"Drink the poison" 06/09/2012 02:54 PM CDT
To all you crazies who like games that involve death...please help me with this new game!

I was promoting this idea somewhat in game, and at least Herberto seemed excited about it. We don't need too many people to kill ourselves and a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Anyway, I have a nice supply of poisons from the Dhu. These things are really amazing. I made the mistake of drinking one once. It was a 50 per, and I surely died. I didn't buy up all of them, and I have a list of the names. If we could ever manage to use all my poison, I'd be shocked and pleased.

It's a question of how to make a game with them. Dice were suggested. I'm against using 114, but otherwise I'm fine with 105 and acantha leaf, for example.

I spent near a million coins collecting these poisons from player shops; you don't need to ask, but I'm pretty committed to making this into a game.

I also have a decent supply of poison mushrooms. My original game idea was to dye mushrooms different colors randomly, and use some poisoned ones and some normal ones. Sadly they can't be dyed! But those could be worked into the game as well, being a poison theme. Maybe more common dice rolls are eating mushrooms, and snake eyes is drinking this horrible stuff?

As far as a reward, I'm working up my alchemy, so one reward could be sea-green potions to cure poison (there are enough reasons to want those potions in River's Rest I think).

But I'm not having a lot of ideas for a game. I figured we'd just drink poison and the last one standing can remove the poison and win. At least it's a game that can be played in the Sanctuary or Commons and not endanger others. Since the idea of dice were suggested, I thought a gambling game might be fun. Like most dice rolls increase the amount of money you are paid or lay down, and certain rolls mean you drink the poison or eat the mushrooms.

Is anyone fond enough of this to help create simple rules for a simple game? It also might need a name better than "Drink the poison"? "Dice of poison" sounds simple enough if we go for using dice.

~daid (master of the insane Kaldonis)
Re: "Drink the poison" 06/09/2012 03:07 PM CDT
>Since the idea of dice were suggested, I thought a gambling game might be fun. Like most dice rolls increase the amount of money you are paid or lay down, and certain rolls mean you drink the poison or eat the mushrooms.

To run with this idea, I like the idea in games that winning is losing, and vice versa. I want the one who is left standing (who is allowed to chug anti-poison) to pay everyone else. I want dice rolls to increase the wager. We can make some common roll like 7 (assuming 2 six-sided dice, but GS has a number of options) be eating a mushroom. And snake-eyes and/or double 6's can be "drink the poison." Game should be played quickly. Those agreeing to play can set the scale factor. Scale factor is assumed like 100 or 1000 in my mind. Each roll increases the pot by the scale factor. So a roll of 9 with an agreed scale factor of 100 increases the pot by 900 silvers. In that sense, I'd put snake-eyes at the anti-poison option, and double 6's at drinking the poison. Then a low roll is good, and a high roll increases your chance for death at the same time as your payoff.

If we prefer not to have the winner share the pot with all, we could invert the mechanism.

~daid (master of Kaldonis)
Re: "Drink the poison" 06/09/2012 06:20 PM CDT
This game was once played long ago. It was played as such.

Leave a random vial on the bench

Wait for Sorcerer

Sorcerer goes "hmmm what is this?"

Sorcerer thinks "well only one way to find out."

Sorcerer drinks vial

Sorcerer dies

Player of Malisai
Re: "Drink the poison" 06/09/2012 07:46 PM CDT
He forgets the part of the game where wife of sorcerer just about dies laughing at now deceased sorcerer.
Re: "Drink the poison" 06/10/2012 12:34 AM CDT
>Leave a random vial on the bench

>Wait for Sorcerer

>Sorcerer goes "hmmm what is this?"

>Sorcerer thinks "well only one way to find out."

Amazing!! But I already played that game with myself. Ever told yourself a joke you never heard before?

There's a reason I know how dangerous this stuff is. I found it in my locker a few years ago. "Hmmm I wonder what it does" gulp dead

Is it something about sorcerers?!

~daid (master of Kaldonis)
Re: "Drink the poison" 06/16/2012 06:29 PM CDT

This reminded me of a question I have. Last year or maybe two a few of us attented a wandering merchant who spun and handed out some poisons at the point. I know he gave out 5 that night in the Rest. I dont know if he gave more elsewhere or on other days. Does anyone remember who that merchant was, and what type containers (or have a description of one) the poison came in. I know it was not a vial.The one I received I placed in a locker before I used the last of it, and now I am having very hard time identifying it. I would like to get more but cannot obviously do so if I dont even know what it looks like.