Random RT issues with melee combat 02/21/2016 01:22 PM CST
This issue has been happening on and off since I started hunting in the rift. My normal open AMBUSH RT is 6 seconds. But seemingly out of nowhere, my new RT will suddenly be 8 seconds. I've been chalking it up to some spell being cast that I wasn't catching but today I decided to try and track it down and it doesn't appear to be the result of anything the critters are doing.

Grabbed a portion of the log where I have my normal RT and then it changes. Sorry for all the logs today, not sure of a better way to display the issues I've been posting.

>amb nai
You swing an abyss black bastard sword at a naisirc!
AS: +464 vs DS: +445 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +61 = +108
... and hit for 3 points of damage!
Light tap to the naisirc's head ruffles its appearance.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
>
A seraceris begins to hum.
>look
[The Rift]
An immense structure stands before you, built of now-ruined white marble columns. In the center sits a crumbling throne, flanked by two pillars. Each may have had a symbol at one time, but ages of decay have erased any decoration. Upon the throne sits a rotting zombie. Her sightless eyes stare out into nothingness, and her feet have fallen into the bowl of the stone crescent at the base of her seat. You also see a naisirc, a seraceris, the fiery red Wizard disk and the Paladin disk.
Also here: Wizard
Obvious exits: west, northwest
>
The wall of force disappears from around a naisirc.
>
A naisirc lashes out at Wizard!
A gust of wind tugs at your sleeves. Suddenly, a fierce wind rips through the area, scattering everything in its path and making it difficult to remain standing.
The wind knocks you off your balance and you fall over.
Your arms are forced down to your sides!
Roundtime: 7 sec.
The wind then subsides.
>
A seraceris points a ghostly finger at Wizard!
CS: +341 - TD: +354 + CvA: +12 + d100: +86 - -5 == +90
Warded off!
Nothing happens.
>amb nai
...wait 7 seconds.
>
Wizard pulls you to your feet.
>
>
Wizard's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her command...
Wizard gestures at a seraceris.
Wizard's fireleaf runestaff glows intensely with a verdant light!
Wizard hurls a roaring ball of fire at a seraceris!
AS: +409 vs DS: +469 with AvD: +70 + d100 roll: +82 = +92
A clean miss.
>
A naisirc disperses into a cloud of tiny green lights that float northwest.
>
CS: +341 - TD: +354 + CvA: +12 + d100: +81 - -5 == +85
Warded off!
As the tendril of swirling gray magic leaves the seraceris, it is deflected away from Wizard and dissipates harmlessly into the air.
>stand
You are already standing.
>
>amb bnai
What were you referring to?
>look
[The Rift]
An immense structure stands before you, built of now-ruined white marble columns. In the center sits a crumbling throne, flanked by two pillars. Each may have had a symbol at one time, but ages of decay have erased any decoration. Upon the throne sits a rotting zombie. Her sightless eyes stare out into nothingness, and her feet have fallen into the bowl of the stone crescent at the base of her seat. You also see a seraceris, the fiery red Wizard disk and the Paladin disk.
Obvious exits: west, northwest
>amb nai
What were you referring to?
>
A swirling cloud of eerie green light floats in and coalesces into a naisirc!
>
CS: +341 - TD: +354 + CvA: +12 + d100: +50 - -5 == +54
Warded off!
As the tendril of swirling gray magic leaves the seraceris, it is deflected away from Wizard and dissipates harmlessly into the air.
>w
[The Rift]
Screaming wind tears through this area, filling the air with a dreadful howling. Just ahead a cavern looms, offering a bit of solace from the biting wind. As you move closer to the safehaven, you see that the cavern is actually the open mouth of a massive, long-fallen statue.
Obvious exits: east, west
Wizard followed.
>w
[The Rift]
A huge fountain of blood erupts from the ground here, gushing hundreds of feet into the air and raining back down hard. At its apex, the thick fluid holds the pattern of a pair of eyes, watching your movements as you pass through. The eyes hold your own a moment, and a wave of nausea passes over you. When it fades, they have wavered and fallen with their medium.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, south, west, northwest
Wizard followed.
>w
[The Rift]
Before you stands a large green house, with smoke billowing out the chimney and the windows broken out. In front of the worn domicile, an older man and woman lie dead, chests slashed open and eyes staring sightlessly into the sky. Above them stands a young man, resembling them. He regards you in a cold, calculating manner, hand clenching and unclenching a bloody blade.
Wizard followed.
>w
[The Rift]
A dilapidated yellow house sits just to the west of you. It is surrounded by a small, white fence, and a pebble walkway flanked by withered flowers leads to the old domicile. Sitting in the windowsill is a large, orange cat that looks at you with spectral eyes. Just behind it is a small, ghostly girl with her hair in pigtails, stroking the fur of her long departed friend. She looks at you with large eyes, seeming to see through you into some other realm altogether.
Obvious exits: east, southwest
Wizard followed.
>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>sw
[The Rift]
A graveyard lies before you. Unlike a normal graveyard, however, the things that now rest here never were alive. Hundreds of broken statues litter the field, some gazing sightlessly off into the distance, others reaching with stone hands up to whatever salvation waits for them beyond. The forgotten relics' final resting place gives an eerie air to the surrounding areas, as if you could share their unfortunate fate. You also see a naisirc.
Obvious exits: northeast, east
Wizard followed.
>cman feint
[Roll result: 191 (open d100: 76) Bonus: 8]
You feint low, the naisirc buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>look
[The Rift]
A graveyard lies before you. Unlike a normal graveyard, however, the things that now rest here never were alive. Hundreds of broken statues litter the field, some gazing sightlessly off into the distance, others reaching with stone hands up to whatever salvation waits for them beyond. The forgotten relics' final resting place gives an eerie air to the surrounding areas, as if you could share their unfortunate fate. You also see the fiery red Wizard disk and a naisirc.
Obvious exits: northeast, east
>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>amb nai
You swing an abyss black bastard sword at a naisirc!
AS: +464 vs DS: +354 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +79 = +217
... and hit for 63 points of damage!
The naisirc's head wavers as your attack passes right through it!
Roundtime: 8 sec.
>

