Any buffs in the works for pickpocketing? 10/27/2013 01:24 PM CDT
Between a dwindling population spread amongst a larger world, perma sancts, auto player casted sancts via scripts, cursed gems, thief traps, auto closing containers, breaking sancts apparently frowned upon by staff and various other ways that pickpocketing has been made more difficult over the years (whether on purpose or by happenstance) I'm just wondering if there are any buffs for this skill in the works?

I know GMs have access to all sorts of stats that players don't have access to so I'm wondering if you can see that whether or not pickpocketing attempts have dropped off dramatically recently.
Re: Any buffs in the works for pickpocketing? 12/07/2013 08:39 PM CST
Wanted to give this folder a bump...not much activity in here in the past year. But I'm also curious to know if anything is in the works for PP, I rarely see crowds of people anymore...and if I do, it's usually in TSC which is sancted. TGO01 brought up lot's of good points as far as anti-thieving deterrents...seems like PP pretty much got nerfed(hard to steal in a crowd that doesn't exist). I haven't been on a good stealing run since people hung out in the WL park...and I've been gone for about a year...so that was at least a couple years ago. It'd be nice to see some kind of change to this skill to make it a little less useless. How about stealing worn jewlery or enhancives? Most the stuff you can actually steal is crap you're just gonna sell off anyways...not that I'm opposed to selling loot for silver, but I feel like my thief is not really a thief at all.
Re: Any buffs in the works for pickpocketing? 01/30/2014 10:36 PM CST
Honestly they should just make pickpocket a skill everyone gets automatically, rogues at a rate equivalent to 2x per level and everyone else 1x per level and drop it from being a trainable skill.

There. Players would have no reason to be upset that the skill is useless and the anti pickpocket crowd pretty much already won making the skill useless anyways so everyone will be happy.
Re: Any buffs in the works for pickpocketing? 12/25/2014 01:26 AM CST

I would prefer removing the perma-sancts, personally. The world is getting a little too Disney for my tastes.
Re: Any buffs in the works for pickpocketing? 12/25/2014 08:33 AM CST

I would prefer to be able to steal from NPC beasts.

Until that can happen, I would prefer the skill be removed.

I guess this game has a few things that could work differently or be left out, or left alone with some people liking them just as they are, and others wanting them changed..

I don't see Disney, I see diversity.

Besides, a real rogue would rob someone in the wilds, where there are no witnesses, no chance to be pinned for a murder in case it goes bad. Not rummaging through someones pockets while they sleep. No honor in that.
Re: Any buffs in the works for pickpocketing? 12/26/2014 03:55 AM CST

I don't think pickpockets are traditionally a place you'd look to for honor...

Not a big deal to me, I wouldn't PP anyway as I don't like the conflict. I just think sancting kinda stinks as it's inherently limiting. Someone mentioned disrupting sancts, how do you do that? Sounds fun :D
Re: Any buffs in the works for pickpocketing? 12/26/2014 02:23 PM CST
>Not a big deal to me, I wouldn't PP anyway as I don't like the conflict. I just think sancting kinda stinks as it's inherently limiting. Someone mentioned disrupting sancts, how do you do that? Sounds fun

Sorcerers with a lot of ranks in Alchemy Trinkets can make you a crystal that can break sancts. Specific demons also have the ability to interfere with sancts.

~Brian, Sepher's player