RSN: PALADIN PROFESSION RELEASED! 11/20/2004 07:11 PM CST
The GemStone IV staff is proud to bring you the first new profession since 1989 -- Paladins!

A Paladin is a martial champion sworn to the service of a patron Arkati, serving both as the fighting arm to slay those who would oppose the patron deity and as the defender of the deity's faithful servants. In recognition of the service of the champion, the patron Arkati grants powerful spiritual abilities to enhance and protect the Paladin on the field of battle. Through close, physical combat, Paladins conquer their foes with force, supplemented by spells of the spiritual magic sphere. To aid with their constant fighting on behalf of their patrons, Paladins have learned to wear heavy armors and are skilled with all of the melee combat forms.

Paladin Information

Skill costs, magic sphere, spell circles, prime stats, mana stat: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/professions/paladins.asp

Stat Growth Interval: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/stats.asp#starting

Magical Armor Hindrance: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/armory/armor.asp

Spells: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/spells/spelllist.asp?circle=13

We hope you enjoy the new Paladin profession as much as we enjoyed creating it!

Discussion on this release will take place in the Paladin folder of the GemStone IV Forums -- http://www.play.net/forums/topics.asp?forum=102&category=30
Re: RSN: PALADIN PROFESSION RELEASED! 11/20/2004 08:25 PM CST
Holy crap. Something this big released on time?? Wow. Really good job.

- Greminty
Re: RSN: PALADIN PROFESSION RELEASED! 11/20/2004 09:09 PM CST
On-time release - - - -> End of World?

Everybody to your bunkers! (With your computer of course, gotta try out a paladin before you're destroyed)

Haha! Filthy human organs!
{Smack}
Ahhhhhh!...My squiddly spooch!

~Invader Zim
Re: RSN: PALADIN PROFESSION RELEASED! 11/20/2004 11:40 PM CST
No this is not hearld of the end of the world. That is if they don't release animate dead on time. Which was already delayed from HSN, and if it is delayed from RSN, then well Many sorcerers will be upset, and the world will end...

Bless nilven and all the work he is doing, I don't have anything against the sorcerer gm's, but yeah I know alot of sorcerers would be upset. I don't think i'll be joining them, as my little wizard is got my interest for now...

~Jeff
~Aim: Hakwea
You mention one word about why you can't believe that all half breeds are not killed at birth, and all of Ta'vaalor starts to hate you...
Re: RSN: PALADIN PROFESSION RELEASED! 11/21/2004 03:29 AM CST
Now that you got this released can you get to what people really care about?

That is fixing the numerous bugs (some of which have been in the game for years ie: remove arm yet hand stil there for example), updating the archaic parts of professions, and finishing spell lists for professions that have been promised for years of certain spells - Before you start to create another new profession?

I mean this is great and all... I even have a character I been planning to become a Paladin, but in all honesty I want professions that have been ignored (Meaning useless or devasting "fixes" to spells no one asked for let alone see as good) and professions who have been promised things continually pushed back (Sorcerors with AD, Wizards Major Elemental Summoning)... to get the attention they deserve.

Paladins did Not make this game what it is today, nor did it create the income to keep this game here for all these years. I'm sick of warrior upgrades being dropped every month.. yes Warden you got your wish the warriors are now the prize profession of GS, good for you (And dont tell me they arent because I been playing my warrior a lot lately and compared to any profession Ive ever played over the years its a frigging cake walk).

You netuered the main magic professions to something they can never match from the old days, and still have yet to fulfill promises years gone by. I truely hope and expect to see issues that have been ignored for years to be addressed now before you bring in monks or savants.

That is saying.. reward the people who have had expectations and wants for years to finally see things come to fruitation before you bring any 'big, new' things to the game. To those of us who have been asking for things to work correctly, fixed to be in line with whats possible now, and just the plain old promises to be fulfilled means a hell of a lot more than a new profession.

This may sound harsh, but in reality it's not. I am just stating what your loyal customers of Years want more than anything... for thigs to be Finished before new things are added. Though I gotta say it's funny that even the pell list for paladains is not complete leaving 1613 (What many people requested being complete in exsisting spell lists 1-20), let alone having 1625 and 1630 empty while filling the 1635 slot... so you can expect more people asking for this new profession to be completed still.)

Congrats on being ontime for something... that is amazing in this game, as sad as it may be it is impressive.. but I just hope like hell you direct your attention to what people Want.

Xatier
Re: RSN: PALADIN PROFESSION RELEASED! 11/21/2004 03:55 PM CST
>>Paladins did Not make this game what it is today, nor did it create the income to keep this game here for all these years. I'm sick of warrior upgrades being dropped every month.. yes Warden you got your wish the warriors are now the prize profession of GS, good for you (And dont tell me they arent because I been playing my warrior a lot lately and compared to any profession Ive ever played over the years its a frigging cake walk).

You netuered the main magic professions to something they can never match from the old days, and still have yet to fulfill promises years gone by. I truely hope and expect to see issues that have been ignored for years to be addressed now before you bring in monks or savants.<<

Impeach Warden! Xatier for his job!

Magnificantly stated, Xatier.

Tabor-toothed tiger.