Here's one for you rogues looking for some pointers... Part 1 06/01/2011 05:34 PM CDT
Quick breakdown of these posts before I paste the rather large logs. I was bored today, and frankly the whole "art of rogue" has really dwindled dramatically since I've last played, and well, I see a need to boast the esteem of others so took it upon myself to bring back a little flavor to our kind. It seems anymore the term thief is largely unused and even when it is, we have people such as Klepta run in a room, steal from , then quickly run out as fast as she ran in (Granted I know she's an alt of a bored player, it's still horribly ugly none the less)

The below log, sums up an activity I took part in today while in the Landing. I will break it up into two parts. Part 1 is the thought net activity, while part 2 is the aftermath of the amulet activity.

No players were harmed in this activity, except maybe their pockets, just a little bit..? Sorry for the ugly formatting too

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB:"

Bidder2 [General]: "10k."
Bidder1 [Merchant]: "15k on junk box."
Bidder2 [General]: "25k box."

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 25k the Bidder2!"

Bidder3 [Merchant]: "30k!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 30k to the mage!"

Bidder2 [General]: "35k."
Bidder1 [Merchant]: "40k on the junk box."
Bidder3 [Merchant]: "50k!"
Bidder2 [General]: "55k."
SlowPoke [General]: "1k!"
Bidder3 [Merchant]: "Oh noes!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 55k Bidder2!"

Bidder3 [Merchant]: "60k!"
Bidder2 [General]: "65k."
ConfusedOldLady [Merchant]: "It just a critter found box?"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 65k Bidder2 again!"

Bidder1 [Merchant]: "70k on junk box..all i have."
TownDolt [Merchant]: "1 million billion silvers!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 70k to the poor Bidder1."

Bidder2 [General]: "75k box."

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 75k to the uncaring Bidder2."

Bidder1 [Merchant]: "Found a loan to bid 80k on junk box."
Bidder2 [General]: "Yers."
ImpressedVixen [General]: "Wow, I should sell my junk!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 80k to soon to be dead Kaillend for unpaid loans."

RandomLocal [Merchant]: "I'm sure I heard a bid for 1 million billion."
Bidder3 [Merchant]: "It was a joke!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 80k Bidder2 Twice!"

Bidder3 [Merchant]: "90k!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 90k to the sneaky mage!"

Winner! [General]: "I'll bid 100k!"
Bidder3 [Merchant]: "NO!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 100k to the Ranger!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 100k Winner! once!"

Bidder3 [Merchant]: "110k! beat that!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 110k SneakyMage! Oh my."

Bidder2 [General]: "I'd bid more but i'm saving for a new blade.."

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 110k Bidder3 going once!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 110k Bidder3 Twice times dead he usually is!"

Bidder3 [Merchant]: "Someone beat my bid! I dont have da silvers!"
Winner! [Merchant]: "Curiousity has the best of me! 125k!"
Hoodlum [General]: "Ridiculous."

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 125k to the curious cat."

Bidder3 [Merchant]: "130k!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 125k Winner! Once!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 130k Bidder3 again!"

Bidder1 [Merchant]: "Sold everything at pawnshop to be able to bid 135k on junk box!"
Bidder2 [General]: "Prolly an oversized muffin."

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 135k to naked Bidder1."

RandomLocal [Merchant]: "Or a 158 pound cake."

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 135k Bidder1 twice, hopefully he becomes rich for more clothes!"

Winner! [General]: "Bidding against him on principle! 150k!"
Bidder3 [Merchant]: "150k!"
Bidder2 [General]: "Ya i bet."
Bidder3 [Merchant]: "No wait 140k!"
RandomLocal [Merchant]: "Bidder3 doesn't have any money to bid he's saving up to buy me pearls."

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 150k to the protector."

Bidder2 [General]: "Hehehe."

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 150k Winner! Twice!"

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 150k Winner! Three times to the savior."

Bidder2 [General]: "Whatch its 15k in silver."

You [Merchant]: "What's the junk, in that trunk!? Beats me, but it's all junk none the less! I'm selling a box, that weighs in at 158 pounds! Still locked too! Let my junk, be your treasure! MB: 10k CB: 150k Sold!"

Bidder3 [Merchant]: "Cheers!"

You [Merchant]: "Sadly, Bidder1 still roams naked having sold all his things already."

CuriousRogue [General]: "And for another 25k he'll open it for you <smirks>"

Bidder1 [Merchant]: "But i got coins to spend now."

You [Merchant]: "I will be in the east tower."

Bidder1 [Merchant]: "What's next?"

Bidder2 [General]: "Heh townsmith prolly charges 40k just to open."

Bidder2 [General]: "So what was i n the box?"

SomeNecropheliac [General]: "A half-eaten halfling."

