Pickles? Winterberries? PICKLEBERRY! 03/27/2017 09:16 PM CDT

In a combination that's somewhere between pure genius and blasphemy, the Pickle Festival and Winterberry Festival have come together to form something altogether new!

The Pickleberry Festival is born! Where, you might ask, can a person find such a spectacle? Why, River's Rest, of course!

The shindig will begin on March 31st at 9 PM EST and run clear through April 7th at 9 PM EST.

On April 1st (very aptly), there will be a recipe contest! If you wish to enter the contest, I need submissions no later than 9 PM EST on March 31st. Conditions of entry are as follows: less than ten ingredients (a list of which you will have to provide), a name for your dish, at least one ingredient must be pickled OR wintberries, and two taste messages for the dish. You may or may not (as you like) include cooking instructions. Email your recipes to me at my play.net address (gs4-xayle@play.net).

On April 2nd, there will be a poetry contest! Rules for entry are very simple: subject must be pickles or winterberries. No prior entry needed, any style of poetry accepted. Just show up at the appointed time.

Both contests will be judged and prizes awarded.

Additionally, there will be a few games on the grounds from which you might find silver or gold pickles. Silver pickles can be used as payment for GALD services from any merchant you might find during the festival. Gold pickles can be used to redeem additional prizes from a list to be provided.

Also! There will be shops! Did I mention shops? There will be shops!

So, bring your silvers, your appetites, and your rhyming skills to River's Rest for the festival!

~ X.

"Xayle is my spirit animal." ~ Aiska
Re: Pickles? Winterberries? PICKLEBERRY! (PLAT) 03/29/2017 08:22 PM CDT

Derp, sorry guys!

I forgot to mention this is in Plat.

However, fear not. The Pickle Fest and Winterberry Fest will be happening in Prime, of course, but at later dates and separately.

Sorry for the confusion!

~ X.

"Xayle is my spirit animal." ~ Aiska