Vvrael Destroyers are disarming now? 06/15/2013 07:54 PM CDT
The disarm didn't happen to my character, but its enough to make me nervous about carrying my 10x shield up to the scatter now. Anyone know if this is just an extremely rare event or is now a new thing scatter hunters have to deal with?

[Private]-GSIV:Person: "standard disarm messaging ...A Vvrael destroyer swings his black steel maul at your rolaren shield and connects! Your rolaren shield is knocked to the ground!"
Re: Vvrael Destroyers are disarming now? 06/15/2013 08:14 PM CDT

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that's sunder shield, which they've always had. Never seen it drop a shield to the ground though.
Re: Vvrael Destroyers are disarming now? 06/15/2013 08:16 PM CDT
Sunder shield. It's not new, and from what I've seen, not rare at all either. It's much more common (in my experience) for a destroyer to use that maneuver than it is for them to use tackle, for example.
Re: Vvrael Destroyers are disarming now? 06/15/2013 08:19 PM CDT
I'll add that I don't know about the knocking to the ground part either. Using a sonic shield just lets me stand there and laugh at the destroyer that tried.
Re: Vvrael Destroyers are disarming now? 06/15/2013 09:20 PM CDT
Sunder Shield should not knock your shield down, against PCs (or maybe enchanted/magic metal shields), it should only nullify your blocking ability & block DS.