Urutei 03/14/2014 07:10 AM CDT

Been trying to remember stuff from the time Urutei visited the rest but I can't seem to find anything but a passing reference on the web and I don't think any of my logs from that long ago have survived. Does anyone still have logs of the event's and maybe her shrine that got lost to gs4 and never replaced to the best of my knowledge. Id feel stupid if I walked out tot he stable ans saw it was back but pleasantly surprised.
Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Urutei 03/14/2014 09:41 PM CDT
Check Carabele's. Otherwise, it's in the waybackmachine of the GSIV forums and the GSnews site. It's either snippets, a full log of her appearance, or reports. I know there are more of her Icemule appearances logged.

-J of G
Re: Urutei 03/14/2014 11:36 PM CDT
found Carabele's website didn't know about that thanks. Looks like its all thurfel's logs I suppose she maybe made an appearance in one of the many many logs of that heh. To find those on way back do I put in the current forums addy I guess? hmm

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Urutei 03/16/2014 08:30 AM CDT
I wish I would have kept logs of all this stuff, but to be honest they would have been lost anyhow, I'm not the best when it comes to backing up files.

Urutei was an odd storyline. There never seemed to be an objective to it, and it just kind of came to an end. Between the night we all did the signal fires along the road and she had mentioned that these fires were an attempt to open a portal (I am 98% sure of this being mentioned by her that night) and the gathering on the bluff where she described the coming of some beings with arms like sheets of ice multiple times (%100 percent sure of this)leave me with the impression that we were attempting to free the Aelotoi.

I also mentioned last night that I am offering millions of silvers for one of the two dolls made from the collected skins. That offer stands. I believe Deev was given one of the dolls but she gave it to another person for safe keeping, if both dolls happen to be recovered one may make a great item for the museum.

Also offering 1 silver to the first person that can remember the name of the wizard some of us called pinky.
Re: Urutei 03/16/2014 09:04 PM CDT
Yeah I remember the impression most people formed was that were were summoning the winged ones and yes I belive she did say we were opening a portal the night of the bonfires. Didn't the aelotoi appear really shortly after? granted over in the nations not in the rest.

Fyrentennimar

Re: Urutei 03/17/2014 01:15 PM CDT
Urutei was also insane.

That said, I'll check my office to see if that owl stone thingy is floating around. There were efforts by the guru before me to restore the room, as the Alchemist's was restored to its WoN appearance.

GM Scribes
Re: Urutei 03/17/2014 01:45 PM CDT

"Urutei was also insane"

And very thirsty.
Re: Urutei 03/17/2014 02:15 PM CDT
Pretty sure I have a very short log of the night the stone owl thinger went in, with all the crazy light show. I think it shows the room description and the owl. Can dig it up if it's needed.
Re: Urutei 03/17/2014 04:09 PM CDT
Dig it. TOTALLY DIG IT.

GM Scribes
Re: Urutei 03/17/2014 05:29 PM CDT
Mkay, this is what I've got. Shortish little clip, just the 'light show' and everyone reacting to it, but it does indeed include the room description (added bonus, all the random junk on the ground we had offered for the ritual!) and a blue-streaked massive white rock with a three-eyed carved stone owl on it, with description!