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: Random RT issues with melee combat 02/21/2016 01:54 PM CST
With additional testing I've narrowed this down to an issue with the AMBUSH RT calculations.

>amb ser
You swing an abyss black bastard sword at a seraceris!
AS: +429 vs DS: +437 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +62 = +87
A clean miss.
>att ser
AS: +429 vs DS: +437 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +66 = +91
A clean miss.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
>amb ser
...wait 1 seconds.
>amb ser
AS: +429 vs DS: +500 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +12 = -26
A clean miss.
>
A seraceris points a ghostly finger at you!
Your bolstered defenses fade with the soft glow about you.
The elemental aura around you wavers.
>att ser
>
AS: +429 vs DS: +502 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +27 = -13
A clean miss.

A short while later, my AMBUSH RT was back to 6 seconds.

>amb witch
You swing an abyss black bastard sword at a Vvrael witch!
AS: +464 vs DS: +397 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +52 = +152
... and hit for 49 points of damage!
Crossing slash to chest catches the Vvrael witch's attention!
The Vvrael witch is stunned!

-- Robert

Re: Random RT issues with melee combat 02/26/2016 11:25 AM CST
Just a guess, but do you surge of strength or something that'll help with encumbrance?

Ambush adds 3 seconds to your swing. This can be reduced with agi/dex to bring it down to the minimum roundtime for ambush. As you get encumbered your swing times go up along with many bad things. In your case, when the extra weight counteracts your agi/dex, you have a 5 sec attack and an 8 sec ambush. At this point, if you picked up more coins you'd start to see them both increasing together.
Re: Random RT issues with melee combat 02/26/2016 11:46 AM CST
Understood but this is more 'random' meaning I will have 8 sec. Ambush RT at the start of my hunt then it will suddenly drop to 6 sec. Ambush RT.

Also, my hunting partner generally searches and picks up the boxes so my encumbrance should be relatively flat for most of our hunt (towards the end I will start picking things up based on how much is dropping).

In the first log I posted there are no edits (other than names). I didn't pick anything up, no spells / abilities ran out that I can see, I don't see that anything was cast on me, I didn't put anything away/take anything out, but all of a sudden my Ambush RT was 8 seconds where in the prior ambush swing it was 6 seconds.

