Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/30/2010 01:30 PM CDT
I'm giving some serious thought to changing my 52 level Paladin from polearm to two handed weapon...probably a maul, possibly a claidh. She can't swing a lance in under 7 seconds. My first though is whether she could even swing one in a decent rt. She's human, but with dexterity and agility in the high 90's. She's bonded to a jeddart axe now and also on occasion uses a naginata. I'm wondering if switching to a two handed weapon would a) free up some training points b) be potentially more damaging if I found the right weapon and c) whether it's worth it to use the upcoming fix skills to make the switch. Anyone out there have any thoughts? I'm just mulling things over a bit.

"What we see depends largely on what we're looking for"
Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/30/2010 01:58 PM CDT
Switching to two handers will definitely free up points since it's cheaper, but probably not enough to make you pee your pants in excitement or anything.

I prefer high enchant mauls over claids personally.
Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/30/2010 03:09 PM CDT
but probably not enough to make you pee your pants in excitement or anything.

Has anything ever excited you enough to pee your pants?

-Taakhooshi, and Me
Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/30/2010 07:05 PM CDT
You should save a ton of mental points and be able to fill out your lores some or pick up an extra 6-7 spell ranks by switching to twohanders. I say go for it with a perfect maul.
Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/30/2010 07:31 PM CDT
>> I say go for it with a perfect maul.<<

Note that perfect mauls are rare, since the glyphs for those were restricted in number. A mattock is almost as good; or you could just get a high enchant regular maul and forget the +3 AvD and 6% DF increase. Or look for a superior forged weapon, which is almost as good as perfect but tends to run a lot cheaper.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/30/2010 10:21 PM CDT
<<Has anything ever excited you enough to pee your pants?

I'll never tell!
Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/31/2010 04:19 AM CDT
>Note that perfect mauls are rare, since the glyphs for those were restricted in number.

The last time (maybe even two) they sold they were unrestricted. I think I bought 10 or so, and I know plenty of people that bought that number if not more.

They still command a fairly higher price, but rarity shouldn't be an issue.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/31/2010 09:24 AM CDT
>>The last time (maybe even two) they sold they were unrestricted. I think I bought 10 or so, and I know plenty of people that bought that number if not more.<<

Whoa! I guess I was thinking of the first time maul glyphs were released. Hmm, when did they become unrestricted?

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/31/2010 09:31 AM CDT
Ironwrights shop at EG has had maul, lance, rapier and tiger-claw glyphs for the last two years. They aren't at all cheap (a set of lance or maul glyphs will run you 600k). The upside is that mauls are quick to forge and lances use the same amount of metal as a dagger.

Keith/Kithus aka "Thumper"

Keith's Emoticons:
;) Joke or sarcasm
=P Just razzin you a little
>=( Grr, I'm all fake mad
=,( You made me pretend sad
0=) Expecting an e-mail from Izzea
Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 03/31/2010 11:12 AM CDT
Yeah the past two times they were sold {which are the only times I know of}, you could buy as many of them as you want from Ironwrights are EG. But yeah, they're definitely pricey. I think I bought like 10 or 15 mil worth this last time.
Re: Thinking of a change of path - advice? 04/01/2010 09:44 AM CDT
You could just buy a superior maul for a fraction of the price and probably never notice any difference.