RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 04:49 PM CST
Super hero, GM Coase, also brings you the following fancy maneuvers!

Combat Mobility
Mnemonic: mobility
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: Base 5. If currently in Roundtime (RT), an additional penalty of 1 stamina point per second of RT remaining is applied. The stamina cost for this skill is capped at 25.
Other Requirements: Being attacked while in a non-standing position.
Available to: Warriors, Rogues.
Prerequisites: None
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 5
Rank 2: (Squares) 10
Description: The Combat Mobility maneuver works automatically when you are attacked. If you are not in a standing position, you will automatically attempt to stand up before your opponent can attack you. Combat Mobility will not activate if you are stunned, webbed, bound, or otherwise immobilized. However, it will activate if you are free of these hindrances, even if you are in Roundtime. Once activated, you will be charged the stamina cost and you will attempt to stand up. At Rank 1, Combat Mobility has a 50% chance of activating. At Rank 2, it has a 100% chance.

Combat Toughness
Mnemonic: toughness
Stamina Cost: 40
Other Requirements: None.
Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Monks, Paladins.
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 4 (Semis) 6
Rank 2: (Squares) 6 (Semis) 9
Rank 3: (Squares) 8 (Semis) 12
Description: Increases your maximum health level (with a corresponding increase in current health) by 5 HP plus 10 HP per rank for 3 minutes (refreshable).

Surge of Strength
Mnemonic: surge
Stamina Cost: 30
Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Paladins.
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 2 (Semis) 3
Rank 2: (Squares) 4 (Semis) 6
Rank 3: (Squares) 6 (Semis) 9
Rank 4: (Squares) 8 (Semis) 12
Rank 5: (Squares) 10 (Semis) 15
Description: Increases your Strength Bonus by a base amount of 5 points, plus an additional 3 points per rank, for 90 seconds (refreshable).

Truehand
Mnemonic: truehand
Hostile: Yes
Stamina Cost: The base stamina cost is 12. Stamina costs are based upon Base Weapon Speed. For weapons with a base speed of 5 or less, a stamina penalty of +2 per second of base speed is applied. For weapons with a base speed greater than 5, an escalating penalty of an additional +1 stamina per second over 5 seconds is applied. This additional +1 stamina penalty is applied on top of whatever the previous second's stamina penalty is. For two weapon combat, an effective Base Weapon Speed is calculated by taking the primary weapon's base speed, adding half the secondary weapon's base speed (rounded up), and adding 1 to the result. Weapon weight bonuses/penalties are calculated by comparing the weapon's actual weight to the base weight for that weapon. A bonus of -1 to the stamina cost is applied for each pound that the weapon weighs less than its base weight, and a penalty of +1 stamina is applied for each pound that the weapon weighs more than its base weight. The minimum stamina cost is 12.
Other Requirements: Cannot be used from hiding.
Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Paladins.
CMP Cost:
Description: Increases the chance to hit your target for one swing. At Rank 1, Truehand changes the standard attack d100 roll to 20 + d80 and reduces the target's chances of evading, parrying, and/or blocking your attack by 10%. Each additional rank adds 10 to your combat roll (d80, d70, d60, d50, d40) and reduces your opponent's evasion, parry, and blocking ability by a further 10%.

Bull Rush
Mnemonic: bullrush
Stamina Cost: Base 15 (-5 Rank 1, -5 Rank 2, -3 Rank 3).
Available to: Warriors, Paladins.
CMP Cost:
Description: Attempt to rush your opponent and knock them to the ground. On slight successes, your opponent will be knocked off balance (a Roundtime penalty). On more substantial successes, your opponent will be knocked down with Roundtime and may suffer HP damage.

Staggering Blow
Mnemonic: sblow
Stamina Cost: 25
Other Requirements: Cannot be used with small weapons or closed fist attacks. Cannot be used with two weapon combat.
Available to: Warriors.
Prerequisites: Mighty Blow (at rank 2)
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 2
Rank 2: (Squares) 4
Rank 3: (Squares) 6
Rank 4: (Squares) 8
Rank 5: (Squares) 10
Description: Swing at your opponent and attempt to knock them off balance. Your opponent suffers Roundtime based on the degree of damage done by your blow. Your opponent may be knocked into adjacent room if you are strong enough (Strength Bonus of 15 or greater).

Dust Shroud
Mnemonic: shroud
Stamina Cost: 20.
Available to: Rogues.
Prerequisites: Dirtkick (at rank 3)
CMP Cost:
Rank 2: (Squares) 3
Rank 3: (Squares) 4
Rank 4: (Squares) 5
Rank 5: (Squares) 6
Description: Kick up some dust to distract your opponents while you attempt to slip into hiding. You will have greater chances of successfully hiding undetected when using this maneuver.

Cutthroat
Mnemonic: cutthroat
Stamina Cost: Base 20 (-5 Rank 1, -2 Rank 2).
Other Requirements: A suitable weapon to cut someone's throat with.
Training in Ambush is recommended.
Available to: Rogues.
CMP Cost:
Rank 2: (Squares) 4
Rank 3: (Squares) 6
Rank 4: (Squares) 8
Rank 5: (Squares) 10
Description: Spring from hiding and attempt to slit your target's throat. If fully successful, the target takes significant neck damage and is silenced until they die or the associated neck wound is healed.

Parry Mastery
Mnemonic: pmastery
Stamina Cost: None.
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 4
Rank 2: (Squares) 8
Rank 3: (Squares) 12
Description: Increases your chances of successfully parrying an attack with your weapon by 5% per rank.

