Gruesome Feast 04/20/2014 09:38 PM CDT
I was fighting a Flesh Golem and took it down as a Tomb Troll Necromancer entered the room. Instead of attacking me, it did this:
With a ravenous glint in his eye, a tomb troll necromancer pounces upon the body of a flesh golem and begins feasting on its abdomen. Within seconds, the golem's midsection is torn asunder and the troll
necromancer looks up from his meal with gore dripping down his face. A tomb troll necromancer looks much healthier after consuming his gruesome feast!

I've never seen that before. And really don't want to again.

Magarven the Mad
Re: Gruesome Feast 04/21/2014 11:01 AM CDT
You're totally welcome!

GM Scribes
Re: Gruesome Feast 04/21/2014 01:25 PM CDT
That is great.

Player of Malisai
Re: Gruesome Feast 04/21/2014 02:04 PM CDT

The tomb troll hunting area is great, I am rather sad it is going to be the last I can hunt in RR besides war camps. The necromancers also raise any dead you leave laying around long enough and then you end up fighting one undead troll and one necromancer.
Re: Gruesome Feast 04/21/2014 04:20 PM CDT
Some of my best memories and friends come from the rest. It really is a great place. You dont want to hunt the Citadel after the keep? I stayed there as long as I possibly could before moving on to Krag Slopes
Re: Gruesome Feast 04/21/2014 04:53 PM CDT
I forgot to mention, you don't want them eating the dead. They regain HPs that way. </GM Secret>

GM Scribes
Re: Gruesome Feast 04/21/2014 08:35 PM CDT

I forgot to mention, you don't want them eating the dead. They regain HPs that way. </GM Secret>
GM Scribes

yea but there trolls...they regain hp doing just about anywhing

as far as hunting the citadel, unfortunately I can not hunt undead even if there was a steady supply of clerical magic in RR.
Re: Gruesome Feast 04/22/2014 02:50 AM CDT
I've seen normal tomb trolls do that all the time, but never seen a necromancer do it. I did always assume that it restored their HP due to the messaging (though it's nice to have that confirmed) but never worried about that since both characters I've hunted with there relied on crits to kill them. Trying to kill a tomb troll through attrition is an exercise in futility unless you can reliably hit them with fire since they'll heal themselves every round even if they're stunned (unlike lower level trolls).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Gruesome Feast 05/10/2014 11:52 AM CDT
Question - I thought I saw a troll gobble up a carcass of a rat or something while hunting. It wasn’t the body of a creature. Of course, I can’t find the log now.

Is this an “environmental” thing that is just creepy messaging or do they have second way to regain HP aside from regeneration?

Magarven the Mad