Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/06/2011 04:12 PM CDT
Greetings!

The platinum trials link is up on the play.net website at this time and should be accessible to any that wish to take advantage of the 2 months trial we offer this year as part of the summer promotion for Platinum. If you have any issues, please let me know via email at Naionna@live.com Thanks!

~Naionna
Platinum Guru
Platinum MHO Guru
ALAE Guru
Sylvankind Guru
Greetings!

The platinum trials link is up on the play.net website at this time and should be accessible to any that wish to take advantage of the 2 months trial we offer this year as part of the summer promotion for Platinum. If you have any issues, please let me know via email at Naionna@live.com Thanks!

~Naionna
Platinum Guru
Platinum MHO Guru
ALAE Guru
Sylvankind Guru
Greetings!

~Naionna
Platinum Guru
Platinum MHO Guru
ALAE Guru
Sylvankind Guru

This message was originally posted in GemStone Platinum, Questions about Platinum. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/229/2571/view/64
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/06/2011 04:34 PM CDT
Also, once you get set up with your trial, stop by the Plat boards to introduce yourself!

Welcome to all of the new people!

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/06/2011 04:38 PM CDT
Yay!

-Aulis, likes Platinum
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/06/2011 05:54 PM CDT
So, how does this work? If for example I have characters in plat from 8-1 years ago, can I access them through the trial?

~Galenok
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/06/2011 06:07 PM CDT
Once you get the trial set up, you could probably e-mail Billing to get your previous characters activated.

Gretchen

Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/06/2011 07:17 PM CDT
GALENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! YEAAAHH!
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/06/2011 08:20 PM CDT
So good, she had to say it twice. ;)

Had to,

Dave, Brandain's Bard
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/07/2011 02:26 AM CDT
Don't make fun of her OCD. Now she has to start all over.
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/07/2011 07:31 AM CDT
Let's cut Naionna a break. She was probably up way too late being awesome for us again.

Keith/Brinret

Caden says, "Once more, and I will animate your corpse until you beg for your final death."
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/07/2011 10:48 AM CDT
I foresee maiming, torture and other signs of affection coming to all of you shortly. :D

~Naionna, who is taking names dangit!
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/07/2011 02:51 PM CDT
Pffft. We survived Khaladon with his lethal rabbits and I swear public humiliation scripts. I got tarred and feathered or tossed in the stocks more times than I can remember.

Do your worst (to Eddic).

I dare ya.
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/08/2011 06:18 AM CDT
<<I foresee maiming, torture and other signs of affection coming to all of you shortly. :D

I love you too!

-Aulis
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/08/2011 06:37 AM CDT
<<I foresee maiming, torture and other signs of affection coming to all of you shortly. :D

She is a master at tort...er affection :)

~Shi'larra

Nishima exclaims, "Baa-aa-ah!"
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/08/2011 07:20 AM CDT
Why do I have the song "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess in my head now?

"Summer Trials! And the livin' is easy!"

Hugs,

~Jay

"Seriously, when I see "Uninvited" cartoon hearts flutter around my head."

WARNING This post has exceeded its quotation marks bandwidth!
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/01/2012 12:22 PM CDT
ERROR
ERROR: You must have a non-trial subscription to the prime game to be eligible for this offer.

Is there someone who can fix this for me please? I would like to try Platinum.
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/01/2012 01:47 PM CDT
If we tried plat through the trial before (say years ago), can we do it again?

Speaking softly to Raelee, Kilthal says, "Many things would be different if people listened to ye."

Speaking to Kilthal, Raelee says, "Believe me. I am painfully aware of that."
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/01/2012 02:29 PM CDT
<<If we tried plat through the trial before (say years ago), can we do it again?>>

Yes, you can! I believe if you haven't played Plat in 6 months, you can sign up for a trial again.

Gretchen

Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/01/2012 06:49 PM CDT
>>Is there someone who can fix this for me please? I would like to try Platinum.

Unfortunately, to try Platinum, you must have a normal (non-trial) account. If you are utilizing an account that is in its trial period, you will not be able to sign up for Platinum trials unless you bring your account to a full non-trial status. You can do that by contacting the Billing department. Please browse to https://www.play.net/gs4/cservice/cs_questions.asp?type=billing for details on how to do so.

We hope to see you in GemStone Platinum soon!

