Apparently rift crawlers eat their own droppings 02/10/2017 07:06 PM CST
You feel a rumble come from beneath your feet.

The floor begins to shiver slightly, casting thin ripples across the landscape. As the protuberances increase in intensity, an enormous rift crawler launches to the surface from within! The crawler's massive maw lies agape, its glistening obsidian teeth gnashing at everything in their path!

A brief flash of teeth and shadow is all you are able to perceive before you are caught in the path of the crawler's deadly jaws!
... 45 points of damage!
Off-balanced slash!
Enough force to sever your left hand!
Amazing!
You are stunned for 10 rounds!

You catch one last glimpse of your surroundings as darkness closes in on you...
Suddenly, you feel your body getting pushed rapidly through the inner anatomy of the beast until it is finally violently expelled.

[The Rift]
Walls comprised of stacked skulls rise into the starless black sky. The ground below seems to cradle you as you move, and a quick glance downward explains the reason. Skeletal hands make up the floor, reflexively clutching and releasing as the weight they carry shifts. In the center of the room stand three staves of tall femurs, bound together by still-bloody veins.
Obvious exits: east, southwest, northwest
>
A capricious aurora spirit floats in, following you.
>
Though you are stunned and reeling, you become aware of your pounding heart. With each beat, it grows louder and louder, faster and faster, but then it fades again, and you are left as dazed as you were.
>cure
You are still stunned.
>
You feel a rumble come from beneath your feet.
The floor begins to shiver slightly, casting thin ripples across the landscape. As the protuberances increase in intensity, an enormous rift crawler launches to the surface from within! The crawler's massive maw lies agape, its glistening obsidian teeth gnashing at everything in their path!
A brief flash of teeth and shadow is all you are able to perceive before you are caught in the path of the crawler's deadly jaws!
... 25 points of damage!
Quick, powerful slash to your left knee!
You are stunned for 5 rounds!
You catch one last glimpse of your surroundings as darkness closes in on you...

[The Belly of the Beast]
The murky interior of the crawler's stomach is comprised of amorphous walls that have a nearly insubstantial texture, yet manage to restrict all but the most minor of movements. A pervasive cold bites at your extremities, while the minimal volume of air twists and shudders, churning violently all around you. You also see the crawler's stomach wall.

Although I somehow survived this encounter, I will forever feel unclean. UNCLEAN!

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Apparently rift crawlers eat their own droppings 02/10/2017 07:49 PM CST
Please let me give you slash fittings!

That was painful to watch and gave me flashbacks when I would die from those jaws on nearly every hunt up there. :)
Re: Apparently rift crawlers eat their own droppings 02/10/2017 10:06 PM CST
>Please let me give you slash fittings!

Ah, my slash fittings must have worn off. That would explain why I've been getting eaten so often lately. You'd think 3x PF would be enough, but nooooo!

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Apparently rift crawlers eat their own droppings 02/11/2017 01:41 AM CST
You'd think, but the instant death (which you didn't even get with that hit to the left hand) only really becomes bearable with fittings.
Re: Apparently rift crawlers eat their own droppings 02/11/2017 02:10 AM CST
Its a high fumble chance manoever, so there's always a substantial chance of being hit by it whatever your training level and training does nothing to mitigate how badly you are hit. Fittings are the only way to get enough resistance to take the proportion of instant deaths down to bearable levels.