Ambush with Brawlers 10/05/2010 05:33 PM CDT
Any of you guys ambush with brawling weapons? Like a sai or troll-claw, for instance? At least with the sai, I'd imagine a similar result as using a dagger (although the base RT is 1 second higher).
Re: Ambush with Brawlers 10/05/2010 07:39 PM CDT
Sais are better than daggers vs heavier armors.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Ambush with Brawlers 10/05/2010 08:23 PM CDT
But brawling is a lot more expensive for rogues than OHEs...

-Keleborrn.
Re: Ambush with Brawlers 10/05/2010 09:23 PM CDT
True...it would have been more of a 'flavor' decision than anything, although if I were inclined, Voln Fu would be available to this type of character.
Re: Ambush with Brawlers 10/05/2010 09:31 PM CDT
<<Sais are better than daggers vs heavier armors.>>

They also have the added benefit of being 100% puncture weapons.

Aim for the eye for those delicious low rank crit kills.
Re: Ambush with Brawlers 10/05/2010 09:52 PM CDT
Are they considered "larger" than daggers, thus a bit more difficult to aim? Or is it a negligible difference?
Re: Ambush with Brawlers 10/05/2010 11:22 PM CDT
size i think is wholly dependent upon base time. I could be wrong on that but that's what I assumed. It's a good indicator, regardless.

So yes, while they would be more difficult to aim, possibly, they are still tiny 2 second weapons. The difference would be negligible.
Re: Ambush with Brawlers 10/06/2010 01:35 PM CDT
>>But brawling is a lot more expensive for rogues than OHEs...<<

On the other hand, my rogues are also all in Voln, which increases the attractiveness of the brawling skill.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Ambush with Brawlers 10/06/2010 06:22 PM CDT
My TWC ambushing brawler uses sais. As has been stated, 100% puncture is nice. <--- understatement