RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 12:17 PM CST
Dateline 11/16/2004: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE

In order to allow all GemStone players the opportunity to try Paladins without sacrificing existing characters, we will TEMPORARILY increase all accounts' character slots by 1 through January 2, 2005.

On January 2nd, we will remove the additional character slot. If, at that time, there are too many characters on your account, we will select one to remove along with the slot. To prevent us from removing the incorrect character, please either add an extra character slot to retain the character ( https://www.play.net/gs4/signup/subscribe_char.asp ) or delete the character of your choice ( https://www.play.net/gs4/play/delete_character.asp ) before that date.

If we do remove a character you would have preferred to remain, you can contact the billing department at billing@simutronics.com or 636-925-3172 to have the character returned to your visible character list, but it would be best to prepare by January 2, 2005 by amending your account to your wishes.

(For the sake of clarity, Paladins are NOT currently released. However, we are making the slots available now so that they will be ready when Paladins go live.)
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 12:19 PM CST
OK, now this i like thank you

Neb

Nessu's Magic Shoppe
Icemule Trace
Hope Alley
Small Stucco Shop
http://www.playershops.com/nessu

Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 12:21 PM CST
Yes I like, to bad its not a permantent extra slot =p

But hey its not bad.

~Jeff
~Aim: Hakwea
"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him." --Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine, AFC 54
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 12:23 PM CST
"to[o] bad its not a permantent extra slot" -- Jeff

On the other hand...

You might look at this as a precedent-setter for when they roll out Monks [free character slot for 45 days] and Savants [free character slot for 45 days].

You can hope, right?
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 12:48 PM CST
Anyone wana take odds on the number of people complaining their favorite character was removed from their account come Jan 3 because they didn't preemptivly delete their free character like they were told to?

Asmodea Drey'Haus

Visit Asmodea's Shop on the far east end of Bootlegger's Alley, which located twice west from the south gate of Icemule. Now with auctual invintory!!
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 12:55 PM CST
that's an easy fix, call simutronics and tell them to make a change, that has actually happened to me before it took less than 10 minutes to fix it.

Neb

Nessu's Magic Shoppe
Icemule Trace
Hope Alley
Small Stucco Shop

Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 12:56 PM CST
Just because it's easy to fix doesn't mean people won't complain about it.

Asmodea Drey'Haus

Visit Asmodea's Shop on the far east end of Bootlegger's Alley, which located twice west from the south gate of Icemule. Now with auctual invintory!!
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 12:57 PM CST
<<Anyone wana take odds on the number of people complaining their favorite character was removed from their account come Jan 3 because they didn't preemptivly delete their free character like they were told to? - Asmodea

How about odds on the number of posts of people claiming they never knew they had to do it?

Xatier
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 12:58 PM CST
ok, you got me

Neb

Nessu's Magic Shoppe
Icemule Trace
Hope Alley
Small Stucco Shop

Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 01:01 PM CST
"How about odds on the number of posts of people claiming they never knew they had to do it?" -- Xatier

It said right there, this is a free character slot!

Why is it deleted?

You people are just out to screw your paying customers, aren't you? Aren't you?!?!?
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 01:05 PM CST
Okay Krakii, no posting like that when I am drinking a Pepsi <chuckle>.

Is soda really bad for a keyboard?
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 01:05 PM CST
Ohh Krakii, you are so lucky I just finished eating lunch otherwise Id be cleaning off my monitor.

We really need to save these for Jan 3rd and repost them when it begins.

Xatier
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 01:08 PM CST
"2:05:01 PM" -- Carabele, Pepsi
"2:05:03 PM" -- Xatier, lunch

Two in two seconds. Suh-weet!
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 03:32 PM CST
Not even counting those that can't reply because they've destroyed their equipment...

Haha! Filthy human organs!
{Smack}
Ahhhhhh!...My squiddly spooch!

~Invader Zim
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 05:59 PM CST
Was sooo excited of this news.. so I went to create my first Paladin but ohno, there isn't an option to create one yet! <heavy sigh>
Oh what a mighty carrot that posting was, in front of this donkey & cart!
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 06:02 PM CST
oops, and then I read the updated posting in this thread..
<<(For the sake of clarity, Paladins are NOT currently released. However, we are making the slots available now so that they will be ready when Paladins go live.)
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 08:58 PM CST
>oops, and then I read the updated posting in this thread..
><<(For the sake of clarity, Paladins are NOT currently released. However, we are making the slots available now so that they will be ready when Paladins go live.)

I believe that is the original post. I know I saw it the first time I viewed the post shortly after it was posted.

Seablade and Seableade
The Ashrim
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 11:33 PM CST
Replydelete Delete
Say you have an account with 2 slots on it.
Do you now get charged for 1 slot, or do you still get charged for 2, and now have a third slot?

If it's the second case, can you delete the extra slot to get an already existing extra slot for free?
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 11:45 PM CST
You still pay for whatever you are paying for.

But now you have 1 additional character slot. So if you had basic with 1 extra slot. You would pay for basic with 1 extra slot, but have basic with 2 extra slots.

So in other words, no, You don't pay for the extra slot they are giving us. And it is added onto how everymay slots you currently have. Its a free extra*/*additional character slot

~Jeff
~Aim: Hakwea
"Honestly folks this game has become a "Look what item I have because mine has an extra verb, or spits out an extra line of ASCII, I must be better than you" world. The focus on the gameplay got lost somewhere" -Alarm
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/16/2004 11:56 PM CST
Wow, it's so much clearer when you put it in bold like that. I don't know what I was thinking.
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/17/2004 12:56 AM CST
<< I don't know what I was thinking. >>

And I am sure you'll say the same thing in a few months when they take the extra slot away.

Lucos

If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your face.
Re: RSN: TRY A PALADIN FOR FREE 11/17/2004 03:45 AM CST
Lucos...yer funny. I am laughing now. Thanks. Needed that.

Augie, Official Tart Girl of Elanthia

Support Your Local Writers! Or become one yourself!
The Elanthian Journal Is Back In Print!
http://www.play.net/gs4/journal_submission.asp

One stop shopping for info: http://www.gs4.org