Polearms and DS 01/31/2007 01:45 AM CST
I have been trying to figure out how the DS is calculated for polearms. I'm thinking of switching my training plan to polearm but have been having a hard time to figure if I?ll be loosing or gaining in DS over TWC edged. I know I will be gaining in DF. So any help will be appreciated.

That hurling half-krolvin ~H2K~
Re: Polearms and DS 01/31/2007 10:17 AM CST
Itll be about the same, in many respects. Its just you will be getting a higher DF single shot instead of two lower DF shots.

Depending on the weapon you area using with TWC you may lose the defensive bonus of that weapon(Sai or Main Gauche/Left-Handed Dagger)

Seablade and Seablaede
The Ashrim
Re: Polearms and DS 01/31/2007 10:46 AM CST
>Itll be about the same, in many respects. Its just you will be getting a higher DF single shot instead of two lower DF shots.

>Depending on the weapon you area using with TWC you may lose the defensive bonus of that weapon(Sai or Main Gauche/Left-Handed Dagger)

Nah I had been using 2 hand axes or a handaxe and bola since I also train in thrown. Looks like I might try out the polearm root and see how it is come fixskill.

Re: Polearms and DS 01/31/2007 11:40 AM CST
Your DS will likely increase. THW and polearms receive a bonus to parry DS (whereas I think TWC receives a bonus on chance to parry instead). Two-handed polerarms also have an innate DS bonus which varies with stance.
Re: Polearms and DS 01/31/2007 05:57 PM CST
>Your DS will likely increase. THW and polearms receive a bonus to parry DS (whereas I think TWC receives a bonus on chance to parry instead). Two-handed polerarms also have an innate DS bonus which varies with stance.

Well I know with my TWC training if I don't have a weapon I am trained in my off hand my DS drops a good 50-70 points depending on stance. Since I hurl most of the time I had been using a spear in the offhand and took the DS loss. Or kept the DS and uesed the second axe. But the spear seemed to do more damage the reason I am thinking of the switch. Just trying to make sure I would stay about the same DS wise in Defensive with a polearm instead of the TWC with the two weapons.

Re: Polearms and DS 01/31/2007 06:04 PM CST
Your DS won't increase by much if it does increase. TWC receives a bonus to parry DS just like Polearms does, though whether the amount is the exact same or not I am not sure right off, but I suspect it is pretty dang close.

Seablade and Seablaede
The Ashrim