Roundtime: 6 sec.
R>stance def
...wait 3 seconds.

Not long ago I even tried against an 8 level orc. Same thing happened.. except it was 80 for the penalty.

He is not encumbered. I don't get it...

Skills:

(at level 26), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 154 54
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Combat Maneuvers...................| 111 27
Edged Weapons......................| 154 54
Ambush.............................| 154 54
Physical Fitness...................| 111 27
Dodging............................| 154 54
Arcane Symbols.....................| 40 8
Magic Item Use.....................| 50 10
Harness Power......................| 20 4
Disarming Traps....................| 154 54
Picking Locks......................| 154 54
Stalking and Hiding................| 154 54
Perception.........................| 154 54
Climbing...........................| 90 20
Swimming...........................| 90 20

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 3

CMs:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Shadow Mastery smastery 2
Cheapshots cheapshots 2
Silent Strike silentstrike 3
Evade Mastery emastery 1

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Can I please get help? Very high penalty for footstomp 09/21/2017 12:19 AM CDT
Think I and others figured it out... my armor lied to me. some interwoven blue veniom and black leather armor .. I assumed it was double leather or some sort of leather armor when in truth it's brigadine.

I blame... Luukos!

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Can I please get help? Very high penalty for footstomp 09/21/2017 02:49 AM CDT
INSPECT your armor to make sure it's doubles and not brig since you seem unsure if it actually is. Doubles will inspect as soft leather and brig will inspect as hard leather. Make sure you're looking at the line that starts "Your careful inspection of" when trying to see the difference, the last line will simply say "mainly crafted out of leather" for both.

You might also want to make sure none of the various items you're wearing count as armor accessories, since those can also cause hindrance if they're bumping you into a higher ASG... though I don't THINK they should cause problems if you're in full coverage armor (like doubles or brig) anyway.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Can I please get help? Very high penalty for footstomp 09/21/2017 02:51 AM CDT
bah, didn't read yer reply before making my own.... least I was on the right track.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.