Missed Rivers Rest the most. 08/09/2013 10:29 PM CDT
So I've been away from the lands for probably ten years now and I've finally came back. My how things have changed. Still learning the ropes and trying to make my way back to the Rest. Had many, many good times in the years that I was there. Don't know how many of you are still around but hoping that at least a few of you are. Aubrey, Karly, Rlen, Balinworn just to name a few. Hope to see you guys soon and get back into some good ol' RR roleplay.

Aliandre and her player.
Re: Missed Rivers Rest the most. 08/09/2013 11:13 PM CDT

Welcome back! All four you named are still about, though the two drunks, er those fine upstanding individuals Aubery and Balinworn aren't seen out and about too often. Karly is about a bit - usually around Pinefar or Icemule Trace, these days. You can probably figure out where to find Rlen.
Re: Missed Rivers Rest the most. 08/09/2013 11:57 PM CDT
Awesome. How's the population on RR these days. It seems the gemstone population has dwindled since I was around last.
Re: Missed Rivers Rest the most. 08/10/2013 12:28 AM CDT

Well, we also see the general effects of the dwindling population. Generally somewhat quiet, but usually some activity. You're coming back just in time for the Pickle Festival which is due to start a week from tonight, if my memory serves me (since I just logged out for the night and can't look at the sign.)
Re: Missed Rivers Rest the most. 08/10/2013 06:18 AM CDT
Welcome back. If you need help getting back into the swing of things, feel free to send me a whisper if you see me around (along with a couple other Resters, I'm a Mentor). I know from my own break that the changes can be daunting and I wasn't gone for near as long as you.

Speaking of changes, if you haven't already discovered this for yourself, be careful if you decide to venture into the Citadel. The low level orcs and spiders that used to reside there have been removed and replaced with undead that range from approx levels 52-62. Also, if I remember correctly, the area across Maelstrom Bay was around when you left, but there's been a new area added there (the Keep) that has critters (mostly undead, but a couple living) in the upper 40's through the mid 50's.

A few other things new you might want to check out (some more then others depending, on yer profession) but prolly won't notice right away are: the SHIELD and ARMOR verbs (function similar to CMAN), the SERVICE verb, guild skills for pures, lock mastery for rogues (guild skill), the bounty system (just type BOUNTY in game or ask someone where you can find the NPC Alanna), and RR finally got it's own Voln Monastery (though you still have to travel to the Landing to advance in steps). If you want to look up these things, or most anything else in Elanthia, www.krakiipedia.com is like the wikipedia of GS.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Missed Rivers Rest the most. 08/10/2013 06:26 AM CDT
Thanks for the info Starchitin. I'm currently a lvl 59 rogue (mainly locksmith)in Voln. So those undead will be perfect. I'd also need a reinvite to the rogue guild...if it even exists...lol So hopefully someone can help me out with that. I'll be heading over that way today and hope to meet you all soon.

Aliandre and her player.
Re: Missed Rivers Rest the most. 08/10/2013 06:56 AM CDT
Rogue guild? Neva heard of one.... an if I had it certianla wouldnae be hidden annawhere near tha Inn...

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Missed Rivers Rest the most. 08/11/2013 10:54 AM CDT
Welcome back! Though there have been many changes (I recently returned after a long hiatus as well), it's not as drastic as when I left GS3 and returned to find something calling itself GS4. THAT was somewhat traumatic LOL

Hope to see around :)

Urisk Glastig
Lifebringer of River's Rest.
"May the River always bring you home."
Re: Missed Rivers Rest the most. 08/11/2013 10:57 AM CDT
Star, didn't know about the SERVICE verb. That is very cool! Thanks, bud! :)

Urisk Glastig
Lifebringer of River's Rest.
"May the River always bring you home."