Hello? 12/01/2004 01:55 AM CST
I myself, and I am sure a lot of others would like to see an answer from those in red regarding the question of Fixskills being available because of this being such a game altering "improvement". The curious silence is probably more frustrating than the change itself.

Jade's player

~Jade emits a deep throaty purr that sounds remarkably like a contented panther cub.~
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 01:57 AM CST
Likely answer: No, fixskills are given on may 20th. It is your choice to use it or save it until you may need it. If you no longer have your one yearly fix skills, then you will have to wait. In the future you may use your one a year fix skills more wisely.

don't expect one to be out this year, infact don't expect one until at least the seventh when it goes live for everyone above level 5.

~Jeff
Why do people look at the name ascendent, and say the first syllable, or part of it makes me look like something? As hardly means what the try to make it be, and only proves their level of maturity is low, and besides the first part is ascend
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 06:34 AM CST
<<I myself, and I am sure a lot of others would like to see an answer from those in red regarding the question of Fixskills being available because of this being such a game altering "improvement". The curious silence is probably more frustrating than the change itself. - Jade's Player

No extra FIXSKILLS will be made available for this release.

~ Kitrina
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 06:58 AM CST
Hope you donned your flame-retardant suit (of DOOM!) this morning, Kitrina. ;)

Avaia, player of

> If we knew what we are, we should do as Sir Arthur Jermyn did; and Arthur Jermyn soaked himself in oil and set fire to his clothing one night.

Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 07:11 AM CST
<<Hope you donned your flame-retardant suit (of DOOM!) this morning, Kitrina. ;) - Avaia, player of

Is that what I wear when I go into the sorcerer forum for the AD update? :P

OF DOOM! Heh, love it.

~ Kitrina
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 07:18 AM CST

Uh oh, now you've done it. You've committed one of the 3 classic blunders....

The first - Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
The second - Never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
The third - Never, ever, ever use the terms AD and update in the same sentence...

:)

Avaia, player of

> If we knew what we are, we should do as Sir Arthur Jermyn did; and Arthur Jermyn soaked himself in oil and set fire to his clothing one night.

Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 08:03 AM CST
The first - Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
The second - Never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line.-AVAIA

Heh, love that movie.

Still think the new moc changes need fixing.

Good job getting forging out! I mean, its not like it took a year or anything. Who runs the schedule over there?

Heh, let me share some quotes from teh Hero Journey FAQ, because, in light of the changes for GS, they are...priceless...

Q. Once I subscribe, should I expect new content to be added to the game?
A. Simutronics is a company that prides itself on its ability to frequently and dynamically upgrade its games. The tradition of regular updates that we started 15 years ago will be alive and well in Hero's Journey. ...

Q. How will HJ differ from other MMORPGs? *
A. Simutronics' design motto is "More Fun. Less Tedium." ...

<<<<GSS will be moving into it's final chapter this year.
Melissa
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 08:42 AM CST
I see Jade's player and I are thinking about the same thing, I should have figured at least one other player would be pondering the need to use a fixskill they don't have to counter these changes.

Jim
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 08:43 AM CST
No extra FIXSKILLS will be made available for this release.

~ Kitrina <--

Ah well, I guess my option is to close down my GS account again and come back after May. Theres always DR till then.
;p

Jim
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 01:42 PM CST
>>Q. How will HJ differ from other MMORPGs? *
A. Simutronics' design motto is "More Fun. Less Tedium." ...<<

I've already seen this posted twice and it still cracks me up. Someone needs to start a Heros Journey account and post warnings for these poor MMORPG playing people who expect to get what they pay for out of simu. More fun, less tedium... It's certainly not the motto in any other simu game I've ever played.

Kithus Norrak Faendryl and his dragon

A kobold points at you and yells, "Mine! Chasin!"
blink
You blink.
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 01:44 PM CST
<< I've already seen this posted twice and it still cracks me up. Someone needs to start a Heros Journey account and post warnings for these poor MMORPG playing people who expect to get what they pay for out of simu. More fun, less tedium... It's certainly not the motto in any other simu game I've ever played. >>

It must not bother you too much since you are still here.

Ron

If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your face.
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 02:53 PM CST
>Q. How will HJ differ from other MMORPGs? *
>A. Simutronics' design motto is "More Fun. Less Tedium." ...<<

>I've already seen this posted twice and it still cracks me up. Someone needs to start a Heros Journey account and post warnings for these poor MMORPG playing people who expect to get what they pay for out of simu. More fun, less tedium... It's certainly not the motto in any other simu game I've ever played.

