Divine Retribution innate ability 09/17/2014 05:36 AM CDT
Well, last night I died for the first time since the Paladin Base review was implemented. And I died for the second time, too.

Didn't see any single Retribution flare of any sort. I could dig up Estild's post which says this ability was now innate to Paladins, and would hit all creatures in the area. Well, there are visible creatures in my room upon death, but nothing whatsoever happens to them.

Is this a work in progress (i.e. not yet implemented) or a bug? Logs of unfortunate demise in two hunting grounds to follow....

A rotting Citadel arbalester cocks his oak and steel arbalest and loads it with a wooden heavy crossbow bolt.
A rotting Citadel arbalester fires a wooden heavy crossbow bolt at you!
AS: +322 vs DS: +121 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +94 = +317
... and hits for 42 points of damage!
Nice puncture to the abdomen, just missed vital organs!
You lose a bit of focus as the knowledge of future battles drifts from your mind.
You feel less confident.
Your boosted confidence and fearlessness fade.
You feel slightly weakened as the blood in your veins thins.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
You no longer feel so dextrous.
The dully illuminated mantle protecting you begins to falter, then completely fades away.
You return to normal color.
The dim celadon wisps about your hands flare up once more and fade completely away.
The air about you stops shimmering.
The subdued warmth embracing you fades along with the spiritual force surrounding your arms.
You feel your abilities diminish as the energy provided by your patron fades from around you.
The light blue glow leaves you.
Your bolstered defenses fade with the soft glow about you.
It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.
...departing in 16 mins...
The heavy crossbow bolt breaks apart and crumbles away.
A rotting Citadel arbalester glances over your body and utters, "This citadel shall not fall."
Please rephrase that command.
You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).
A putrefied Citadel herald strides in confidently.
>look
[Citadel, Hallway]
Dust blows into the hallway from the west in delicate spirals that rise as high as the ceiling before drifting to the floor. An empty bookshelf sits against the wall next to a circular window in the east wall. You also see a putrefied Citadel herald, an ethereal mage apprentice, the Flail disk, a rotting Citadel arbalester and a decaying Citadel guardsman.
Obvious exits: north, west
The Flail disk disintegrates, dropping everything on the ground.

A swamp hag screams an angry torrent of curses and points at you!
A roiling cloud of steam moves outward from a swamp hag.
A greater bog troll is buffeted by the roiling cloud of steam.
... 45 points of damage!
Strike to back leaves it simmering!
You are buffeted by the roiling cloud of steam, and knocked to the ground.
You are pinned in place, unable to move.
Roundtime: 20 sec.
... 55 points of damage!
Your back is cooked to tender perfection. White meat or dark?
You feel less confident.
You return to normal color.
The light blue glow leaves you.
The air about you stops shimmering.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
You feel slightly weakened as the blood in your veins thins.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
Your bolstered defenses fade with the soft glow about you.
You feel the extra courage wane.
The dim celadon wisps about your hands flare up once more and fade completely away.
You feel your abilities diminish as the energy provided by your patron fades from around you.
You lose a bit of focus as the knowledge of future battles drifts from your mind.
A faint silvery glow fades from around you.
Your skin grows slightly numb for a moment as the warm glow fades from around you.
Your boosted confidence and fearlessness fade.
The subdued warmth embracing you fades along with the spiritual force surrounding your arms.
The layer of protection fades away.
You no longer feel so dextrous.
The dully illuminated mantle protecting you begins to falter, then completely fades away.
It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.
...departing in 16 mins...
The swamp hag cackles in wild triumph.
You are very dead.
[exec1]>stance def
You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).
--- Lich: exec1 has exited.
>look
[Dismal Slough, Oteska's Haven]
[Dismal Slough, Oteska's Haven]
A deep layer of mud covers what must have once been a dirt walkway leading between a collection of decrepit shanties and shacks constructed from planks of weathered wood. The doorways to the structures have all been battered and broken. Fog drifts among the structures like the ghosts. You also see a swamp hag and a greater bog troll that appears stunned.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, southwest

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: Divine Retribution innate ability 09/17/2014 10:01 AM CDT
DAID
Didn't see any single Retribution flare of any sort. I could dig up Estild's post which says this ability was now innate to Paladins, and would hit all creatures in the area. Well, there are visible creatures in my room upon death, but nothing whatsoever happens to them.
Is this a work in progress (i.e. not yet implemented) or a bug?

It is not yet implemented. It's on my list.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Divine Retribution innate ability 09/17/2014 10:28 PM CDT
Okay, thanks Estild. It's no rush.

I shouldn't have even been trying that rescue in the Citadel at level 41. I figured it was a good chance to try out the sheer fear bonus on my T4 Voln plate. That part worked fine. Finding the footholds and climbing while carrying the full plate worked less well. And being in stance offensive by accident...actually I was pretty impressed it took them 5 shots to kill me.

It would have prevented those pesky moor wights from dragging my corpse around, though!

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: Divine Retribution innate ability 09/18/2014 08:48 PM CDT
>>I shouldn't have even been trying that rescue in the Citadel at level 41

It's appreciated anyway!