If you've ever 03/15/2012 11:44 PM CDT
1. If you ever had to wait for your amulet to wear off to go hunting because you couldn't see past all the scroll...

2. If you've ever sat in the Raging Thrak Inn spamming "go table" for 15 minutes trying to get a table...

3. If you've ever decayed and immediately run back to the hunting ground you were in buck naked and weaponless trying to beat the janitor and other players to your stuff...

4. If you've ever spent an hour trying to find a crystal amulet in River's Rest so you could go fetch a cleric in the Landing...

5. If you've ever rolled a new character, were shocked to find yourself in Icemule, and made a mad dash to the Landing at level 0 hoping you didn't die...

6. If you've ever done number 5 and forgot to pay off your starting loan first, so had to repeat the trip at level 1...

7. If you've ever rolled up a sylvan empath with really bad stats because that's what the guide told you to do...

8. If you've ever done an ASSIST and chewed out the GH that responded because you lost EXP rather then your gear when you died...

9. If you've ever paid for a vultite sword and shield by running around the Landing collecting boxes that were left laying around and taking them through the boot to sell them...

10. If you've ever cheered and run to the bank when someone dropped a million silver into your pocket, only to realize when you got to the bank they were using the SMILE verb...

...then you just might be an old fart in GS.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: If you've ever 03/16/2012 01:27 AM CDT

I resemble that remark.
Re: If you've ever 03/16/2012 08:44 AM CDT
I prefer old toot.

GM Scribes
Re: If you've ever 03/16/2012 02:10 PM CDT
I miss licking swords.

Player of Malisai
Re: If you've ever 03/16/2012 02:29 PM CDT

I'm not owning up to any of those. The logs were lost when I deleted them to make room on my 250K hard drive and since it's text there's no pics. Never happened.
Re: If you've ever 03/20/2012 02:09 AM CDT
I seem to recall having done one or two of those.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: If you've ever 05/03/2012 08:40 AM CDT
1. If gold rings were the best loot you could get hunting because they sold for 5k...

2. If you still have your gift box item from when GemStone first moved to the web...

3. If you didn't realize for years and years that going demonic doesn't happen anymore...

4. If you ever titled an empath or a cleric by just sitting inside the Landing North Gate...

5. If you have a scroll with 312 massively charged by a merchant sitting in your locker...

6. If you sat in the AOL chat room because you couldn't log in because the game was at capacity...

7. If you still lust after some off-the-shelf merchant stuff sold at an old Juggernaut...

8. If you look at maps and guides to figure out how the Live Bait works because you're used to crystal amulets...

9. If you remember when there used to be three spells at different levels that all did the same thing...

10. If you got stuck in the Bathhouse because a mass of Voln members staked out every room in the Landing...

...see above!

-Kaldonis
Re: If you've ever 05/03/2012 11:13 AM CDT
<4. If you ever titled an empath or a cleric by just sitting inside the Landing North Gate...>

Pppfffttt... I did that in the RR sanctuary.... in off-peak hours... in the 90's.

<8. If you look at maps and guides to figure out how the Live Bait works because you're used to crystal amulets...>

Try coming back after a multi-year break with a new account and freaking out because the boot doesn't work any more... and desperately searching the WEB for info on how to get to RR while hoping the whole time they didn't get rid of the Rest all together.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.