I'll likely be hunting again this weekend and will look for some more examples where this is occurring. I suppose I could go back and pull more logs from prior hunts since this has been happening for some time but it's easier just to watch for it going forward now that I am focused on trying to resolve it.

I am using a bonded weapon which provides a strength bonus and do have light encumbrance when I am not holding the weapon so my current thought is that it may be a case where sometimes the bonding bonus is being considered and sometimes it is not for the RT calculation. One of those weird "you have to be in just the right range for this issue to occur" things. I'll do some testing with my backup sword for comparison this weekend as well.

My current AGIDEX is 44 and I am not encumbered at the start of a hunt when holding my bonded weapon.

I do sometimes use CMAN SURGE but I usually have a 6 sec. AMBUSH RT without Surge up (I generally don't use SURGE except at the end of a hunt when I've picked up a few boxes).

-- Robert

Re: Random RT issues with melee combat 04/10/2016 02:42 PM CDT
Okay. I've been working at this issue in different ways as it occurs. It happened twice today and both times after being rifted from Plane 1 to Plane 2 and then using the stairs to return to Plane 1. I have discovered that putting away both my weapon and shield and pulling them back out corrects the issue (so now there is a workaround at least).

-- Robert

I tried to edit out a lot of the movement and highlight potentially critical points so it's a little easier to read through.

Starting off and Ambush RT is normal.

>amb witchYou swing an abyss black bastard sword at a Vvrael witch!
AS: +464 vs DS: +358 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +91 = +230
... and hit for 99 points of damage!
Gruesome slash opens the Vvrael witch's forehead!
Grey matter spills forth!
The Vvrael witch writhes in black agony and dies.
The Vvrael witch no longer bristles with energy.
A Vvrael witch glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a Vvrael witch.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a Vvrael witch.
A Vvrael witch appears somehow different.
A Vvrael witch becomes solid again.
The bright luminescence fades from around a Vvrael witch.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a Vvrael witch.
>look[The Rift]
A chariot sits in the center of the path. The horses pulling it run hard, sweat and foam flying off their bodies as their hooves churn. The driver whips them on, leaning into the wind. He occasionally glances over his shoulder, as if watching for some threat from behind. Despite the running horses or windblown driver, the chariot is going nowhere, simply spinning its wheels in the middle of the road. You also see a seraceris, a Vvrael witch that appears dead, a naisirc, the fiery red Wizardess disk and the Chaqual disk.
Also here: Wizardess
Obvious paths: east, west
>Wizardess's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her command...
Wizardess gestures at a naisirc.
Wizardess hurls a roaring ball of fire at a naisirc!
AS: +404 vs DS: +305 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +17 = +160
... and hits for 28 points of damage!
Smoky tendrils rise from the naisirc's neck as the attack sweeps through.
The naisirc slumps silently to the ground and begins to rapidly dissipate.
A naisirc seems to lose an aura of confidence.
A naisirc seems to lose some dexterity.
A naisirc returns to normal color.
The roaring ball of fire strikes a naisirc, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

A burst of flame from Wizardess's roaring ball of fire flies off and hits a seraceris.
... 25 points of damage!
Strong attack rips through the neck!
To your horror, the seraceris's substance flows around the wound without leaving a trace!
>Wizardess searches a Vvrael witch.
Black tendrils of anti-mana seep from a Vvrael witch's corpse, consuming her.
>look[The Rift]
A chariot sits in the center of the path. The horses pulling it run hard, sweat and foam flying off their bodies as their hooves churn. The driver whips them on, leaning into the wind. He occasionally glances over his shoulder, as if watching for some threat from behind. Despite the running horses or windblown driver, the chariot is going nowhere, simply spinning its wheels in the middle of the road. You also see a dented cup, a smoky grey thunderstone, a seraceris, a naisirc that appears dead, the fiery red Wizardess disk and the Chaqual disk.
>A naisirc fades into oblivion.
>A seraceris points a ghostly finger at you!
CS: +341 - TD: +325 + CvA: -44 + d100: +82 == +54
Warded off!
>look[The Rift]
A chariot sits in the center of the path. The horses pulling it run hard, sweat and foam flying off their bodies as their hooves churn. The driver whips them on, leaning into the wind. He occasionally glances over his shoulder, as if watching for some threat from behind. Despite the running horses or windblown driver, the chariot is going nowhere, simply spinning its wheels in the middle of the road. You also see a dented cup, a smoky grey thunderstone, a seraceris, the fiery red Wizardess disk and the Chaqual disk.
>Wizardess picks up a smoky grey thunderstone.
>Wizardess put a smoky grey thunderstone in her firecat skin backpack.
>A seraceris claws at you!
AS: +364 vs DS: +321 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +71 = +121
... and hits for 3 points of damage!
Light, bruising slash to your left thigh.
>Wizardess nods.

