Bard singing 03/02/2016 08:24 PM CST
I've got a bag of 26 uncut gems I'd like to get sung at, and another bag full of random stuff I have no idea what it is. I knew at one point, but lost my documentation.

Not sure what the rate is for this kind of thing, but I'll gladly pay, can't seem to find anyone in-game when I ask around.

-Appoloin
Re: Bard singing 03/03/2016 08:53 AM CST
For bulk gems, if you are just planning to sell them for more, I generally check the value up front, have my bardess friend sing to them, and then split the added value 50/50 at the end. No idea what other folks do that don't have a 'pocket' bard handy.

Generally speaking, if you have a few items you need identified I've found there are usually a few bards around at some point during the day / evening willing to help out. WHO PROFESSION BARD or SERVICE SHOW might help you track down a willing individual.

There is frequently (but not always) a bard or bardess offering services at White Haven's weekly service night. This, coincidentally, happens to be tonight at 9:30 Elven in White Haven's Grand Courtyard (located in Icemule in case you aren't very familiar with White Haven). While I doubt they would be interested in singing to bags full of gems I'm sure they would be more than happy to identify a few items for you should any be in attendance tonight.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: Bard singing 03/03/2016 06:48 PM CST
Thanks! I was mostly hoping to try and get orbs out of them so I can more easily offer them to clerics for a chrism instead of just draining my bank. I'll see about checking out the service tonight.
Re: Bard singing 03/03/2016 08:00 PM CST
House Aspis and House Sovyn occasionally host a chrism-making event where a bard (me) sings to as many gems as get handed to her for about an hour and a cleric blesses them. We may be hosting one soonish, so that's another option to keep an eye out for long term. Short-term the SERVICE and WHO idea is your best bet :)

/seo, wheels and skulls department/