lock additions and clasping options 08/21/2015 02:55 AM CDT
something I'd love to see, probably too late for HSN, but still.. a wider variety of nouns that can get locks and clasps added to them.
Re: lock additions and clasping options 08/21/2015 11:40 AM CDT

Ixix did a good job expanding the flexibility with the clasping skill. I still get a lot of request for actual clothing items tho, like pants or belts.
Re: lock additions and clasping options 08/23/2015 07:33 AM CDT
If there are any specific nouns that (royal) you would like to see added, this is a good spot to suggest them. There's pretty much 3 categories of things: things that can only be clasped, and things that can be clasped and have a lock added, and things that can only have a lock added. Claspable items are pretty flexible but because of either ambiguous messaging or other reasons some things are excluded. For adding locks, the item needs to be substantial enough to support a lock, so things like sacks and bags are out, but an item like a satchel is okay.

Pants and belts are out, one reason that I was given was that the verbiage for that is easily interpreted as too lurid (Ixix opens his pants.).

Here are the current lists of acceptable nouns. If you'd like to add something that is a synonym for one of these that should be no problem, but I appreciate your understanding if we end up rejecting anything, either a synonym or new. It can't hurt to ask though!

Both:
backpack, knapsack, rucksack, satchel, sporran, purse, case, tome, book, toolkit, casket, pack, hip-satchel, tube, prayerbook, songbook, manifest, register, bankbook, kit, handbag, reliquary, reticule, haversack, basket, hip-basket, valise, folio, saddlebag, pocketbook, and tome

Claspable only:
sack, bag, cloak, mantle, longcloak, greatcloak, coat, longcoat, pouch, cape, robe, robes, shroud, vestment, jacket, quiver, neckpouch, musette, over-gown, harness, burnoose, pelisse, ataniki, atanika, waistcoat, shrug, capelet, doublet, and overrobe

Lockable only:
box, coffer, strongbox, trunk, and chest

Ixix
Re: lock additions and clasping options 08/24/2015 09:08 AM CDT

carryall please
Re: lock additions and clasping options 08/30/2015 01:35 AM CDT
Frankly, belt worns and pants were the top of my list. I just hate that I can't close my trousers.

I don't see pouches on there anywhere. Doublet? Surcoat? Vest? harness? bandolier?

Sheaths would be something I'd like to see with clasps, if possible.