Running around on plane 1 a bit with no encounters.

>w[The Rift]
The immense cathedral is dark. The candles have melted to their holders in deformed blobs, and the torches have long since burned out. At the pulpit kneels a high man of the church. He faces the splintered and destroyed pews, the desecrated place of worship, and weeps brokenheartedly, staff on the ground before him. You also see a raving lunatic.
Wizardess followed.
>Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>shield bash You lunge forward at a raving lunatic with your eonake scaled greatshield and attempt a shield bash!
[Roll result: 164 (open d100: 53) Bonus: 15]
Skilled bash and a raving lunatic is knocked over by the blow.
... 10 points of damage!
Smash to the kneecap.
The raving lunatic is stunned!

Your eonake scaled greatshield pulses with a burst of plasma energy at the raving lunatic!

... 20 points of damage!
Searing wave of plasma cuts through skin and muscle on the raving lunatic's leg!
It is knocked to the ground!

Your eonake scaled greatshield sprays with a burst of plasma energy at the raving lunatic!

... 30 points of damage!
The raving lunatic's eye blackens and pops leaving a smoking hole behind!
>look[The Rift]
The immense cathedral is dark. The candles have melted to their holders in deformed blobs, and the torches have long since burned out. At the pulpit kneels a high man of the church. He faces the splintered and destroyed pews, the desecrated place of worship, and weeps brokenheartedly, staff on the ground before him. You also see the fiery red Wizardess disk, the Chaqual disk and a raving lunatic that appears stunned.

Rifted here! This seems to be tied to the issue.

>Wizardess looks ill and slowly grows indistinct. After a moment, it is as if she was never there.
Suddenly you feel sick and queasy, and your world seems blurry and indistinct. You fight an intense vertigo for a moment before the sensation leaves you. You regain your senses, blink once and look around.
[The Rift]
You stand at the base of an immense tower. The spire seeks to pierce the heart of the heavens, reaching into the center of a horrible lightning storm. Bolts play over the black stone surface, illuminating it with a blinding blue light. Winds howl about the structure, and the screams of those it throws from the top of the tower barely rise above the sound of the tempest. Rain pours from the sky, as if the world wept at the wound created by the stabbing spire.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, northwest
>.defYour disk arrives, following you dutifully.
[Script]>.deflook[The Rift]
You stand at the base of an immense tower. The spire seeks to pierce the heart of the heavens, reaching into the center of a horrible lightning storm. Bolts play over the black stone surface, illuminating it with a blinding blue light. Winds howl about the structure, and the screams of those it throws from the top of the tower barely rise above the sound of the tempest. Rain pours from the sky, as if the world wept at the wound created by the stabbing spire. You also see the Chaqual disk and the fiery red Wizardess disk.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, northwest
[Script]>Wizardess nods.
[Script]>ne...wait 3 seconds.
[Script]>Wizardess recites a series of mystical phrases while raising her hands...

The cast of 506 may also be tied to the issue. My partner usually does this when we are rifted. I am going to ask them not to cast it for awhile to see if it is tied into the Ambush RT issue or not.

[Script]>Wizardess gestures at you.
You suddenly start moving light-footedly.
[Script]>.defstance defensiveYou are now in a defensive stance.
>ne[The Rift]
The fog you wander through parts to reveal thousands of stairways surrounding you. Sets of stairs lead to unknown destinations around you, up and down, horizontal and vertical. The bizarre monument fills your vision as far as you can see, none of the stairs really appear to be going anywhere except to other stairs.
Obvious paths: southwest, northwest
Wizardess followed.

Running around on Plane 2 looking for the staircase. Nothing encountered.

Staircase found!

