Sand in the Cavern 04/16/2013 10:43 PM CDT
>wave my wand at XXX
>You wave energetically. The air movement from your hand sends a cloud of sand rising slowly from the duned floor. It expands, gaining velocity and mass, almost as if it has a mind of its own!

This happens when I wave chrisms at corpse on my cleric too. Why does this sand have to be so annoying? :(

~ Methais
Re: Sand in the Cavern 04/17/2013 01:02 AM CDT
Rift n00b! If you kneel and do it, you are fine.
Re: Sand in the Cavern 04/17/2013 01:57 AM CDT
It is indeed annoying, and yet, still awesome. Whenever I see someone stir up the sand, I remember this...

[Birthing Sands, Cavern of Ages]
This part of the cavern seems intimate after the expansiveness just around a bend of the red stone. Recesses all along the east wall give the rock a filigreed appearance which belies the vast size of each enclosure. The fine sand is a constant carpet, however, the light it expends is much dimmer here, fading to a soft twilight within the eastern niches. To the south, the walls swirl to create an oval passageway into another cavern where more of the recesses can be glimpsed. You also see a grouchy mountain spirit that is flying around, a stiff sandy pack, a narrow fissure and a jagged stone ledge with some stuff on it.
Also here: Nishima
Obvious exits: south, southwest
>
Nishima lets out a great honking sneeze. The air movement from such a blast sends a cloud of sand rising slowly from the duned floor. It expands, gaining velocity and mass, almost as if it had a mind of its own!
Nishima begins to cough violently!
>
The sand is so thick, you can hardly breathe, and your shortness of breath makes you feel light-headed. Then, your surroundings fade to nothing and you slump to the ground, unconscious.
>
Nishima looks at you with concern.
>
Nishima just tried to pull you to your feet, but you couldn't stand on your own and you fall over!
>
Nishima sighs at you.
Re: Sand in the Cavern 04/17/2013 03:22 PM CDT
Ha! I knew Nishima had powerful sneezes, but I didn't know she could knock people out with them!
Re: Sand in the Cavern 04/18/2013 10:54 AM CDT
LOL! I love Nishi and miss her.