You [Guild]: "A sucker born every minute!"
WiseRogue [Guild]: "I like how you locked it so they had to expend effort or money to find out how much money they wasted."
You [Guild]: "Only a smart rogue, would do no less."

www.tehir.net

AIM: Tehir Xunlari
Re: Here's one for you rogues looking for some pointers... Part 1 06/01/2011 05:53 PM CDT
Part 2, the aftermath in the Tower from the auction.

You notice Winner! moving stealthily into the room.
H>
You do not believe anyone noticed you slip out of hiding.
>
You wave to Winner!
>
Winner! nods to you.
>
Winner! grins.
>
You offer your mithril box to Winner!.
>
Winner! exclaims, "Greetings!"
>
Winner! offers you a Wehnimer's promissory note.
>
You say, "I will of course, open it."
>
Winner! has accepted your offer and is now holding an enruned mithril box.
>
You accept Winner!'s offer and are now holding a Wehnimer's promissory note.
>

| |_ |
| |_ lanith Bank Note |
| |
| \ / |
| \/\/ehnimer's Edition |
| |
| \ / |
| \/alued at: 150000 silver |
| |
| |_| |
| | |old in right hand to use |
/@| |
\/______________________/

>
You say, "If you so wish."
>
You put a Wehnimer's promissory note in your cloak.
>
Winner! nods to you.
>
You nod.
>
Winner! offers you an enruned mithril box.
>
You accept Winner!'s offer and are now holding an enruned mithril box.
>
You carefully begin to examine an enruned mithril box for traps...

The lock appears to be free of all obstructions.
>
You carefully examine the mithril box and determine that the weight is about 147 pounds.
R>
You exclaim, "Heavy indeed!"
R>
Nikuhla asks, "Where'd you find it Rogue Master?"
>
Lord Silly's group just arrived.
>
Local says, "And blue sapphires."
>
You say, "On the ground."
>
Silly exclaims, "What's int here!"
>
You nod.
>
You grab a small locksmith's anklepouch from inside your collections bag.
>
Local says, "And green malachite stones."
>
You attach a small locksmith's anklepouch to your ankle.
>
You remove a solid wooden wedge from in your locksmith's anklepouch.
>
Local rubs her chin thoughtfully.
>
Silly nods at Local.
>
You insert the tip of your wedge just under the lid of your box and carefully work it back and forth until it is firmly seated. Turning the box over you bring it down on its side, damaging the wedge as it bashes its way further into the box!

The lid of an enruned mithril box suddenly splits away from the casing amidst the grating screech of tearing metal!
R>
Local says, "And pink rhodochrosite stones."
R>
You put a solid wooden wedge in your locksmith's anklepouch.
>
Winner! has accepted your offer and is now holding an enruned mithril box.
>
Local says, "Rose quartz's."
>
Silly nods at Local.
>
Local rubs her chin thoughtfully.
>
You exclaim, "There you are!"
>
Winner! rubs her chin thoughtfully.
>
Speaking to Winner!, Silly exclaims, "What's in int!"
>
Winner! bursts into tears!
>
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
H>
Winner! removes a kidney shield from in her mithril box.
H>
Winner! offers Silly an enruned mithril box.
H>
Silly accepts Winner!'s mithril box.
H>
Silly squeals.
H>
Winner! says, "I got took."
H>
Silly laughs!
H>
Silly laughs!
H>
Silly laughs!
H>
Silly says, "I love you Ruoge master."
H>
Silly snickers.
H>
Woman asks, "What was in there?"
H>
Silly corrects, "Rogue master!."
H>
Winner! gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to her aid...
Winner! gestures.
A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Winner!'s hand!
You are revealed from hiding!
>
You lean to your left.
>
Winner! says to you, "You, sir, are a wayward, toad-spotted vysan-lover!"
>
Speaking to Winner!, you exclaim, "I told you, it was junk in a trunk!"
>
Silly laughs!
>
Winner! grins at you.
>
Winner! exclaims, "But... I was so curious!"
>
Speaking to Winner!, you exclaim, "A learning experience none the less!"
>
Silly offers Winner! an enruned mithril box.
>
Winner! accepts Sily's mithril box.
>
Lord Silly just went out.
>
Winner! removes a kidney shield from in a large wastebasket.
>
Winner! put a kidney shield in her mithril box.
>
Winner! grins at you.
>
Shucks just arrived.
>
With a seasoned eye, you begin to scan the area...
>
Winner! offers Shucks an enruned mithril box.
>
Shucks accepts Winner's mithril box.
>
While not exactly a walk in the park, you could probably get away with it if you made careful choices.
>
You reach into Shuck's pockets and pull out 279 silvers.
>
Shuck's jaw drops.
>
Shuck offers Winner! an enruned mithril box.
>
Winer! accepts Shuck's mithril box.
>
Shuck softly says, "Very nice."
>
Shuck agrees with Winner!.
>
Winner! nods at Shuck.
>
Shuck applauds Winner!.
>
Winner! says, "Seeing how much this pawns for."