>sw[The Rift]
A white pillar stretches up into the vast reaches of the dark sky here. On either side of the enruned pillar are two full length mirrors, slowly rotating horizontally. One mirror is lined with a white haon frame, the other with a black thanot one. A small pool of blood has coagulated around the white pillar, and while something appears to be written in it, the letters are too messy to make out. You also see a rickety wooden staircase.
Obvious exits: northeast
Wizardess followed.
>Wizardess climbs up the wooden staircase and disappears from sight.
>climb stairYou begin to climb up the wooden staircase. You climb up, further and further. All of a sudden, up and down reverse and before you can shift your grip and balance your weight, you tumble to the ground! Yeouch!
[The Rift]
Your wandering brings you to a small clearing. The ground is dry and parched, and there are large lines scratched into the surface and coated in a red, sticky substance. Following the lines a moment, you realize they make a rune covered circle, and that you are standing in the center of it. A cold wind whips around you at that point, and you hear howls in the distance.
Also here: Wizardess who is lying down
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, west
Roundtime: 4 sec.
>Wizardess stands up.
>Wizardess pulls you to your feet.
>Wizardess nods.
>stand offYou are already standing.
look[The Rift]
Your wandering brings you to a small clearing. The ground is dry and parched, and there are large lines scratched into the surface and coated in a red, sticky substance. Following the lines a moment, you realize they make a rune covered circle, and that you are standing in the center of it. A cold wind whips around you at that point, and you hear howls in the distance. You also see the Chaqual disk and the fiery red Wizardess disk.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, west
>w[The Rift]
The sound of hoofbeats approaches rapidly. When you whirl around, a white horse emerges from the surrounding mist with a black robed figure on its back. As the horse gallops by, the sound of a blade cutting the air fills your ears, and a burst of wind brushes your neck. The horseman quickly fades into the mist before you, a scythe the last thing you see as it disappears.
Obvious exits: northeast, east, northwest
Wizardess followed.

Back on plane 1 looking for our bounty critters.

>se[The Rift]
A battered wooden gate rests against the pitted stone walls surrounding a small city. Mail-clad guards with pikes and heavy crossbows pace back and forth atop the walls. Members of an invading force, beasts of burden, and captives travel the broken street leading into the remnants of town. A bestial military squad drills on the rocky parade ground just inside the gate. Fog obscures them as they march to and fro, and the gruff barks of their sergeant blend in with the din of the prisoners at the gate. You also see a raving lunatic.
Obvious paths: northeast, west, northwest
Wizardess followed.

Several things happen next, maybe it takes a certain combo?
Note: The first time this happened today I still had 506 active when my Ambush RT went to 8 seconds.

>The air crackles with potent energy!

You feel the magic alien to you slipping away...

You suddenly feel less light-footed and your feet take on a leaden quality.
>A seraceris glides in!
>shield bash You lunge forward at a raving lunatic with your eonake scaled greatshield and attempt a shield bash!
[Roll result: 59 (open d100: 46) Bonus: 3]
The raving lunatic deftly avoids the shield bash.

First ambush swing since being rifted / returning to Plane 1 and now I am at 8 seconds instead of 6 seconds.

[The Rift]
A battered wooden gate rests against the pitted stone walls surrounding a small city. Mail-clad guards with pikes and heavy crossbows pace back and forth atop the walls. Members of an invading force, beasts of burden, and captives travel the broken street leading into the remnants of town. A bestial military squad drills on the rocky parade ground just inside the gate. Fog obscures them as they march to and fro, and the gruff barks of their sergeant blend in with the din of the prisoners at the gate. You also see a seraceris, the Chaqual disk, the fiery red Wizardess disk and a raving lunatic.
>Wizardess's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her command...
Wizardess gestures at a raving lunatic.
Wizardess hurls a stream of fire at a raving lunatic!
AS: +404 vs DS: +323 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +35 = +150
... and hits for 42 points of damage!
Nasty burns to right leg. Gonna need lots of butter.
The raving lunatic is knocked to the ground!
The raving lunatic is stunned!
>A seraceris begins to hum.
>stance off...wait 1 seconds.
>stance offYou are now in an offensive stance.
>amb lunaYou swing an abyss black bastard sword at a raving lunatic!
AS: +464 vs DS: +256 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +49 = +288
... and hit for 122 points of damage!
Gruesome, slashing blow to the side of the raving lunatic's head!
Skull split open! Brain (and life) vanishes in a fine mist.

