Stunman bug 01/04/2017 11:03 PM CST
I've found a little problem with Stunman Weapon for bow users:

Master Footpad Vigil smirks proudly as he picks up a brick and begins tossing it in the air and catching it.
>stunman weapon
You shakily command your muscles to ready a suitable weapon.
You already have that.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

If you are wearing your bow and you successfully use stunman weapon, the game does not actually put the bow in your hand. This is great for guild reps but probably not so wonderful if you are trying to use the skill while hunting.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Stunman bug 01/05/2017 11:32 PM CST
Huh, I didn't even know it would do that. It has always made me grab the dagger I carry around for disarming scales traps, maybe it just looks for melee weapons first.

It's not surprising the skill doesn't play nice with ranged since it didn't exist when stun maneuvers was released. It would be nice if Stun Weapon were updated to work with worn weapons and used the weapon the READY verb was set to as the default weapon. I won't cry a river if that never happens though... I don't think I've ever been stunned without my bow in my hand outside of doing reps for stun maneuvers.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Stunman bug 01/06/2017 12:37 AM CST
>Huh, I didn't even know it would do that. It has always made me grab the dagger I carry around for disarming scales traps, maybe it just looks for melee weapons first.

Strange. I was carrying my disarming dagger at the time.

>I won't cry a river if that never happens though... I don't think I've ever been stunned without my bow in my hand outside of doing reps for stun maneuvers.

No, it's not the end of the world. but it would be nice to have fixed.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Stunman bug 01/06/2017 05:08 AM CST
> I don't think I've ever been stunned without my bow in my hand outside of doing reps for stun maneuvers.

Weapons are nasty heavy things. So are shields. STUNMAN STOW for putting away a lockpick would be a much better command to have ;)