Excessive? 04/17/2016 01:20 PM CDT
I've been using the login rewards to try to get through guild work, the problem I'm facing is when I use a guild boost and get a lockpicking contest task.

Lockpicking contests take between 3-4 minutes per contest. Combined with the following:

DeLuca assays you with a critical eye and says, "Let's find you something to do to earn a rank in Lock Mastery." DeLuca rubs his chin thoughtfully, then continues, "Think you're getting good at this? Let's find out! Go tell a footpad I sent ya to pit your skills against theirs in a lockpicking contest to the death! Or whatever." DeLuca also adds, "Repeat this 11 times."

That means I have wasted an entire guild boost on one task. I wouldn't even have been able to complete this task before the timer ran out if I started the timer prior to starting the picking contest.

I'd like to suggest the following:
Either lockpicking contests have a maximum of 3 reps. Or the GUILD BOOST from login rewards lasts 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes.
Re: Excessive? 04/17/2016 08:39 PM CDT
I'd just trade the lockpicking contest for something else.

This goes for all the super time-consuming guild tasks on a boost, like distilling water in Alchemy, Carn's Cry field reps, and partner reps when you can't find a partner.

When you're on a boost, the administrator still only deducts the unboosted cost of the task for a trade, so you'll come out ahead in no time.
Re: Excessive? 04/30/2016 11:35 PM CDT
This is why I love the profession guild waivers in the Simucoin Store. At only about a dollar for ten of then, they have made guild life far more tolerable for many of my characters.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"