Odds not in my favor? Really? 09/03/2011 09:32 PM CDT

>sense
With a seasoned eye, you begin to scan the area...

>
The odds aren't really in your favor, but when has that ever stopped you?

>look
[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd. - 281]
The east-west road continues, closed in on the south by the militia barracks and on the north by the twelve-foot-high wall of the city itself. The occasional thud of leather boots in unison upon cobbled pavement and the clipped shouts of barked orders reverberate off the modwir walls along this part of the road. The scents of leather, weapon oil and hearty cooking fill the night air. You also see an annoyed will-o-wisp spirit that is flying around, the translucent Carburide disk, a pretty flower girl, the Solano disk, the Salria disk, the purple Allanano disk, the Kupaka disk, a raven that is flying around, the Vrekk disk, the Oweodry disk, the Deron disk, the sparkling Constal disk, the Homur disk, a spot-tailed hawk that is flying around, the Zenton disk, the translucent Masrath disk, a great white wolf, the Alexandrietta disk, the Eleniel disk, the Refrain disk, a tall silver-framed mirror, a rain-soaked sign, a massive bright blue wagon and the barracks entrance.
Also here: Talnin, Lady Traiva, Siwas, Tysong, Tahk, Kizalia, Cirine, Carburide, Journeywoman Syfire, Rixoan, Lady Heavenfound, Salria, Solano, Khyria, Lord Zaigh, Rhysthlyn, Vandraren, Liabo Chair Aoife, Jodeco, Kilita, Rivienne, Qio, Draithe, Dhairn, Synz, Apprentice Gwaelimir, Great Lord Gochious, Lord Kupaka, High Lord Redcell, Doppelganger, Great Lady Inurtia who is sitting, Jylli, Vrekk who is sitting, Illaris, Oweodry, Arlathis, Jimbrov, Great Lady Innocenze, Lord Papie, Lord Cannel, Deron, Constal, Kialeigh, Homur, Fentyl, Zenton, Lady Vitesse, Great Lady Thelena, Lady Laelithonel who is sitting, Mystiq, Ambassador Japhrimel who is sitting, Great Lady Sevum, Masrath who is sitting, Willhee, Alexandrietta, Sellers, Warden Kynseiyn, Angeleze, Lady Maetriks, Lord Durakar who is sitting, Great Lady Evia, Allyxa who is sitting, Deitas, Eleniel, Korabas, Refrain who is sitting, Jocelyne, Seydai, Lord Thaluhar who is sitting, Great Lord Chamorr, Lord Illiem who is sitting, High Lady Rohese, Laphrael, Palcron, Raziros, Cimmorina, Fleurs
Obvious paths: east, west

>skill
Futtilo (at level 97), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:

Pickpocketing......................| 348 248

HUH?
Re: Odds not in my favor? Really? 09/03/2011 09:34 PM CDT
Nevermind, it was shut down by a level 20 cleric anyway.
Re: Odds not in my favor? Really? 09/06/2011 03:11 PM CDT
I just wanted to say I have always liked picking pockets, I personally do not steal from healers or clerics of any level and I don't steal in towns I like such as the Icemule or the Landing. I will admit I almost always am 'picking' on people less skilled than me, but that is almost impossible to avoid give how far passed cap I am.

My use of picking pockets is solely for RP I steal from vaalorians I relish being caught because it lets me aggrevate them..., not sure if that makes me a 'troll' or not, but i generally only take one or two things and I always pick pockets from the open so its not as though I'm being subtle. I think my level/combat skills make rp a more favorable option to explore for most people even like level, and almost all of my interactions involve me learning alot more about the people around me.

I wish bards were able to work crowds a bit better or at least sense gems in people's pockets, but such is life. I would also love to see development on ways to allow bards or other pickipocketing professions to work in concert with rogues. I have found that the local town festivals are fantastic venues for thieving rp as you are much more likely to run into crowds and that someone will feel obligated to do or say something in response due to the audience.

Archales