Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/20/2011 09:56 AM CST
The best news out of Washington last week is that pizza is a vegetable. The Obama administration changed the rules that allow public schools to count pizza as a vegetable when preparing school lunches. Congress overrode the regulatory change, allowing everybody to enjoy pizza guilt free.

As long as there's tomato paste on the pizza, no matter how little, then Congress says it's a vegetable.

It's the only vegetable you can have delivered right to your door in 30 minutes or less.

Source:
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/11/pizza-is-still-officially-a-vegetable.php
Re: Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/20/2011 05:57 PM CST

I love it. Obama touts healthy eating one day then says pizza is a vegetable another. This is why this guy has got to go. I'd even take another democrat at this point.
Re: Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/20/2011 07:40 PM CST
Does this thread deliver?

____
~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Platinum Lackey
Honorary QCer

>>Glitch uncertainly says, "I need pictures for this."
Re: Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/21/2011 04:42 AM CST
Sleken, I read the Kardios link to report that the Obama administration changed the EXISTING rules that allow a scant amount of pizza sauce to be counted as a vegetable to unallow it.

Congress, after intense lobbying from the frozen food industry, blocked that change. I guess both the House and Senate.

That buyout of our legislators is at least one of the things that the OCCUPY people are protesting.

Bairyn
Re: Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/21/2011 07:38 AM CST
Yep, my mistake. That's what I get for reading forum posts late in the day. Good for Obama. Now if he'd just grow a pair on Keystone.
Re: Sideline to Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/21/2011 08:04 AM CST
Surprisingly, I agree on Keystone. The oil in those sands will be used; just not by us.

I think nuclear waste is a tremendous problem too. But our refusal to build reactors didn't stop other countries from going ahead with their nuclear programs.

Bairyn
Re: Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/23/2011 07:58 PM CST

You know the world has changed when it takes an act of Congress to decide what is and what is not a vegetable.

And foo, they can't even get that right.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Toadstool News and reminders at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/zullogoth/
Re: Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/24/2011 09:40 AM CST
What about mac 'n cheese? It is always on the vegetable side of every "meat and 2 veggie" restaurants. I insist to my wife that it is a vegetable. I'm correct, right?!

Caden \ adam
Re: Sideline to Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/26/2011 09:34 AM CST

Well, you know it...

~P
The best part...

My liberal girlfriend has been using Ronald Reagan's 'ketchup is a vegetable' as an attack on me for 2 years.

This has taken that one completely out and made my whole year awesome.

Thank you President Obama for once again ...

Well, you know it...can't use those words..

~Paul
Re: Sideline to Pizza Is a Vegetable 11/26/2011 06:01 PM CST
"Well, you know it...
~P
The best part...
My liberal girlfriend has been using Ronald Reagan's 'ketchup is a vegetable' as an attack on me for 2 years.
This has taken that one completely out and made my whole year awesome.
Thank you President Obama for once again ...
Well, you know it...can't use those words..
~Paul"

Paul,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, Obama wanted to REMOVE pizza as a vegerable and the GOP Congress is blocking the removal of it as such. Congress also looks to protect french fries for the menu stating the goverment should not be controlling what children eat (even though it is taxpayer dollars funding the cafeterias for school lunches).

Looks like you're back in earshot...

(BTW, I'm not an Obama fan, Reg. Dem who voted McCain. But I do have to agree with him on this one, Tomato sauce is no vegetable. In fact, even if it were healthy, (which it isn't) tomatoes are fruits.)

A black-billed nightingale examines you carefully then says, "With all the vicious creatures we've got threatening the city, I would think that a person with your skills could find plenty to do."