Just a walk in the park.. 09/02/2018 10:57 PM CDT
<Precursor: I was bored and thought I'd so a small little spree while it would last..

Speaking to Tinkerina, you exclaim, "Ahh, that's understandable! Perhaps another time for me and my amazing wares!"

Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings, and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.

You reach into PoorFellah's golden yellow pack and pull out an aquamarine wand.
You do not believe anyone noticed you slip out of hiding.

[Town Square, Small Park]
A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square
filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. You also see the Celincia
disk, a dull red arrow shaft, the Tinkerina disk, the Minlea disk, an ivory vellum document, a bright yellow
building and some ornate wrought iron benches.
Also here: PoorFellah, Celros (sitting), Celincia, Tinkerina, Minlea
Obvious paths: north, south, west
Tinkerina nods to you.
Tinkerina grins.

You rummage through a frayed leather harness and see a bunch of random items and wares.

Speaking to Tinkerina, you ask, "Have any interest in some interesting liquids?"

Speaking to you, PoorFellah says, "What do you have."

You wiggle your ears.

You turn to face Lman.

Speaking to PoorFellah, you exclaim, "Rolton intestines!"

Tinkerina joins Celincia's group.

Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings, and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.

You reach into PoorFellah's golden yellow pack and pull out some wolifrew lichen.

You put some wolifrew lichen in your bronze paneled eisenruck.

You reach inside one of the small pouches hanging from your leather harness and collect a length of rolton
intestine.

You show PoorFellah your rolton intestine.

Speaking to PoorFellah, you exclaim, "Folks say, that if ya eat them and are feelin a lil bloaty, they help with
things!"

You slip the rolton intestine inside one of the small pouches hanging from your leather harness.

PoorFellah says, "Elf intestines would be nice, i have a friend who collects stuff like that."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

With a seasoned eye, you begin to scan the area...

You exclaim, "Sadly I'm all out of that!"

This looks like an excellent place to apply a little bit of carefully measured wealth redistribution. Go forth and
steal.

You reach into PoorFellah's golden yellow pack and pull out some acantha leaf.

PoorFellah asks, "Any parts from a giant or human?"

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

You rummage through a frayed leather harness and see a bunch of stuff!

You snap your fingers.

Speaking to PoorFellah, you say, "Nope."

Speaking to PoorFellah, you exclaim, "I do have a rather expensive skull though!"

PoorFellah says, "Well ill let him know you have rolten parts."

You nod once.

PoorFellah says, "Whos."

You grab a small abyran'ra skull from one of the small pouches hanging from your leather harness.

You tap a small abyran'ra skull, which is in your right hand.

Speaking to PoorFellah, you say, "This fine piece of specimen."

You show PoorFellah your abyran'ra skull.

Speaking to you, PoorFellah says, "Ill let him know, im too poor but Sazlo is rich and likes strange things."

You nod.

You exclaim, "I'll keep it in mind too then if I ever see him!"

Speaking to PoorFellah, you add, "Have a good evening!"

PoorFellah nods.
PoorFellah says, "You too."
Re: Just a walk in the park.. 09/05/2018 12:14 PM CDT
What an incredible waste of TPs. Also pretty obnoxious behavior, ripping off some newbie.
Re: Just a walk in the park.. 09/05/2018 06:06 PM CDT
Not sure how you feel it's a waste of TPs honestly...

1) The skill costs are so miniscule they hardly put a dent into your total TP pool.

2) The skill in itself can open up to some great RPing moments.

3) Rogues today are such softies, and these forums need some life.

As for the obnoxious behavior...

1) Far from it, as I'm sure you've not once had a run in with my character

2) He wasn't a newbie, he's actually an alt of a Great Lord

3) If you feel like I'm intentionally ripping off newbies, I just don't know what to say there, as typically my RP will let people now otherwise if they have any common sense..Nor is it a result of trying to purposely scam people. If that was the case, I'd just sell mystery packs full of bricks to people or lie about item properties in an attempt to make millions off of them.

Figure I would chime in here, since this is probably the first post this forum has seen in months if not years..
Re: Just a walk in the park.. 09/05/2018 06:54 PM CDT
This is why I have a hard time taking a lot of people seriously when they RP (both in GS and on other platforms).... the second their character has to suffer any consequences during the RP "it's no longer fun". At least on other platforms folk freely place such stupid limits right in their profiles.

Just to be clear, I'm NOT trying to claim that just sitting in a populated area stealing in a manner where you never get caught is valid RP. Only someone with no experience with roleplay (or a complete jerk) would try to claim that it was... but that's not even remotely what was happening in that log.

The OP wasn't using rogue guild skills to stash the items they were stealing, nor were they leaving the room to put them away. They were freely putting items they hadn't been holding a moment before into a container right in full view of the person they were stealing from... furthermore, they were hiding before making the stealing attempt, giving the mark or someone else in the room another opportunity to figure out what was going on if their perception was high enough.

The thief was also actively engaging the other character in a roleplay situation that would be perfectly plausible for a pickpocket to be doing. Anyone has an uphill battle if they're trying to claim that this thief was just stealing for the sake of stealing. I would like to have seen the thief called out on what they were doing by the mark to see how the player of it handled that situation, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Lastly, the items stolen, in this case, were hardly of any value. I pull maxed out bundles of wolifrew and acantha out of my autobundler every couple days and toss them into a barrel or donation bin (I like LOOT, but it does create a couple hassles) and wands aren't much more valuable. Heck, the vast majority of STEALable items are of little value and if you happen to carry around a bag full of wands or enhansives you'd miss, it takes all of a second to close the container when you're not hunting.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Just a walk in the park.. 09/06/2018 04:52 PM CDT
I agree with Starchitin.

--Jen
Re: Just a walk in the park.. 09/10/2018 10:50 PM CDT
Heh, I knew someone would play the RP card. If you actually do that, I suppose there is some excuse for it. I personally, however, have never seen any RP
associated with pickpocketing. Typically it's sneak in, grab some trinket, and move on. I'm hardly worried about being stolen from myself; I'm way post cap with
240 ranks of perception and half a dozen open jaws traps in my pack.

As for wasting TPs, I guess that's a matter of opinion. But there's a lot more skills higher up on my to-do list.

I want more spells.
I want more CMan ranks.
I want more Dodge ranks.
I want more Disarm ranks.
I want more Picking ranks.
I want more ... I think you get the picture. I need every TP I can get for augmenting my core skills.
Re: Just a walk in the park.. 09/11/2018 03:41 PM CDT
He definitely roleplays his pickpocketing and his obnoxious tinker self. It's pretty clear what he's doing, even if you don't have the perception to catch him mechanically. The entire character is basically a snakeoil salesman.

And he's hilarious. Even if my character doesn't like him much. :D
Re: Just a walk in the park.. 09/11/2018 10:20 PM CDT
I understand what you are saying, and that's cool. It's just that this RP is an exception to what I see being the norm.