The light of the stars wavers overhead, like the stars might do if seen through the shimmering haze of heat above a campfire, and then the sparkling blue line of the comet undulates like a snake in motion. Two blue stars glimmer into life, one on either side of the comet's head, and then the comet drops through the night like a swooping dragonfly.
J>
Esserae blinks.
J>
The shimmering blue comet blazes down through the sky, shifting and growing larger as it falls, and midnight blue patterns form all along its surface -- circles, triangles, squares, and spirals, each containing a single crescent which contains an angular rune -- each lasting but a second before dissolving again. As the comet hurtles downward, mingled with the rush of wind, you hear wild, silvery laughter, and the world dissolves as the comet strikes.
J>
You fall through an endless expanse of shimmering azure, and other things fall as well -- a carved rosewood chair, a spotted orchid, a confused-looking monkey, a delicate silver dancer statuette, a crumbling raspberry tart, a sparkling Eye-of-Koar emerald, a blood eagle's feather, a sleeping polar bear, a filigreed vaalin snowflake, a rust-stained silk jerkin, a crescent-painted mask... and more, but the mask draws your attention. There is not only one mask -- there is a ring of masks, falling, and you cannot look away from them, because there is another mask everywhere you look...
J>
As you stare directly into the eyeholes of one of the crescent-painted masks, you realize that the mask is your own face staring back at you -- a stylized version of yourself, but recognizable nonetheless, even with a silver crescent painted on the mask's brow and another painted on each cheek and the chin. Through the eyeholes, you see a ring of people sitting on top of a stable roof -- and then you are on the stable roof again, with the shimmering blue mass of the comet only seconds away from striking.
J>
Instead of crushing and destroying you, the comet dissolves into a thousand blue feathers, and the feathers rain down all around you. They feel like raindrops striking your skin, but heavier, and each one stings slightly like an electrical shock. Some of the feathers cluster together, and then, instead of feathers, you see the form of a huge, emerald-eyed owl with hundreds of madly beating wings.
J>
The owl swoops down and perches atop the massive white rock. As its talons grip the roughened surface, the feathers vanish from the rooftop, and, as the owl closes its wings, a third eye suddenly shimmers from the center of its forehead. The bird cocks its head slightly toward the sky, looking upward, and then it completely stills, sitting as motionlessly as carved stone.
J>
Esserae slowly empties her lungs.
J>
Celeri's face turns slightly pale.
Aubery seems to be angry with himself.
J>
Lywynd cackles!
J>
Lywynd glances at a three-eyed carved stone owl and grins.
J>
Esserae glances at something on top of a blue-streaked massive white rock.
J>
Shonison says, "I feel a need to draw my weapon"
J>
Laleena frowns.
J>
Everything is quiet and still.
J>
Wulfhen glances at something on top of a blue-streaked massive white rock.
J>
Wulfhen frowns.
J>
Naina blinks.
Anothi removes a haon-hafted vultite mace from in his hooded silk cloak.
J>l
[Citadel, Stable Roof]
Rotting planks slope toward the edge of the roof. Climbing vines, their pallid blossoms closed against the darkness, lace around the roof timbers, contributing to their slow destruction. White-winged moths flutter awkwardly among the blossoms, pursued by small, sleek bats. To the south, silhouetted against the night sky, rises the black bulk of the Citadel. You also see a heavy quartz orb, a bone-shafted arrow, a chrysoberyl inset steel buckle, a bone-inlaid imflass flask, a white flask, a copper lockpick, a polished black tegula shell, a spectral monk ale, an emerald, a small violet, a green tourmaline, a trollfear mushroom, a snake-etched pewter pendant, a soft white brocade toy puppy, an ivory longbow pin, a troll heart, a rum-soaked raisin tart, a silver pickle, a crystal toadstool sculpture, a rolton pelt, an uncut diamond, a silver-tipped red rose, a moldy bone, a star ruby, a bronze and blue zircon ring, a gold ring, a twisted wand, the Aubery disk, a kobold ear, a hobgoblin shaman ear, a crooked crone finger, an arctic titan toe, a giant toe, the Dajamerak disk, the Neathon disk, the Pacie disk, the Alahnna disk, the Esserae disk, the Silnoc disk, the pink Lywynd disk, the Treeaswinds disk, the Deevareeree disk, a blue-streaked massive white rock with a three-eyed carved stone owl on it and a rusting iron ladder leaning against the edge of the roof.
Also here: Balinworn who is sitting, Lord Aubery, Eairus, Conlin, Lady Naina, Laleena, Spaewife, Lywynd who is kneeling, Dajamerak, Perigourd, Lord Shonison, Silnoc, Daig, Esserae, Celeri, Warraxx, Lanoran, Pacie who is kneeling, Lord Anothi, Divid, Lord Neathon, Alahnna, Lady Deevareeree who is sitting, Dragonfaze, Wulfhen, Treeaswinds, Corienne, Urutei who is kneeling
Obvious paths: none
J>
Anothi slings a blackened vultite kite shield off from over his shoulder.
J>
Esserae just touched a three-eyed carved stone owl.
J>
Alahnna removes a fel-hafted white ora longsword from in her silvery vultite scabbard.
J>
Aubery rubs his eyes.
J>
Balinworn stands up.
J>
Pacie breathes almost without making a sound.
J>
Anothi tightens his grip on his vultite mace.
J>
* Trexlir just bit the dust!
J>
Shonison gazes up into the sky.
J>l owl
Alahnna rubs a crystal amulet.
Alahnna gets an odd look on her face.
J>
Three emeralds shine from the owl's stone eyesockets, each reflecting a slightly different image of the vast night sky, and moonlight shimmers off the owl's beak and claws, turning them spectrally silver. Whenever a breeze brushes past, the strips of peeling paint clinging to the stone bird's wings and back rustle softly. With its head slightly cocked toward the sky, and with celestial light gracing its feathers and eyes, the sculpture seems ready to forget its earthbound nature and spring into flight.
J>
Naina surveys the area.
J>
Alahnna rubs a crystal amulet.
J>
Neathon gazes up into the sky.
J>
Spaewife just touched a silver-winged toy owl.
J>
Pacie gazes up into the sky.
Dragonfaze surveys the area.
J>
Laleena blinks.
J>
Lywynd just touched a three-eyed carved stone owl.
J>
Alahnna giggles at a three-eyed carved stone owl!
J>
Spaewife smiles.
J>
Daig says something in Giantman.
J>
Alahnna softly exclaims, "You do exist!"
Re: Urutei 03/17/2014 05:57 PM CDT
Gods.... so many names there I haven't seen in years....

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Urutei 03/17/2014 11:40 PM CDT
Danke!

GM Scribes
Re: Urutei 03/18/2014 12:49 AM CDT
Thanks for posting that wish I could have been there for the end.

Fyrentennimar

Re: Urutei 03/18/2014 09:46 PM CDT
I'll see if I can't find a bit more when I'm looking too since it's been requested.

-G
Re: Urutei 03/19/2014 10:57 PM CDT

The 1 silver mystery is solved, Lywynd was the wizard we called pinky. Poor guy and hid facial tat. Thanks for posting this.