Spectral servant DS bug? 11/03/2011 10:24 PM CDT
I disarmed a servant and it only lost 12 DS. A pure gets about 25 DS from their runestaff at that level even if offensive stance and I think this servant was in guarded or neutral, so it should have lost at least 50 and maybe 75 DS. When they go to offensive stance their DS drops as low as 150.

It followed me from another room when I retreated from a swarm so it had already taken some damage at this point.

[Ghastly Swamp, Foggy Path]
Tendrils of cold, damp fog swirl about the area, reducing visibility to nothing with encompassing walls of white mist, leaving no sign of the pathway underfoot. Even the surrounding sounds and noises of the swampy area are muted by the fog, creating a stillness that permeates the area. You also see an iron-bound tanik coffer.
Obvious paths: southeast
A gaunt spectral servant silently floats in.
>stance offensive
You are now in an offensive stance.
You swing a serrated white ora flamberge at a gaunt spectral servant!
AS: +295 vs DS: +266 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +74 = +142
... and hit for 50 points of damage!
Massive blow strikes the spectral servant and drives it back!
Good thing those ribs aren't made of bone.
The spectral servant is stunned!
A dark shadowy tendril rises up from a gaunt spectral servant, writhes its way up an oddly serrated white ora flamberge covered in undecipherable runes towards you and lashes out malevolently...
CS: +223 - TD: +233 + CvA: +12 + d100: +34 - +15 == +21
Warded off!

Your white ora flamberge releases a spray of acid!

... 15 points of damage!
A strong blow bursts the right calf open in a spray of vapor.
New muscle erupts from the middle of the wound, consuming the injured tissue.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
AS: +295 vs DS: +243 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +9 = +100
A clean miss.
AS: +295 vs DS: +243 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +20 = +111
... and hit for 10 points of damage!
Glancing blow to the right arm leaves a trail of vapor in its wake.
A dark shadowy tendril rises up from a gaunt spectral servant, writhes its way up an oddly serrated white ora flamberge covered in undecipherable runes towards you and lashes out malevolently...
CS: +223 - TD: +233 + CvA: +12 + d100: +71 - +15 == +58
Warded off!
[Roll result: 246 (open d100: 186) Bonus: 10]
You swing your white ora flamberge at a gaunt spectral servant's willow runestaff and connect!
A gaunt spectral servant's willow runestaff is knocked to the ground!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
You feel more refreshed.
AS: +295 vs DS: +231 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +63 = +166
... and hit for 52 points of damage!
Powerful hit to the spectral servant's neck leaves trails of vapor in its wake!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the spectral servant's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
A gaunt spectral servant groans weakly and drops slowly to the ground.
The bright luminescence fades from around a gaunt spectral servant.
The dull golden nimbus fades from around a gaunt spectral servant.
A shadow seems to detach itself from a gaunt spectral servant, swiftly dissipating into the air.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a gaunt spectral servant.
The light blue glow leaves a gaunt spectral servant.
Re: Spectral servant DS bug? 11/04/2011 11:24 AM CDT
You forget that all creatures are weapons masters, so even when disarmed they get the brawling parry defense. Would be nice to see creatures with specific weapon type skill sets but that would likely just be more work for an already overworked staff.
Re: Spectral servant DS bug? 11/05/2011 05:42 AM CDT
That never occurred to me although its obvious when I recall what happens when critters pick weapons up.

Do they get TWC as well? Even brawling should still cost it 20-25 DS or so over the runestaff DS unless its getting a TWC bonus for having both hands empty.
Re: Spectral servant DS bug? 11/05/2011 01:33 PM CDT
>>Do they get TWC as well? Even brawling should still cost it 20-25 DS or so over the runestaff DS unless its getting a TWC bonus for having both hands empty.

I know of one creature with TWC and I can't recall if disarming did anything to its DS I want to say no though, I just used it for the rt when landing a poor feint or tackle roll. PC's don't get any parry DS for the left hand when its empty but it wouldn't surprise me if the creatures did.