Yet another debating returner. 02/07/2017 07:40 PM CST
Hello. It's Fethik, the wee lil Voaris cleric.

I've been mucking about again for a few days and I wanted to check in on the ole Platland, ask how things are going and whatnot.

Fethik wouldn't be returning. I don't want to reboot that account at the moment. I'd probably look at another pure though, now that I know 1700 exists (what a godsend).

So uh, what's new?
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/07/2017 08:19 PM CST
Word on the street is we're getting a new guru, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.
A storyline involving a lich and his experimental clones just wrapped up, with a couple of the NPCs still hanging around the adventuring population on occasion. We're also getting a bit of the lich/demons in Vaalor storyline thanks to Mazreth (and Zoelle, and... Kynlee? I think?) <3
The Landing is pretty barren these days, but a decent number of people hang out at the dais and are always willing to chat/RP/provide spells/etc.
The Sweetheart Festival starts on Friday, so there will be some neat shops with good noob/alt gear (Yansio clothing, Adventurewear, etc.) open to peruse. Likely some raffles, too!
We have merchants popping in fairly frequently... repeat visits from Sauli, Moltin, and Devenar off the top of my head, plus Sharlatta and Goblyn recently for specialized unlocks/altering.

There are at least two other old players (from 7-10 years ago) that came back recently. I say drop by and say hello! We can always use more pures (slightly biased on that).

~Issalya

You see High Inquisitor Brinret Ithillote the Executor of Vengeance.
She appears to be of elven descent.
He is very tall and appears to be full grown.
You whisper aloud, "I'm so confused right now."
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/07/2017 08:26 PM CST

As one of the two returnees I have to say that remembering the commands and such isn't too hard. Might take a day or two to do so but once you start using them they come back quick. Has been pretty fun going over my characters and remembering what each was doing and what background I'd been working on for them.

Kimava of Rosengift Bloodline
She is diminutive and appears to be very young.
Just don't step on her and she's happy.
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/07/2017 08:28 PM CST

Hi! I'm one of the ones that returned recently. I play Sensati. So far it's been a learning experience for me, sometimes frustrating but people have been kind and generous. It was actually nearly 12 years ago that I quit playing regularly so for me to come back was really challenging. It's been fun though and it really helped that there are a few people here that I knew then and that other people I've started to get to know better. We have quite a bit of support from the GMs now. Which is quite nice. Give it a shot for a month as see how you like it!
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/07/2017 08:29 PM CST
I came back in April of last year after being gone for about 10 years. Been having a lot of fun.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/07/2017 09:23 PM CST
I've been staring at the character screen as well as tons of wiki stuff flip flopping between sorc and wizard and I can't decide. >.<
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/08/2017 12:08 AM CST
There aren't that many sorcerers on the one hand, but Illistimi wizards are the greatest ever on the other.

So in conclusion, yes, and yay plat people! :)
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/08/2017 06:51 AM CST
I vote elf.

~Issalya

Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/08/2017 10:06 AM CST
As if there was any question of that (because I love elf boys!), but sleeping on it did not help my quandary, eheh.

I think I'm leaning wizardry, if only because I don't know if I could live up to the legend of a certain sorc I remember, regardless of if he still plays anymore.
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/08/2017 12:06 PM CST
Rahsh? He pops in on occasion... or do you mean Caden?

~Issalya

Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/08/2017 12:07 PM CST
I definitely meant Rhash. :3
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/08/2017 02:17 PM CST
More Ensorcellers!
Re: Yet another debating returner. 02/08/2017 09:31 PM CST
Dwarf Sorcerer. All of the spirit that you can shake a stick at.

Glurph

>wtrick tslice
You try to stuff your razern morning star in your ear.