Weapon question 04/14/2013 03:40 PM CDT
I'm using an Iasha falchion as my bonded weapon. Am I making mistake not using a weapon without flares? Would I be better of using a 4x perfect falchion?
Re: Weapon question 04/14/2013 03:54 PM CDT
>I'm using an Iasha falchion as my bonded weapon. Am I making mistake not using a weapon without flares? Would I be better of using a 4x perfect falchion?
KRISTENL

Personally...

We can already put guiding light flares on any plain weapon, so Iasha weapons have double the no point factor. Standard flares, excluding trolls and fire for example, are pretty pointless. Unless it's a fancy scripted flare (racial script, coraesine, Ironwight, etc etc etc etc), I'd go with weighting. On a perfect weapon. Assuming, that is, you're strictly concerned with mechanics and not RP or style and flash.

-farmer
Re: Weapon question 04/14/2013 04:42 PM CDT
That's what I was thinking. As much as I love the weapon, I just don't see it as being a logical weapon to be bonded to. I guess I'll see what I can do to replace it.
Re: Weapon question 04/14/2013 08:08 PM CDT
I'm using an Iasha falchion as my bonded weapon. Am I making mistake not using a weapon without flares? Would I be better of using a 4x perfect falchion?

I really like the Iasha weapon scripts, if it weren't for the flares I'd enchant one to 7x and use it for the scripts.

I'd be hard pressed to decide between a 4x perfect and a 4x Iasha, I'd probably still go with the Iasha as I'm not overly impressed by perfects. However, a 4x fusion or 7x weapon, no brainer for me.

Dgry
Re: Weapon question 04/15/2013 08:43 AM CDT
I really enjoy the Iasha weapon scripts as well which is why I am bonded to 5x version until my 7x perfect weapon is ready to go.

-- Robert
Re: Weapon question 04/15/2013 09:04 AM CDT
I have a few fully unlocked Iasha weapons and stopped using them due to the weak nature of the plasma flares, compared to the Ronan-given ones I get (I'd bonded to a 5x eonake falchion early one so I could compare). I loved the Iasha scripts, but over time, I've made my 7x longsword into an equivalent, with about six custom scripts on it. Granted, they're not divinely-inspired scripts, but still, it's a rather great set (if I may say so, myself).

I also added crit weighting to my blade, along with Grimswarm Bane. My thought was I'd rather have weighting on every strike as opposed to a weak-in-comparison flare every few strikes.
Re: Weapon question 04/24/2013 08:36 PM CDT
>I really enjoy the Iasha weapon scripts as well which is why I am bonded to 5x version until my 7x perfect weapon is ready to go.

Interesting this just came up as I was thinking about it on the way home. It seems conflicted to me that a paladin has an incentive to NOT use some of the more 'holy' weapons n the game. My paladin uses a really good weighted trident that is sancted, and it sorta saddens me that it's pointless to have a sancted weapon. I appreciate that this opens up options for bonded weapons, but I feel like there should be some kind of mechanical benefit to a paladin using something like an Iasha white ora weapon. From a coding perspective it's probably difficult to account for, but it would be pretty cool if an Iasha weapon's flares got buffed up when bonded to by a pally.

Player of Wobert
Re: Weapon question 04/25/2013 06:56 PM CDT
>>I feel like there should be some kind of mechanical benefit to a paladin using something like an Iasha white ora weapon.<<

There is; earlier on, before you can bond to a weapon.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: Weapon question 04/25/2013 07:24 PM CDT
>>There is; earlier on, before you can bond to a weapon.

Surely you will agree that this is an extraordinarily limited niche, though. Basically, you'll want to use it starting at level 10, until you get to 25th level, and then you'll want to locker it and wait for somebody else to start a paladin. Or, if you can scrape up a 4x sanctified weapon, you're better off just using that and casting 1608 on it once you can do so, which means the span of utility for that Iasha weapon is now down to 10th to 15th level (less if you train Blessings).

Sanctified weapons occupy a strange place right now in general, because, of the two classes who can use them, one can bless and one can sanctify. I definitely think it's a little unfortunate that the weapons originally specifically designed to be used by holy warriors are kind of pointless to them now. Although I guess you could carry one around just for the zests.
Re: Weapon question 04/25/2013 09:53 PM CDT
It'd be neat if sancted weapons were always blessed, but only 0-1x so as not to devalue permablessed weapons.
Re: Weapon question 04/27/2013 04:16 PM CDT
>>Surely you will agree that this is an extraordinarily limited niche, though<<

I agree; and don't call me Shirley!

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me