Thinking of joining Plat 03/06/2016 08:53 AM CST

Thank you all for your responses; I think I will join - guess I needed someone to say something nice to me first ....
Just a couple more questions, if you don't mind.
1) Never been able to play a bard despite trying several times; but are Empaths / rouges over represented and and or useful?
2) is the economy as out of wack as prime?
3) I've played on and off since the aol days; but still have questions - are OOC whispers tolerated or discouraged?
4) Any other thoughts or tips that may be useful?

I'm going to do some cultural and character research and then you shall see me in game, I believe.
Looking forward to it and thanks for the help.
Thank you all.
Re: Thinking of joining Plat 03/06/2016 10:47 AM CST
To answer a few of your questions as far as classes needed empaths and rouges are always needed we never seem to have enough, we also tend to have quite a few mutant builds in plat, you can always try a build and if it's not working for you try another till you get what you want.

Plat really does not have an economy like prime, we tend to share or give our items away, higher end items usually get traded, most have a minimum of 5x gear or higher (those that don't choose not to), getting things enchanted are relatively easy and inexpensive in plat.

OOC whispers are fine, however do not use acronyms such as OMW or LOL on the amunet or out loud, the only public place that being afk seems to be tolerated is Gardenia Commons, main resting spots for rp these days are the park, Dais, and Icemule's TC.

Wizards and others are more than happy to give spells but don't locate them to get them, they may be hunting just send a thought on the amunet that you are looking for spirit or elemental spells, a bless, armor adjustment etc..

Platinum lnet is rarely used unless you are asking a question, dead and need a rescue though do announce on the amunet where you are going to be hunting so we know where to recover your corpse, DO NOT DECAY, you lose all your items on decay in plat, if you are close to it, log out, post on the plat boards and leave your aim id so someone may contact you to get your corpse.

When you first arrive to plat after doing your sprite quest send out a thought that you have recently arrived, someone will show you around the portals and how to use them, most of us do use Narost to get around, it saves time, we however are very careful about OOC speak on the net or while rping, all of us slip and you may get a whisper from someone or thought letting you know you slipped don't take it as someone bashing, just as a reminder :)

Also someone will take you to the outfitters or contact one of the outfitters to get you gear once they know you are new in plat, this does not apply to just new players, we also give gear to alts especially new alts, once you are in plat for a bit you may not need it due to having plenty stored in lockers. You have access to lockers in every town.

Also check the Service verb most of us that provide services are listed.

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Platinum_Beginner%27s_Guide is a good starting point some of the stuff needs to be updated but most of it is pretty accurate.

Lastly don't feel lost ask on the amunet for help we are all always willing to help

Feel free to contact me directly if you have questions as well, I am also one of the outfitters my AIM is gswintermyst

Lastly welcome to plat and post on the plat boards who you are :)

You also see the Shilarra disk etched with the image of a Vathor
Re: Thinking of joining Plat 03/16/2016 01:04 PM CDT
Just in case anyone is considering taking the plunge and is worried about starting over, I am moving on from GS and have a list of things for sale at reasonable prices.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?101191-Leaving-the-Lands-Sale&p=1842096#post1842096

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Thinking of joining Plat 03/23/2016 09:39 PM CDT

Everyone comes back eventually. :)
Re: Thinking of joining Plat 05/30/2016 08:16 AM CDT
Sorry for no response but did want you all to know I did join Plat about 2 months ago.
I love it. I could not be happier being here vrs premium. though I would like to use all those premium points I saved up and never used.
Been off and on since the AOL days. But have never learned as much as I have in the last 2 months.
You are a great community and I thank you all. I am Dank the struggling Bard.
By the way if there is an Elder Bard around I like to share my Loresing template with you to see what I can improve.
This has been a great experience so far, and I think I will now finally get a character past 50!
Thanks all, Dank

Re: Thinking of joining Plat 05/30/2016 08:26 AM CDT
Hey Dank look up Brinret or Talrien when I'm around and I'll help you out with Loresinging. Glad you're enjoying yourself. As for the premium points thing I thought our points were supposed to get combined but we've been waiting on that for years. Maybe Wyrom can give us an update. Perhaps even another points transfers...

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246