Pole suggestion. 06/01/2010 08:48 PM CDT
Making a character who uses poles.

He's a human, so he'll never train off the RT from a lance.

What are the suggestions for poles I can train down to 5 sec? One or two-handedis irrelevant to me.

It's amazing what people will do when they think you can't see them.
Re: Pole suggestion. 06/01/2010 10:41 PM CDT
Halberds are respectable in my experience. Naginatas with their +20 AvD are quite nice. I'd probably make one my primary weapon if my polearmers weren't all faster races.

---
Coalescing out of a flurry of brilliant jade and flaxen lights, Auchand's clothing materializes around him.
Re: Pole suggestion. 06/02/2010 12:13 AM CDT
Once you have the +38 bonus between your dexterity and agility you can swing any of the polearms in five seconds except the lance and awl-pikes. So I'd say find one that fits your character. If you just want to flail away or deal as much damage as you can from mstrikes without worry about the speed you probably want to use a hammer of kai. If you want quicker mstrike times use a naginata. If you want to poke things in the eye use a spear or maybe even a javalin. If you happen to fight undead for certain types you'd probably want to use a jeddart-axe because it doesn't deal any puncture damage.
Of course the above varies by profession as well, some just can't spare the points for MoC. Of course you can always just try them all and find what works for you as well.
Re: Pole suggestion. 06/02/2010 12:16 AM CDT
I think you only need 5 dex/agi for a human (with max dex/agi) to get a lance to 5 seconds. That's not that hard to obtain via enhancives.

Olivier/Chivalrous

---Proud inventor of the causality destroying Droit ballista---
Re: Pole suggestion. 06/02/2010 12:25 AM CDT
>>I think you only need 5 dex/agi for a human (with max dex/agi) to get a lance to 5 seconds. That's not that hard to obtain via enhancives.

With max stats its only an additional +3 bonus that's needed.
Re: Pole suggestion. 06/02/2010 06:25 PM CDT
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Since this is in Shattered, I doubt the enhancives will come quickly - though I am not ultimately discounting it as a possibility.

It's amazing what people will do when they think you can't see them.
Re: Pole suggestion. 06/03/2010 12:50 PM CDT
Keep your eyes open for the random treasure drops of when pole arms get created with +6 stat value. :)
Re: Pole suggestion. 06/05/2010 12:04 PM CDT
My Paladin has a Golvern Jeddart Axe she isn't using any more. She's also human and swings it with a 5 sec rt. Email my playnet account if you're still interested, or see Aquaia in game.

"What we see depends largely on what we're looking for"
Re: Pole suggestion. 06/05/2010 12:59 PM CDT
Hi Aquaia; if you happen to run into Welfidia, tell her Guenn is having some portal problems, but will hope to see her tomorrow night, around 9 Eastern.

We definitely need an interplayer mailbox.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Pole suggestion. 06/06/2010 05:25 AM CDT
Will do.

"What we see depends largely on what we're looking for"