Death and race 11/07/2016 11:20 AM CST
...departing in 16 mins...

I don't know why this was made dependent on race, but I REALLY wish this was standardized across all races to 10 minutes OR the penalty for DEPARTing after the first ten minutes were removed. Being forced to wait to decay (which happens 9 times out of ten if you're not hunting around the Landing or in a group) already prevents you from doing almost anything to gain exp for 30 minutes while you wait for stats recover. Adding an extra 3-6 minutes, during which NOTHING can be done, just because one happens to play a non-elven race is just cruel... esp if you haven't seen the messaging that someone's attempted to locate you. If no one's gotten to you in the first 10 minutes, it's unlikely they're coming at all.

Those extra 6 minutes are especially obnoxious when you happen to be somewhere that critters riffle through your belongings and steal stuff from your corpse.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Death and race 11/09/2016 10:33 AM CST
You have it easy.

...departing in 32 mins...

Plus a moderate chance of being tricked into using Preservation by a locate with no follow up. Plus a high chance of a character running past and leaving you to rot during those 30-40 minutes. The Rift is an unpleasant place to die.
Re: Death and race 11/09/2016 01:44 PM CST
I don't understand why you have to wait 32 minutes. Or whatever it is.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Death and race 11/09/2016 01:45 PM CST

>I don't understand why you have to wait 32 minutes. Or whatever it is.

double decay timer in The Rift to account for the old dispel mechanics from the pool
Re: Death and race 11/09/2016 02:21 PM CST
Why not just depart real fast to limit the damage. This is the part I don't understand. There is no departing in this Rift?

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Death and race 11/09/2016 03:05 PM CST

>Why not just depart real fast to limit the damage.

Sting is worse
Re: Death and race 11/09/2016 05:12 PM CST
> Sting is worse

When I get that far, I think I'm just going to skip the Rift, then. I'd have never known...

---
Re: Death and race 11/12/2016 04:01 PM CST

Sting is worse when you voluntarily depart ANYWHERE, not just the rift. Its just the double decay timer that's a pain up there. Rescues used to be pretty readily available, but navigating the plane and moving a corpse is very time consuming in the rift. That being said, don't skip it. Its one of my absolute favorite places to hunt. The painting in there is just psychotic and brilliant! Stick to the 5 original planes and avoid the scatter, and Rift hunting isn't too bad at all. The only issue you'll have is those Vvrael if you're a magic user.