You know whats fun? Read Blizzard, NCsoft's or Sony Interactive's forums sometimes. Take a gander at the kind of vitriol people spew towards SWG, COH, D2 or EQ (id say WOW too but I havent read Blizz's since I got done with D2).

There wont be any need for you to sit around poison penning HJ for people. The MMO community is more than capable of it all by themselves.

Landrion/Katryn
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 03:04 PM CST
>>There wont be any need for you to sit around poison penning HJ for people. The MMO community is more than capable of it all by themselves.

Landrion/Katryn<<

Just want those incoming and still on their free accounts to get a good idea from someone who's played simu games for years. It'll be good for them to know what they're getting into.

blink
You blink.
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 03:32 PM CST
<< Just want those incoming and still on their free accounts to get a good idea from someone who's played simu games for years. It'll be good for them to know what they're getting into. >>

After reading quite a few of your posts, I would imagine they will think the same thing that I do. You babble and complain a lot, but offer nothing constructive.

Ron

If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your face.
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 03:58 PM CST
>You babble and complain a lot, but offer nothing constructive.

The below was said more eloquently than I could have ever put it.

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=5&topic=3&message=14332

Odysia

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies, cannot stand."
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 06:42 PM CST
Oh, they'll just dump all us text-based phreaks once grafix come online.

Or all our money will be pumped into HJ and our dev teams will bail. Who knows! DOOM, I say, DOOM!

Download Nershyve's scroll reading script and scroll invoking script (in color) all at gs4sorcerer.com! OR
visit Nershyve's Sorcerer Resource Center (NSRC) homepage at http://www.students.washington.edu/dhamih/gs4main.html
Re: Hello? 12/01/2004 09:13 PM CST
>>After reading quite a few of your posts, I would imagine they will think the same thing that I do. You babble and complain a lot, but offer nothing constructive.

Ron<<

I offered constructive ideas and have been ignored time and again. I e-mailed Warden, Melissas, Kitriana and feedback in an attempt to get some sort of poll offered to the player base about the FoF issue offering us a few alternatives so they might see what their players wanted. I was ignored by all but Kitriana who honestly just got the e-mail in case she could think of someone better to forward it to (No offense you just don't have much pull hun). I sad through HSN last year, HSN this year and RSN this year with no addition to the profession I play primarily AFTER Melissa apologized for the blunder in the first HSN. You're right at this point I'm just complaining. I'm just offering my personal disatisfaction with the way simu does business and how they treat their customers.

To the next few people who are going to tell me "Well if you aren't happy with how simu does things just quit." I enjoy this game but my enjoyment has been steadily declining over the last couple years. I'm sure eventually they'll make things tedious enough that I will quit if they continue down the path they are on. Honestly I'm not sure who to blame for this trend but I'm willing to point the finger at the people in charge. My first poll request was ignored, I've got another. I'd like to a poll to see if players feel Warden should be replaced. Since he's taken his position his constant strive towards realism and aweful vision for how the game should be has made it less fun to play. He's had his chance. I'd like to see someone in charge who puts realism after FUN. I know which one of the two I'm supposed to be paying for.

blink
You blink.
Re: Hello? 12/02/2004 04:54 AM CST
After reading quite a few of your posts, I would imagine they will think the same thing that I do. You babble and complain a lot, but offer nothing constructive.

Ron

As opposed to what your doing? Complaining about him complaining? Hah.... Babble is right. Constructive is a matter of opinion. Just because it is a complaint does not mean it is not constructive. He is voice his dislike of a system, and wanting it changed. THAT IS CONSTRUCTIVE.

Just say F blah blah blah blah blah. Isn't. But posting what you don't like exactly is.

~Jeff
Why do people look at the name ascendent, and say the first syllable, or part of it makes me look like something? As hardly means what the try to make it be, and only proves their level of maturity is low, and besides the first part is ascend
Re: Hello? 12/02/2004 07:59 AM CST
Kithus,
You pay for a service. If you do not feel that you are being given that service,or, are upset because the quality of that service has declined rapidly over the past few years... you have the right to gripe about it.

Gripe. Make suggestions. Whatever, your cash is no better or worse. Keep in mind, thats all you are..$ $. And you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

~guarr's funk

"It's business, Tom. It's not personal, it's strictly business"

<<<<GSS will be moving into it's final chapter this year.
Melissa
Re: Hello? 12/02/2004 08:07 AM CST
>thats all you are..$ $. And you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Just like everywhere else.

Come to the House of Gnomish Goods for all your various and sundry needs. Located at the Mouth of the Solhaven Spiral!
Find our current inventory here! http://www.playershops.com/HouseofGnomishGoods