[You have 18 kills remaining.]
The raving lunatic writhes in agony and dies.
>lookA seraceris points a ghostly finger at you!
CS: +350 - TD: +325 + CvA: -44 + d100: +34 == +15
Warded off!
A dull grey beam snakes out toward you, but dissipates upon impact.
>[The Rift]
A battered wooden gate rests against the pitted stone walls surrounding a small city. Mail-clad guards with pikes and heavy crossbows pace back and forth atop the walls. Members of an invading force, beasts of burden, and captives travel the broken street leading into the remnants of town. A bestial military squad drills on the rocky parade ground just inside the gate. Fog obscures them as they march to and fro, and the gruff barks of their sergeant blend in with the din of the prisoners at the gate. You also see a seraceris, the Chaqual disk, the fiery red Wizardess disk and a raving lunatic that appears dead.

Wizardess searches a raving lunatic.
The raving lunatic decays into a rotting heap of flesh and bones.

Wizardess picks up an enruned haon box.
>Wizardess put an enruned haon box in the Chaqual disk.
Wizardess gestures at a seraceris.
Wizardess hurls a stream of fire at a seraceris!
AS: +404 vs DS: +337 with AvD: +55 + d100 roll: +77 = +199
... and hits for 110 points of damage!
Massive blow obliterates the left knee.
The seraceris falters as a sickly light flows freely down its leg.
Some of the flames from the stream of fire linger around a seraceris.
>.defstance defensiveYou are now in a defensive stance.
>look>You hear a loud POP as a door unfolds before you!
>A seraceris points a ghostly finger at you!
CS: +350 - TD: +325 + CvA: -44 + d100: +22 == +3
Warded off!
Nothing happens.
>[The Rift]
A battered wooden gate rests against the pitted stone walls surrounding a small city. Mail-clad guards with pikes and heavy crossbows pace back and forth atop the walls. Members of an invading force, beasts of burden, and captives travel the broken street leading into the remnants of town. A bestial military squad drills on the rocky parade ground just inside the gate. Fog obscures them as they march to and fro, and the gruff barks of their sergeant blend in with the din of the prisoners at the gate. You also see a sturdy wooden door, a seraceris, the Chaqual disk and the fiery red Wizardess disk.
>nw[The Rift]
Despair and desolation hang heavy in the air over the small plain before you. Off in the distance, near the coast, what was once a small city lies smouldering in ruins. The thick, black smoke from the razed hamlet lies heavy near the building tops, as if the weight of the carnage held it fast. A huge stack of bodies is piled near the western gate, some of which almost look familiar.
Obvious exits: southeast, west
Wizardess followed.
>A Vvrael witch glides in!
>A seraceris glides in!
>The flames around a seraceris continue to burn!
... 20 points of damage!
Direct assault cleaves straight through the breastbone.
Alas, it mends before you can make a wish.
The flames around the seraceris die down.
>A Vvrael witch whispers with an ominously soft voice.
Wizardess gestures at a seraceris.
Wizardess hurls a stream of fire at a seraceris!
AS: +409 vs DS: +363 with AvD: +55 + d100 roll: +76 = +177
... and hits for 84 points of damage!
Attack whistles right through the lower back encountering little resistance!
The seraceris slumps silently to the floor and begins to rapidly dissipate.
The very powerful look leaves a seraceris.
The white light leaves a seraceris.
The deep blue glow leaves a seraceris.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a seraceris.
The bright luminescence fades from around a seraceris.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a seraceris.
>lookWizardess searches a seraceris.
A seraceris fades into oblivion.
>[The Rift]
Despair and desolation hang heavy in the air over the small plain before you. Off in the distance, near the coast, what was once a small city lies smouldering in ruins. The thick, black smoke from the razed hamlet lies heavy near the building tops, as if the weight of the carnage held it fast. A huge stack of bodies is piled near the western gate, some of which almost look familiar. You also see a smoky grey thunderstone, a Vvrael witch, the Chaqual disk and the fiery red Wizardess disk.
Obvious exits: southeast, west
>A Vvrael witch gestures gracefully, hurling ebon motes of anti-mana at Wizardess!
Wizardess no longer bristles with energy.
The elemental aura around Wizardess wavers.
>Wizardess picks up a smoky grey thunderstone.
>Wizardess put a smoky grey thunderstone in her firecat skin backpack.
>w[The Rift]
A throne sits in the middle of an open field. Dead and dried flower bushes grow over it, lacing thistles through the hair and bones of the half-rotted woman sitting within it. Enough flesh remains to identify her gender, but the rest is gone, devoured by the plants and elements. You also see a Vvrael witch and a Vvrael witch.
Wizardess followed.
>look[The Rift]
A throne sits in the middle of an open field. Dead and dried flower bushes grow over it, lacing thistles through the hair and bones of the half-rotted woman sitting within it. Enough flesh remains to identify her gender, but the rest is gone, devoured by the plants and elements. You also see a Vvrael witch and a Vvrael witch.

