Did they change Naginatas? 09/02/2006 02:30 AM CDT
Was there some change to these weapons? Last I knew they were base +20, ebladeable up to +40. Or was it minor elemental edged...can't remember. Honestly I haven't been able to get my hands on one, but I thought I read somewhere that this changed while I was on a break from the game. Anyone care to fill me in?
Re: Did they change Naginatas? 09/02/2006 02:43 AM CDT
If you read back in the folder you should see the discussions.

Basically, they are now no longer have a "natural" 4x, they have a +20 AvD mod. They can still be ebladed and blessed and they can be enchanted as well.

There were also changes to bless so that virtually anything that doesn't have flares can be blessed now. Not sure on all the specifics as I never really cared about it before anyway.

To convert an old style naginata to a new one you'll have to put it in the mist at one of the weapon shops. You'll see what I mean if you see one at the shop.

A new naginata that has been enchanted to 5x hits like the equivalent of a 9x halberd. The switch from natural 4x to +20 AvD mod saw to that. So they hit as hard as they used to but anything that took the enchant itself into an equation will factor it as a weaker weapon. If you got a new nagi enchanted to 7x (possible by players now) it would be like having an 11x halberd (which is mechanically impossible).

As far as I know, we can still purchase naginatas in the backroom at Tykell's in the Landing (or whichever one in the town itself).

Icewhite

Have fun, be true to yourself, tell the rest to go to hell.