Verb race specific? 08/27/2006 09:24 PM CDT
Probably just missing it but does anyone know the special verbs for each race?

Is it not safer to cower in the caves of lies than to stand on the cliffs of truth? When one stands in the sunlight, and feels the winds of reality, how shameful seem the dark shelters of falsehood, how foolish to have once feared daylight and fresh air.
Re: Verb race specific? 08/27/2006 10:10 PM CDT
I think Dark Elves have a special STEEPLE, Dwarves have a GRUNT (maybe? They have something that involves a greedy gleam in their eye), and Aelotoi have a SHRUG that shows their wings.

I know there are others, but I play humans almost exclusively, so that's all I got!

~ Lumi

And.. an empath has the chance to boneshatter someone. That's pretty violent.

Accidents happen to pacifists too, you know.
Re: Verb race specific? 08/27/2006 10:40 PM CDT
Half-elves have a bunch of FIDGETs, and SWEAR THORN. Maybe one more that I'm forgetting. If you have the QVS you can search them by race.

-Yipsy's player
Re: Verb race specific? 08/27/2006 10:52 PM CDT
>If you have the QVS you can search them by race.

Actually I don't think we ever got that working. If so I forget how it works! Either way, it's probably easier (if you're already reading on the boards for it anyway) to go to the main verb site (which the QVS is based on):

http://www.sylvanfair.com/library/Table/search_verbs.htm

That's the search-o-verbic page. If you just click the "conditions" tab, it'll sort the list by that, and you can scroll about halfway down to see all the race-specific verbs.

- Greminty, will probably re-build (update) the QVS sometime soon

Visual Foraging - http://gemstone.kthanks.com/forage.php
Re: Verb race specific? 08/27/2006 11:57 PM CDT
I could be wrong, since I don't play all the races, but the ones I know for sure are:

Humans: BOW
Sylvan: OBSERVE
Dark Elf: STEEPLE
Giantkin: POUND
Half-Elf: FIDGET
Erithian: BOW (different than humans)

Not so sure about these:

Half-Krol: BARK/They also have a verb that lets them get their hackles up, so to speak. Can't for the life of me remember it.
Burghal Gnomes: TINKER?
Aelotoi: SHRUG?
Forest Gnomes: Does anyone even play these? Joking. I don't know their verb. Could be Tinker too.
Elves: Not a clue.

I think that's the lot of them. If anyone can confirm the rest, that'd work too.

-Kernn's Player
Re: Verb race specific? 08/28/2006 12:03 AM CDT
So, uh... I forgot Halflings. And Dwarves. But they're small, so it's ok.

Halflings: IMPOSE

I also figured a few more out =P.

Elves: DISDAIN
Half-Krol: BARK/BRISTLE/ROAR
Dwarves: GRUNT/BELCH
Aelotoi: PREEN/FLUTTER/FLAP
Erithian: BOW(Different than humans)/STRETCH

Ok, NOW I think that's the lot of them.

-Kernn's Player
Re: Verb race specific? 08/28/2006 04:38 PM CDT
Krol also have Bristle

Nyrithorn says in elven, "She's speaking psycho speak. One of our brothers killed our mother for speaking it."
www.gemstone.game-host.org/towncorpse
www.gemstone.game-host.org/festivalofcontemplation
www.gemstone.game-host.org/foa
Re: Verb race specific? 08/30/2006 06:53 PM CDT
<<Forest Gnomes: Does anyone even play these? Joking. I don't know their verb. Could be Tinker too.

You'd be suprised at the number of fellow forest gnomes I've met along the way.. believe it or not, we do exist - you just have to look someplace other than the big cities.

Forest gnomes and burghal gnomes don't get seperate race specific verbs if I'm not mistaken, which is kinduv a bummer but either way gnomes can IMITATE nearly anything to a T.

Dwarves can also BELCH in quite a few ways.