Race-specific spell preps 05/06/2008 01:24 AM CDT
Just had a wacky idea. What if every race had specific spell preps for each spell circle?

Why, we could even have a prizeless contest amongst ourselves to write each and every single prep phrase.

I'm growing excessively tired of the same old same old messaging.

Half-Krolvin can bark out arcane language. Sylvans can touch the ground and get all in touch with their nature sides. Dark Elves can made a rude gesture and sneer. The list would have to be long--accounting for every possible combination of race and profession--but I have faith that the playerbase could do it.

After implementation, everyone would still have the choice between the "old" standard prep phrases or the "new" race-specific ones, just like how the current spell prep system functions. It's a choice.

Personally, I think it'd be neat.

-Sea Wizard
Re: Race-specific spell preps 05/06/2008 07:11 AM CDT
I think this would be a neat thing to add to the game. A few years ago, maybe it was just a couple, there was a raffle-type thing that did this for a few winners. I can't recall the specifics, but it did involve Toy getting "liquid syllables." It makes me giggle. I don't know if it was completely custom to the winner, or if it was pre-defined.

>lick my toast
You lick your buttered wheat toast. It is thick and satisfying.
Re: Race-specific spell preps 05/06/2008 12:36 PM CDT
Awesome idea, Rimalon. I'd love to see something like that.

<<A few years ago, maybe it was just a couple, there was a raffle-type thing that did this for a few winners. I can't recall the specifics, but it did involve Toy getting "liquid syllables." It makes me giggle. I don't know if it was completely custom to the winner, or if it was pre-defined.>>

That happened on the Wavedancer. Each run, two people from each profession who won the raffle were able to learn a pre-defined prep phrase unique to that profession. The one Toy got was for the empath profession.

Gretchen

Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Race-specific spell preps 05/06/2008 12:40 PM CDT
To the Wordsmith Meeting, Batman!

-Sea Wizard
Re: Race-specific spell preps 05/06/2008 12:50 PM CDT
Race you there!

Gretchen

Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia