Subdue question 12/21/2015 12:57 PM CST
OK, I had meant to ask this before, but forgot. I was doing subdue reps; here is part of the log.

>>
[Roll result: 85 (open d100: 6) Bonus: 30]
You spring from hiding and deliver a blow to a lesser minotaur's head!
The lesser minotaur is annoyed, but otherwise unaffected.
Roundtime: 5 sec.<<

OK, not only am I using a blackjack, but the critter is prone with a shattered leg. My total bonus is +3O. In addition, at this point I have 6O ranks of subdue, and I am 5 trains older than the target. I would have expected the hit to be almost automatic, but apparently I still had a twenty percent chance of missing. Is this margin of failure typical for subdue?
Re: Subdue question 12/23/2015 02:14 PM CST
Yep. Subdue reps are a pain. Normally, I have someone with me, but if you can stun/web the creature it helps too.

(Bristenn takes a hold of Riend by the arm and swings her in, pulling her into an armored embrace. And, without further ado, he kisses Riend like he means it. Deffo means it.)
Re: Subdue question 12/23/2015 05:24 PM CST
>> Subdue reps are a pain. <<

Actually, I found the subdue reps pretty easy. I blew through at least a rank a day, usually two. Take off a leg and stun the target, then rip off 5 or 6 subdues in a row. Then ring back to town and get another task from Deluca, ring back to the hunting area. Repeat as needed. The real PIA was cheapshots, and trying to find someone to do partner reps with. But now that I have mastered subdue, I am wondering why the "secret ability" you get when you master sucks so badly. Hmm, maybe that's why it's kept a secret?

>>I use ewave over sweep,<<

Nice for you, but I am only up to 4O7. I probably won't get 41O until close to cap, and even then it won't be that reliable, since I am in HCP hauberk armor. The failure rate will be annoyingly high. So sweep will be a possibility, although right now whacking a critter's leg off will usually do just as well, if not better.

>> cheapshots I might use if I'm hunting with a group<<

Someone mentioned that kneebash is able to knock griffins out of the sky. I haven't had the occasion to try this yet, nor can I understand how that could possibly work, but it certainly sounds useful, if true.