That's the chair, really... 07/10/2013 12:01 PM CDT
Conference call from home to speak with the IT Manager, Product Development Team members, Account Manager, and I don't know who all else was on the call. I'm trying to get a software application problem fixed that will help my employees work smarter. We're discussing my proposal, getting a little technical and to my mild surprise making some excellent headway. They ask me to login to the server to see a mock up of what their solution might look like.

No problem. I had my desktop powered up and ready, since I had been playing GS right up until the time the call had been scheduled. I had been in the kitchen so I went back to the Man Cave where the computer lives.

Sat down in my chair, which is old and gives off some pretty amazing squeaks and groans when I sit in it. Did I mention I had this conference call on speaker phone?

My butt hits the chair, and it lets out this huge groan like a colossal whoopi cushion. It was like something out of a Japanese monster movie.

Conversation ceases. Nobody makes a sound.

I know what they're thinking. There's no point in even trying to explain, so I just go on like nothing happened. "Ok, gentlemen. Logged in and opening the email now to navigate to that link...."

Sweet mother of god. I am going to burn this chair right in my backyard. And then run over its corpse with a lawnmower.

Urisk Glastig
Lifebringer of River's Rest.
"May the River always bring you home."
Re: That's the chair, really... 07/11/2013 02:49 AM CDT
I'd keep it.... sounds like a great way to get everyone else to shut up and pay attention.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: That's the chair, really... 07/11/2013 12:35 PM CDT
Maybe I could take it to work and use it the way Robert Shaw used fingernails on chalkboard in "Jaws." :)

Urisk Glastig
Lifebringer of River's Rest.
"May the River always bring you home."