fetish master changes? 07/08/2012 03:49 PM CDT
Noticed today a significant increase in DS vs thrown weapons (maybe about +50DS on average?), and they've also started blocking the occasional toss with their staves. Also, did DS vs melee weapons go up too? And are you bow users seeing the same uptick?

Any GM care to chime in? Am I imagining things or is this a hurling tweak or a critter tweak?

Kerl
Re: fetish master changes? 07/08/2012 04:35 PM CDT

I can't speak for the fetish masters, but I did notice some odd things the other day while hunting my wizard. Ogres, wraiths, vereri, and orcs were all deflecting bolts with melee weapons. That's extremely unusual. I haven't hunted him again since, but I saw it happen several times over a couple of days.
Re: fetish master changes? 07/09/2012 02:30 AM CDT
>Any GM care to chime in? Am I imagining things or is this a hurling tweak or a critter tweak?

Most likely an accident related to other changes that went in. I'm investigating.
Re: fetish master changes? 07/09/2012 08:54 AM CDT
I've noticed Ithzir, specifically scouts, parrying arrows with their swords and a definate uptick in ranged DS as well.

Keith/Brinret

Five Jewish men who influenced the history of Wester Civilization:
Moses said the law is everything.
Jesus said love is everything.
Marx said capital is everything.
Freud said sex is everything.
Einstein said everything is relative.
Re: fetish master changes? 07/09/2012 01:12 PM CDT
Pyrothags on Teras were also parrying arrows with their glaes clubs somewhat frequently, which I've never seen before. I briefly had an image in my head of Zhang Yimou's Hero.

~Niadja
Re: fetish master changes? 07/09/2012 07:13 PM CDT
Obviously not an intended change, and as GameMaster Finros pointed out, it is being investigated.

-Marstreforn-

A kobold points at you and yells, "Mine! Chasin!"

A kobold swings a short sword at itself!
Blow glances off the kobold's shoulder.
The kobold blushes furiously!
Re: fetish master changes? 07/10/2012 02:51 AM CDT
I have responded to this issue in the Developer's Corner topic: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/Developer%27s%20Corner%20--%20Hunting%20&%20Combat/view/359