Also thinking lately 05/12/2016 02:49 AM CDT
Hello all!

Lately I have been thinking about plat again. I played a couple years ago (Qualeric and Qadheon were my primary characters), and thus I am wondering about a return. That said, questions are something else I have.

What sort of population are we currently looking at? Is there a lot going on lately, storyline wise? Has anything major changed in the last couple years differently than in prime?

Also, if I can't drop a cursed item because of its curse, how come death manages to separate it from my hand? Does that bother anyone else?

Anyway, thank you for any thoughts you can share, or for the possible future RPs to be had. :)
Re: Also thinking lately 05/12/2016 08:02 AM CDT
What sort of population are we currently looking at?

20-30 typically prime time. 10-20 off hours. < 5 in the wee hours.

Is there a lot going on lately, storyline wise?

What's a storyline?

Has anything major changed in the last couple years differently than in prime?
Also, if I can't drop a cursed item because of its curse, how come death manages to separate it from my hand?

You no longer drop what's in your hands at death but we still have droppage of everything on decay and we get normal death's sting on top of it. Yay us?

We did just get a full weekend to beta test the Duskruin changes with essentially free access to the sewers and arena. Which was pretty cool on Wyrom's part.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246
Re: Also thinking lately 05/12/2016 08:22 AM CDT
Thanks for the details! There was some kind of crazy doom going on last time, though I can't recall specifics. So I was wondering if any interesting event type things lately, distinct from prime.

>>You no longer drop what's in your hands at death but we still have droppage of everything on decay and we get normal death's sting on top of it. Yay us?

Oh, that's neat, so long as you don't decay and all.

Duskruin testing sounds good. Being a lab rat is always fun (though gnomes may produce better results, hmmm). It should also mean there are oodles and oodles of random runestaves laying around, if my experience in prime holds true.
Re: Also thinking lately 05/12/2016 08:37 AM CDT
>So I was wondering if any interesting event type things lately, distinct from prime.
Other than a few unconnected murderous owl rampages (which I swear I have nothing to do with) there's been no GM-run storyline/major events of late. There are at least two player-run ones going on that I know of, though.

>It should also mean there are oodles and oodles of random runestaves laying around, if my experience in prime holds true.
So many we're considering building fireleaf houses with veil iron doors...

~Issalya

(Talrien sashays up behind Brinret, running his hands through the air near his furry body but never touching.)
Farain says, "Oh my, THIS is ENTICING."