Armored Stealth 10/06/2010 04:37 PM CDT
Hello again!

I had some questions about how the armor specialization 'armored stealth' works (and maybe about armor specialization in general).

1. Is this generally regarded as the "go to" specialization for rogues? Is it necessary if you 3x Stalk and Hide already?

2. Regarding armor specialization, do you get 1 point per Armor Use training?

3. If the answer to #2 is yes, then I need 200 armor points to get 5 ranks in this specialization? :(

As always, thank you!
Re: Armored Stealth 10/06/2010 07:52 PM CDT
1.) I'd say no, it seems to be most rogues opt for evasion. The bonus from armored stealth gets all but mitigated away by heavier armor. Since hiding is a hidden mechanic, it is hard to truly nail down how profound the bonus is. I can tell you, however, that the bonus is substantial. With 5 ranks of armored stealth in robes I was basically a ghost. Even in scale armor, the bonus is very noticeable against the notoriously perceptive creatures (grim guards, triton sentries, war griffins, etc). If you rock a stealth build, I highly recommend its acquisition.

2.) Yes.

3.) And yes. Basically making rank 5 a post-cap goal.

.jaired
W.W.O.P.D.
Re: Armored Stealth 10/06/2010 09:01 PM CDT
Ah, thanks for the info...just one other question...

When you say "post-cap goal", does a character continue to accumulate TPs after hitting 100 or are you referring to switching around other skills to make room for the extra armor training?
Re: Armored Stealth 10/06/2010 09:02 PM CDT
>does a character continue to accumulate TPs after hitting 100

Yep. 1/1 for every 2500 exp.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Armored Stealth 10/07/2010 07:33 AM CDT
OMG...that changes my perspective on training a lot of things before 100! LOL!
Re: Armored Stealth 10/07/2010 08:38 AM CDT
Don't worry too much about planning for post cap, you'll assuredly get a free fix-skills or two at the very least on your way there, which will let you switch things around automatigically.

Most people get more than 2 free ones on the way there, but I'm just saying at the bare minimum I don't think you could get there (outside of shattered) in less than a year.

-Keleborrn.