Romney Being Sexist or Just Awkward? 10/06/2011 07:10 AM CDT
At a recent event in Florida, Romney asked a man, "Is this your wife? Do you mind if I put my arm around her like that?"

If you watch the Youtube video embedded at the link below, you'll see that it was awkward. Was it sexist?

<< Notice anything missing from that moment? Like, I don't know, Romney asking the wife's permission to put his arm around her?

<< In the scheme of things, this is a tiny moment, one that will no doubt be soon forgotten as the list of Romney's more notable gaffes, flip-flops, awkward moments pretending waitresses are trying to grope him [link omitted], and general [CENSORED] grows. But it is worth noting because it illustrates the kind of last-century mentality in which you don't need a woman's permission to touch her--you need her husband's permission to touch his property. Too bad her father wasn't around so Mitt could get his permission too. >>

Source:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/05/1023068/-Romney:-Is-this-your-wife-Do-you-mind-if-I-put-my-arm-around-her-like%C2%A0that

I say it was sexist, but I can hardly claim to be objective. What do you think?
Re: Romney Being Sexist or Just Awkward? 10/07/2011 11:08 PM CDT
Not sexist at all. He was just showing some good humor.

Josh