-Alyias
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/01/2012 07:20 PM CDT

I used to play Platinum 9 years ago and then went on hiatus. I came back in back and only reactivated my premium account. I'd like to have a trial in plat but the sign up page is asking for a referral. What do I need to do? Thanks in advance.
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/01/2012 07:42 PM CDT

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/GemStone%20IV%20Announcements/Important%20Announcements/view/1399

<<Come play with us for the entire two months at our expense and stay if you like it! We look forward to seeing all of you! - ~Naionna, Platinum Guru>>

To me this indicates there will be no cost to play Platinum for 2 months. Was that in fact a lie and it costs $14.95 per month for your free trial of Platinum? Why should I pay for a prime account when I will be playing Platinum for 2 months? I want to try Platinum, not pay for prime.

This wasn't an issue in the past as I have played Platinum on a trial account. I did not enjoy playing with 8 to 10 people so I did not stay, but I would like to try again and see if the population numbers have improved so it's not such an isolated game.
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/01/2012 11:00 PM CDT
The cost of Platinum itself is free. But in order to get to a Platinum subscription level you must already have a premium subscription. The statement is not a lie as we are in fact not charging you for the cost of the Platinum upgrade. You are in fact accessing Platinum for free, but not Premium. I understand that you don't want to pay for premium to access Platinum but there is no way to do that. You must already be a premium member to have access to Platinum.

~Naionna
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/01/2012 11:01 PM CDT
Send me an email at GS4-NAIONNA@PLAY.NET and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks,

~Naionna
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/02/2012 11:24 AM CDT
The cost of Platinum itself is free. But in order to get to a Platinum subscription level you must already have a premium subscription. The statement is not a lie as we are in fact not charging you for the cost of the Platinum upgrade. You are in fact accessing Platinum for free, but not Premium. I understand that you don't want to pay for premium to access Platinum but there is no way to do that. You must already be a premium member to have access to Platinum.
~Naionna

Naionna, I believe this statement might be inaccurate. When I signed up for my platinum trial only a standard account was required, not a premium. Is this no longer the case? There is a large difference for returning players between pay 14.95 a month and try platinum for "free" and pay 39.95 (or whatever it is) a month and try platinum for "free" so to speak. Then again since platinum comes with premium I guess all the smart people who don't want to play platinum at all but have a standard account could enjoy two months of premium free if they wanted to game the system...

Keith/Brinret

Five Jewish men who influenced the history of Wester Civilization:
Moses said the law is everything.
Jesus said love is everything.
Marx said capital is everything.
Freud said sex is everything.
Einstein said everything is relative.
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/02/2012 12:15 PM CDT

<<The cost of Platinum itself is free. But in order to get to a Platinum subscription level you must already have a premium subscription. The statement is not a lie as we are in fact not charging you for the cost of the Platinum upgrade. You are in fact accessing Platinum for free, but not Premium. I understand that you don't want to pay for premium to access Platinum but there is no way to do that. You must already be a premium member to have access to Platinum. >>

I'm going to assume you misspoke and that a Premium account ($39.95) is not required to access the "free" Platinum trial.

From my understanding each subscription, PRIME/PREMIUM/PLATINUM is a separate toggle on an account.

A trial account can have a Platinum subscription added to it, as I used the "free" Platinum trial last year without an issue. There was no sign-up link like there is this year, and I believe it was manually set up by a GM.

It makes me question your practices if you announce that you're offering a free trial to something, but in fact you have to pay $39.95 as you stated, or $14.95. That's certainly not free.
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/02/2012 12:21 PM CDT

<<Then again since platinum comes with premium I guess all the smart people who don't want to play platinum at all but have a standard account could enjoy two months of premium free if they wanted to game the system...>>

This is not true from my experience.

I was able to access Platinum with a trial account but you do not get a free Premium upgrade in Prime.

They can be separated.
Re: Platinum Trials Link is Up! 07/02/2012 12:39 PM CDT

My apologies, I meant Prime, not Premium. I definitely mispoke and thank you for seeing it and correcting me. I'm sorry if there are any ill feelings behind my announcement of the trials being free, but I consider the upgrade not costing you anything to be a freebie. It was not an intentional mis-statement and I will be happy to rephrase/edit the initial announcement, though I feel its thoroughly been addressed here as to what was meant by the statement. I'm sorry, but the requirements at this time are that you have a paid prime subscription in order to enjoy the trial Platinum subscription.

~Naionna