Block Mastery
Mnemonic: bmastery
Stamina Cost: None.
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 4
Rank 2: (Squares) 8
Rank 3: (Squares) 12
Description: Increases your chances of successfully blocking an attack with your shield by 5% per rank.
Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:00 PM CST
am i the only one that already thinks this sucks? 5 minutes after the release, and I can't try a single one of the new skills because i have to go through a 3 hour migration period for a single combat maneuver point.......and I couldn't unlearn wspec3 if I wanted to anyway, seeing as somehow i mystically learned weapon bonding, even though it's not listed anywhere in my cman info.

Neb

Nessu's Magic Shoppe
Icemule Trace
Hope Alley
Small Stucco Shop
http://www.playershops.com/nessu

Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:03 PM CST
oh, and i really really like how you implemented the new migration right BEFORE you put in new skills for us to learn, good job

Neb

Nessu's Magic Shoppe
Icemule Trace
Hope Alley
Small Stucco Shop

Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:07 PM CST
The new manuvers are nice. Some I think will get used less than others but altogether well thought out. I've only one complaint and that's with parry master. Make this warrior/rogue. There are enough two weapon rogues to justify allowing them a little bit better parry.

Kithus Norrak Faendryl and his dragon

Man is the only animal in whom the law of self-preservation is enacted after he has willingly subjected himself to the machinations of his desctruction.
~Anton LaVey
Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:07 PM CST
OH, and another good note, I went to unlearn wspec1, and decided after seeing that i need to wait until may before I see any points for it that I should probably take that back and at least use a skill while I migrate another skill down first...can't do that of course, once I put a skill to be unlearned, my points are in the migrator, gone for good, or until coase decides to give them back......how about you guys take a look at what you're doing before you impliment something and make it right.

Neb

Nessu's Magic Shoppe
Icemule Trace
Hope Alley
Small Stucco Shop

Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:15 PM CST
>The new manuvers are nice. Some I think will get used less than others but altogether well thought out. I've only one complaint and that's with parry master. Make this warrior/rogue. There are enough two weapon rogues to justify allowing them a little bit better parry.

Not going to happen as much as I'd like it to. I take it you missed the beating of this horse into the ground in the CMAN folder?

Tep
Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:38 PM CST
Wasn't there an announcement that the migrator would start with CMAN on November 15th? There were lots of people saying they were just unlearning everything in anticipation of having the slow unlearning start.

Haha! Filthy human organs!
{Smack}
Ahhhhhh!...My squiddly spooch!

~Invader Zim
Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:42 PM CST
<<Wasn't there an announcement that the migrator would start with CMAN on November 15th? There were lots of people saying they were just unlearning everything in anticipation of having the slow unlearning start.

Wait, you mean you actually believed that news item? Even if I had believed that it would be implimented on time...of course the one that screws me is the one implimented on time... that news was 2 months ago, my memory aint that good, and I don't log on and read every news item over and over again before playing a game.

Neb

Nessu's Magic Shoppe
Icemule Trace
Hope Alley
Small Stucco Shop

Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:45 PM CST
If you wanted to be safe, you could have done it. Especially if you don't think much of their timeframes. Just assume negative things will always be implimented on time, positive things always late if you'd like to be sae.

{Smack}

~Invader Zim
Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:47 PM CST
And of course, if you never saw the announcement it's all moot. Not much you could have done, but live with it.

{Smack}

~Invader Zim
Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:50 PM CST
>>Not going to happen as much as I'd like it to. I take it you missed the beating of this horse into the ground in the CMAN folder?

Tep<<

There's a cman folder? Where? (says the sorcerer who happens to play a rogue for fun in his spare time).

Kithus Norrak Faendryl and his dragon

Man is the only animal in whom the law of self-preservation is enacted after he has willingly subjected himself to the machinations of his desctruction.
~Anton LaVey
Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 05:59 PM CST
There's a cman folder? Where? (says the sorcerer who happens to play a rogue for fun in his spare time).

Hunting and Game Design. Towards the bottom.

Tep
Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/15/2004 11:34 PM CST
First off, great job with the maneuvers Coase they really look amazing... However, 99% of us can't even try them out for 80 hours of in game migrating. The 30 day migration period for unlearning NEW maneuvers is needed of course, but why make us wait 80 hours to unlearn ONE old maneuver? How are we going to possibly test out these new maneuvers if it takes us 80 hours to unlearn an old maneuver to gain enough points to learn a new one? It makes MUCH more sense to allow a 30 day period for unlearning all the maneuvers so we can thoroughly test and decide which we want to keep. For people who barely play, 80 hours is probably the entire 30 day instant migration period. They are going to be unlearning old maneuvers for so long they are going to miss out on the testing of the new ones. All of my friends agree that this needs to be fixed immediately.

Thanks,
Tsin
Re: RSN: New CML Maneuvers 11/16/2004 07:39 AM CST
Two questions:
1) Surge of Strength, "Description: Increases your Strength Bonus by a base amount of 5 points, plus an additional 3 points per rank, for 90 seconds (refreshable)."
Q: With five (5) ranks of the skill, does this mean that the STRength bonus applied ranges from eight (+8) at rank1 to twenty (+20) at rank5? (5+3, 5+3+3, et cetera)

2) Staggering Blow, "Other Requirements: Cannot be used with small weapons or closed fist attacks. Cannot be used with two weapon combat."
Q: Does this last sentence mean that you can activate it while you have a weapon in each hand, but you will only get one (1) attempt at it (from the right-hand weapon)?