Moved to someplace quieter.

>ne[The Rift]
A cold, grey mist swirls around you, making it difficult to gain any sense of what is here. Through the haze a huge, gnarled hand stretches upward reaching grimly for something past your vision. As you move closer, it turns out to be only a dead tree, the bent and gnarled limbs twisting toward a blood eagle hovering just out of reach.
Obvious exits: southwest
Wizardess followed.

This seems to correct the issue. Putting my weapon and shield away and taking them back out seemed to correct the issue both times today.
Forces something to recalculate?

>put my black sword in my swordbeltYou put an abyss black bastard sword in your leather swordbelt.
>Wear my eonake greatshieldYou sling a spiked eonake scaled greatshield over your shoulder.
>get my black sword from my swordbeltYou remove an abyss black bastard sword from in your leather swordbelt.
>Remove my eonake greatshieldYou sling a spiked eonake scaled greatshield off from over your shoulder.

>sw[The Rift]
The sound of hoofbeats approaches rapidly. When you whirl around, a white horse emerges from the surrounding mist with a black robed figure on its back. As the horse gallops by, the sound of a blade cutting the air fills your ears, and a burst of wind brushes your neck. The horseman quickly fades into the mist before you, a scythe the last thing you see as it disappears.
Obvious exits: northeast, east, northwest
Wizardess followed.

Running around looking for something to swing at.
Target found and issue is resolved with workaround.

>e[The Rift]
A huge fountain of blood erupts from the ground here, gushing hundreds of feet into the air and raining back down hard. At its apex, the thick fluid holds the pattern of a pair of eyes, watching your movements as you pass through. The eyes hold your own a moment, and a wave of nausea passes over you. When it fades, they have wavered and fallen with their medium. You also see a naisirc and a gaping maw.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, south, west, northwest
Wizardess followed.
>stance offYou are now in an offensive stance.
>amb naiYou swing an abyss black bastard sword at a naisirc!
AS: +464 vs DS: +460 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +23 = +55
A clean miss.
>'Got it!You exclaim, "Got it!"

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Raggler squeakily says, "It's a fact."
Re: Random RT issues with melee combat 04/10/2016 02:45 PM CDT
I also opened a bug for this:

Problem with AMBUSH RT after being rifted/returning to plane 1
Submitted bug "Problem with AMBUSH RT after being rifted/returning to plane 1" to play.net's bug tracking database under category "Room" with these details:
"Posted log and explanation in Hunting and Combat->Pinefar Hunting Areas->Post 486"

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Re: Random RT issues with melee combat 04/10/2016 07:11 PM CDT
I don't think it has to do with the rifting, nor the stowing command being the workaround.

I'd likely have noticed the same issue otherwise in all my time in the rift. I think the likely bug is the newest change, Celerity. The bug is likely when the rift stripped the spell off. And the rt probably returned to normal due to the remaining less than 1 min duration expiring and resolving the earlier dispel strip issue.

Maybe you can test outside the rift by being dispelled shortly after the spell is cast on you?
Re: Random RT issues with melee combat 04/10/2016 07:19 PM CDT
Good ideas! I'll do some more testing along those lines when my hunting partner is available.

-- Robert

Re: Random RT issues with melee combat 06/05/2016 02:29 PM CDT
This RT issue still exists (basically +2 seconds added to my open Ambush RT 'randomly' several times over the course of a few hours). The good news is that the immediate fix is to put my weapon and shield away and take them back out and ta-da! RT drops back down 2 seconds so that my RT is back where it should be.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!