Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/09/2007 11:05 PM CDT
Given the recent truce with the kobolds, I'm curious to find out how long it will be before we can effect a permanent inter-breeding plan with the kobolds. It would amuse me to no end to see a quarter krol, quarter giant, half kobold. Okay, maybe i'd just settle for playing a kobold.
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/09/2007 11:19 PM CDT
First Dibs on a Kobold Sorcerer.

Herod's imaginary player...

>Resistance to Lightning 174

>You have a near invulnerability to lightning based attacks. You can wear a copper helmet and stand in a vat of water on the top of a church steeple during a storm, shouting "ALL GODS ARE BASTARDS!" with impunity.>
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/09/2007 11:45 PM CDT
Kobolds are just ugly halflings that failed home ec.

This post has been spell checked by a dyslexic. A dyslexic that plays a text based game.
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/10/2007 08:19 AM CDT
I would love to see kobolds as a playable race.

-Yipsy's player
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/10/2007 09:12 AM CDT
As amusing as it sounds, I'd hate to see kobolds as a permanent PC race. They aren't intelligent or civilized enough to fit properly into the rest of Elanthian adventurer society; it would be way to jarring to suddenly have them there, just because.

~ Lumi

And.. an empath has the chance to boneshatter someone. That's pretty violent.

Accidents happen to pacifists too, you know.
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/10/2007 10:58 AM CDT
There has been a truce with the kobolds?

~Ayamei/Amy
* Keeper of Arshwikk's soul
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/10/2007 11:20 AM CDT
A group of Kobolds came to town a few nights and appealed to the Mayor.

Apparently the Kobold Chieftan's son is getting married, so the kobolds wanted to end the fighting for the wedding. We don't kill them, they don't kill us.

The Mayor agreed.

So the kobolds were waiting...for the bride and someone's mother and I got bored and left.

I don't know if the wedding occured yet, but there is a wagon with a big old bow outside of the boat in the Kobold Village. It's closed.

There have not been any kobolds in the village or the forest since the truce, though they are still in Solhaven and I imagine Ta'Vaalor.

~Becca
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/10/2007 11:44 AM CDT
Could actually be an rp-way to explain the absence of kobolds for a time while they are updated mechanically in some way.

Check out the Lore Benefits Summation Chart at... http://carabele.com/odds/LoreBenefits.htm
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/10/2007 12:24 PM CDT
>There has been a truce with the kobolds?

No truce needed. Check out Shadowclan, one of the best group of roleplayers in the wasteland of graphic MMORPGs.

http://www.shadowclan.com/ - main site
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/10/2007 05:54 PM CDT
<<Could actually be an rp-way to explain the absence of kobolds for a time while they are updated mechanically in some way.

Doubtful. I think that kobolds were one of the earlier BCS conversions, and they have many more emotes and interactions than just about any other critter out there. I can't imagine why they would need to be updated further beyond that, and especially not in a way that would require pulling them from the game. It's just a roleplaying thing.

-Grendeg
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/10/2007 05:59 PM CDT
And, they didn't pull all of them from the game. They still run around in three other towns.

~Becca
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/12/2007 06:17 AM CDT
>>I think that kobolds were one of the earlier BCS conversions, and they have many more emotes and interactions than just about any other critter out there.

Nope, they weren't one of the early BCS conversions. They were converted this year amazingly.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=4&topic=54&message=2243

The link probaly won't work, but I have another source that I saw it at when browsing for something completly unrelated.

-player of hakwea

"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him" ~Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
The demonologists Handbook: http://www.geocities.com/gsdemonologist/
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/12/2007 06:24 AM CDT
<<Nope, they weren't one of the early BCS conversions. They were converted this year amazingly.

That astonishes me, actually. They must have gone through a massive upgrade without being converted to BCS, which seems odd. I would swear they've gotten a lot more interactive in the time since Aephir.

-Grendeg
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/12/2007 12:20 PM CDT
Kobolds became very interactive at least 5 years ago. Unless you are speaking of another upgrade? I've been gone from the game almost 5 years, and did not notice a major difference with the kobolds on my hunts.
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/12/2007 12:22 PM CDT
People might be confusing goblins and kobolds. I know goblins became a lot more interactive, so that might be the confusion.

-player of hakwea

"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him" ~Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
The demonologists Handbook: http://www.geocities.com/gsdemonologist/
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/12/2007 06:40 PM CDT
<<Kobolds became very interactive at least 5 years ago. Unless you are speaking of another upgrade? I've been gone from the game almost 5 years, and did not notice a major difference with the kobolds on my hunts.

Nah, they've been this way for at least five years. But Aephir is gone far longer than that. Goblins have been more interactive that whole time too, as Hakwea suggested.

-Grendeg
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/13/2007 02:53 AM CDT
You know this whole thing can be simply shored up by the fact that, you know Kobolds have fealing to. Ever thought about that?

Herod's imaginary player...

>Resistance to Lightning 174

>You have a near invulnerability to lightning based attacks. You can wear a copper helmet and stand in a vat of water on the top of a church steeple during a storm, shouting "ALL GODS ARE BASTARDS!" with impunity.>
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/16/2007 03:13 AM CDT
Kobolds were one of the earliest creatures to get an overhaul after I started playing. (I didn't realize they weren't BCS either, but I guess their overhaul probably pre-dates the BCS.) Goblins came a while after the kobolds, but they were also a long time ago now. And yeah, their being gone from the Village is just for the mini-storyline.

Zyllah
Re: Landing Inter-racial marriages. 10/28/2007 08:36 AM CDT
>They aren't intelligent or civilized enough to fit properly into the rest of Elanthian adventurer society; it would be way to jarring to suddenly have them there, just because.

Neither are any race other than giantkin and Dhe'nar, but you don't see me going on killing sprees.

Not that I DON'T, of course...just that you don't see me.

CH

"Most animals are better people than most people I know."

>Speaking deeply to a depressed floor stone, you say "Awww...c'mon. It can't be THAT bad."

Semper ubi sub ubi.