RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/07/2004 09:14 PM CST
The robed guard moves to stop you and says, "You may not pass until you have cleansed yourself of worldly pollutions."

Thanks to GM Tilmont, those who seek Voln's path to enlightenment may now do so in Ta'Vaalor.

Ta'Vaalor's Voln Monastery can be found outside Amaranth Gate.

Information on the Order of Voln can be found at: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/societies/voln.asp

Discussion of this topic will take place in the Organizations and Societies - Voln General Discussion folder.
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/10/2004 12:20 PM CST
The robed guard moves to stop you and says, "You may not pass until you have cleansed yourself of worldly pollutions."

>go bri

The robed guard moves to stop you and says, "Look pal, you really don't want to go in there. I can tell you are a warrior. Trying to get advance through voln here is impossible for you unless you are on a 10 year plan or have a cleric MA. Trying to get powerhunters in the higher level areas to stop and give you a bless that lasts a few swings will make you blue in the face. Head to the grate, join COL, and don't look back."

I created my "Ultimate War-Brawler" character that I was intending to use a variety of fun cmans (tackles, headbutts, haymakers, etc) and also to use voln fu. So I had him run ales til 5 the past two days and then join voln in Tavaalor.

I ran around town 100 times and couldnt find the equivalent of the "old warrior" NPC. Luckily someone was outside voln and could invite.

So I joined, got a weapon blessed and headed out to the graveyard. A short while later after it had run out, I tried for about an hour to get another bless. I couldn't even find a flower girl.

I see the late night/early morning will probably be fruitless in this pursuit.

So, is it time to finally to sell permablessed steel weapons off the shelf? I mean, its been ten years since I last tried to put a melee char through voln. The last time it was much easier since the population was centered in Wehnimers and there were always umpteen clerics in TSC or at the north gate.
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/10/2004 01:01 PM CST
Hmmm...I didn't make the NPC inviter as I thought the people before me had. I'm sure it'll get added to my list shortly.

As for the getting a bless, the first step you achieve (not including recognition as you don't really earn it) will still allow you to bless your own weapon (albeit, non-magical only).

I'll check with my seniors and see if anything can be done to rectify that, but I make absolutely no promises.

~ Tilmont.
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/10/2004 01:26 PM CST
>As for the getting a bless, the first step you achieve (not including recognition as you don't really earn it) will still allow you to bless your own weapon (albeit, non-magical only).

I'm using a jackblade (the weapon my character spawned with). I'm not sure at lvl 5 that I can get enough swings from using that symbol to kill enough creatures to get enough favor to use the symbol again. :)
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/10/2004 01:57 PM CST
The cleric shop does sell crystal's that have the spell bless in them. How well they work, I don't know, but they at least have them in there.

Or you could alternatively buy 4-5 weapons, head to illistim. And get them all blessed by a high level cleric and head back. They will last you a while that way, and just rinse and repeat once all weapons wear out.

~Jeff
~Aim: Hakwea
"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him." --Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine, AFC 54
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/10/2004 03:36 PM CST
<<Or you could alternatively buy 4-5 weapons, head to illistim. And get them all blessed by a high level cleric and head back. They will last you a while that way, and just rinse and repeat once all weapons wear out.

This is when Voln solidarity kicks in to help you out.

That said, I remember at least up to the point when I was hunting tomb wights and what not, I kept about two or three non-magical weapons on me which I rotated through and even blessed myself on occassion.<coughs> I didn't maxamize my favor back then. :)

Feel free to ask a Master to bless your weapon, while this might start a debate, I think every Master should be ready to help in such a case.

Rail
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/10/2004 03:46 PM CST
I think Tsoran is in Vaalor at the moment. IM me if you need a bless. I'll bless a few weapons for you, and you'll be set for a while.

--Tsoran
Koldeen's shop (Cool Stuff!) http://www.playershops.com/Koldeen
Erindril's shop (Enchanted gear) http://www.playershops.com/Erindril
http://www.tsoran.com/
tsoran@tsoran.com
AIM: GSTsoran
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/10/2004 04:25 PM CST
>Or you could alternatively buy 4-5 weapons, head to illistim. And get them all blessed by a high level cleric and head back. They will last you a while that way, and just rinse and repeat once all weapons wear out.

Oh no, the ta'vaalor ferry! I'll die of old age trying to keep my weapons blessed.
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/10/2004 05:18 PM CST
>Oh no, the ta'vaalor ferry! I'll die of old age trying to keep my weapons blessed.

Think thats bad? Heh tried to get to the rest lately? I pity those voln people down there.

Seablade and Seablaede
The Ashrim
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/10/2004 05:58 PM CST
<<Think thats bad? Heh tried to get to the rest lately? I pity those voln people down there.

Voln in the Rest is expected to open up eventually, for some reason I want to say and have all the steps and what not available...but for right now, I'm feeling doubtful of my memory.

Rail
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/12/2004 06:20 AM CST
Yes, Rail, it's supposed to have all the steps, too. Eventually. And no, I don't know why Vaalor's Voln took priority over the River's Rest one. There were also plans, at one point, to build an Ice Mule Voln with steps and everything, too. Haven't heard about that one in about six months.

Meg
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/12/2004 01:34 PM CST
Though, unless they were planning on closing the monastery in the Landing, I don't really see the necessary need for one in Cold Donkey. A quick script takes one from the South gate to the Courtyard in maybe a minute or so? The only danger now being little ones crossing through the ice caves/glacier area, really.

I suppose the real delay with the Rest monastery is that they're simply waiting for Railien to come home to do so.<coughs> ;)

Rail
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/12/2004 04:51 PM CST
I would hope that if a monastery is built in the Rest that the huuuuuuuge undead gap between 18-34 would be addressed.

Of course, I don't even want to see a full monastery there, but...

T.

Akiromora says, "Someone should have come dressed up as Knaydl. Of course, we'd have to wait four hours for that person to arrive."
From behind a fine monir tavern wench statue, Mahir's voice exclaims, "I'm Meirit, I eat socks!"
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/12/2004 06:16 PM CST
<<Of course, I don't even want to see a full monastery there, but...

Don't worry, ASAP there's going to be a Voln Master hanging around ready to warp and twist every Voln going local who's around. :)

Rail
Re: RSN: The Path to Enlightenment awaits in Ta'Vaalor 11/23/2004 11:53 AM CST
>I'll check with my seniors and see if anything can be done to rectify that, but I make absolutely no promises.
>~ Tilmont.

Icemule had a good system in place. A low level regular mob drops blessed weapons (silverbacks, silver falchions).

I think in gs4 silverbacks are tougher, but I think the same principle could work well in Ta'Vaalor, especially since the voln there has the steps.