I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 11:18 AM CDT
...but am unsure about the process. In rereading the advert it looks like I will need to get a referral from an existing Plat player, am I reading this correctly? I completely understand why, if this is the case.

So, this being how it is~ is there anyone who would be willing to vouch for me and send me a trial membership offer?

Thank you!

~Zenaxa's Player.
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 11:26 AM CDT
You don't have to get a referral, it's just an extra little thing to encourage current Plat players to try to get people to play.

Itzel

Team Plat
Forest Gnome Guru
Elven Nations Guru

Jaired says, "Stop standing in the way of the artistic picture that I am trying to paint through WORDS."
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 11:48 AM CDT
Hmm, I must be missing the HUGE elephant in the room when I go to enter Platinum. I do trip over elephants a lot... I do see where I can upgrade to Plat without utilizing the trial offer, but I didn't see where I could sign up for the free look-see.

Or maybe I'm just jumping the gun and the offer hasn't quite started yet?

Thank you for your fast response!
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 11:54 AM CDT
The offer has started. I'm currently subscribed to Plat so I can't see where to sign up for the trial.

Once you get it taken care of, however, feel free to stop by the Plat boards (the drop-down menu on the top right of the forums should have a listing for Plat) to have a read. If you're able to post, you may want to post a little message in the welcome folder under general discussions so we know you made it and we can look out for you in game. Plat is a bit different from Prime, so you're more than welcome to ask as many questions as you'd like. Just remember people drop stuff when they die so make sure people know where to find you!

Welcome to Plat!

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 12:04 PM CDT
One thing to note: don't expect to jump into plat and all of the sudden ZOMG! RP!

The population just doesn't support that during the off time hours. The best time to get a good appreciation of Plat is during the evening hours, or on the weekend, when there are more people around.

Many folks hang out in the Small Park, but there are others, in other places.

-Taakhooshi, and Me
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 12:25 PM CDT
Thank you. Yeah, I realize Plat's pop is much much smaller. I don't expect ZOMG RP all the time, especially during off hours. I would expect that when I Do see people, though, it will be an enjoyable experience to either witness or be a part of. It won't be someone singing the lyrics to "Time in a Bottle" in the main gathering area. No matter how appropraitely the lyric fit, it definately stung of OOC for those of us old enough to recognize Jim Croce.

I've always tried to be self-sufficient hunting-wise with my characters, so I'm hoping the solo aspect won't be too much a burden. Will have to pay attention to this "droppage" business, however. This will be completely new for me.

I look forward to seeing another side of Gemstone, however slight the differences. I've always been curious.
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 12:42 PM CDT
>>Will have to pay attention to this "droppage" business, however. This will be completely new for me.

Everyone is afraid of droppage, but it can really be mitigated through smart tactics. The most important thing is to always, always, always announce on the net where you'll be hunting. That's the number one thing right there that can help avoid item loss from droppgage or, heaven forbid, decay. I'm not saying it's not still a possibility, but if people know where to find you, you have a really good shot of getting rescued in a timely manner and getting any dropped gear back.

I hope to see you around Plat! If you see Myriamie wandering around, feel free to say hello and/or shoot her a focused thought or whisper if you have any questions.

~~k
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 12:52 PM CDT
And whatever you do -- don't depart! Folks will find you, especially if you announce where you're hunting, ie: "think I will be on Yander's Farm hunting stags" or some such thing.

A global net is a big plus.
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 01:26 PM CDT
OK, I'm feeling like the village idiot. Where do I find the offer itself for the summer trial?

I click through the Platinum links and see:

"We want you to confirm that you are subscribing to GemStone IV Platinum. In addition to the standard monthly subscription price of $14.95, your account will be billed an additional $35. Both subscriptions are billed monthly.

A one-time pro-rated charge of $12.41 will also be applied, for a total charge of $62.36 for your first month only.

This transaction will not process until you complete it by pressing the "CONFIRM SUBSCRIPTION" button (below)."

I didn't confirm because I don't want an issue I would then need to go to Billing to fix...

Is there a "sign-up-for-summer-fun for Dummies" link out there?
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 01:39 PM CDT
I think you need to email Kailkala if the Web site isn't working for the trial. She should be gs4-kaikala@play.net and she should be able to hook you up.

~~k
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 02:57 PM CDT
Yes please send the email to SGM Kaikala (gs4-Kaikala@play.net as mentioned) with the subject Platinum Summer Trial and she will get you taken care of. Thank you for trying out the instance, I look forward to seeing you about! I'll have the PTB look into the webpage pronto!

~Naionna

Not really an embassy, per se, but more like a "oh fine, let them sort it out, let's go have a doughnut" sort of deal. - Xynwen, on CHE annexes
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 03:02 PM CDT
Definitely e-mail Kaikala. Sorry you're having problems setting up the trial! I'm sure it will be cleared up quickly so you can join us.

I personally cannot wait to see one of your girls in platinum! Be sure to post in the welcome area when you get started, so we can all send appropriately warm and fuzzy remarks. I'm more than happy to be a hang out partner, hunting partner or help with starter gear, too.

Mandy
AIM: Lady Treeva
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 03:39 PM CDT
I emailed her and got a quick response so it works.
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 06/03/2010 06:52 PM CDT
New people......

~Nebhrail, walking back into the shadows to begin the fun.
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 10/01/2010 10:23 AM CDT
I hope this isn't considered thread necromancy but I was looking at Plat as a wonderfully immersive RP environment and was checking through the FAQs. Now I understand I picked GS up again a bit too late (like one week before the summer long trial ended) but I was curious if the 30-day offer still existed. I tried the link, got a 500 error, and tried the email I found in this thread here (Tuesday night) and have gotten no response so far.

I am hoping to get some time in this weekend, so I'm typing this out before I have to dash off to my classes. If anyone could assist me, I'd be greatly appreciative. :)

~Quiz, the currently undecided what he'd end up playing in Plat >.>

This isn't the elf you're looking for.
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 10/01/2010 10:44 AM CDT
You'd want to e-mail the Plat guru Naionna to get set up with a trial. Her address is GS4-Naionna@play.net.

Welcome to Plat! Once you get your trial, please stop by the Plat boards to introduce yourself!

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 10/01/2010 02:02 PM CDT
Aha, apparently the email given in June is no longer correct, so my bad.

And yes, once I spend like 8 hours trying to decide what to play I'm sure you'll see plenty of me.

I'm debating between an Empath or a Cleric of Voaris or Laethe.

~Quiz, still undecided!

This isn't the elf you're looking for.
Re: I am interested in the Trial... 10/02/2010 08:59 AM CDT
Let us know who you are on the plat boards once you decide! :)

Scott/Taeghan