Zul Logoth Holy Symbols 01/19/2013 10:16 AM CST
Ok so I took a newbie dorf pally up to the Ancient Passage in ZL for her Eonak holy symbol, but when I cast 1604 at the obelisk, I got zapped. I was pretty sure paladins could also get these symbols, but am I using the wrong spell?

Just for disclosure's sake:
Yes I double checked I was casting at the right obelisk.
Yes I made sure I was converted properly.

>tap eonak obelisk
You tap a smooth grey Eonak obelisk.
>nod
You nod.
>prep 1604
You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Purify...
Your spell is ready.
>cast eonak obelisk
You gesture at a smooth grey Eonak obelisk.
The incredible amount of magical energy you have called upon explodes in the air above you. The backwash of pure spiritual energy overwhelms your senses! You are stunned!
... 20 points of damage!
Horrid burns seal right eye. Consider an eyepatch.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

You have been a devout follower of Eonak since Day of the Huntress, Lormesta 18, 5113 (1/18/13).

Wrong spell? Paladins can't do it? Some other bug?

~Q.

You pull some gold-stitched sanguine suede pants over your legs.
>
Your sense of faith and conviction wanes. You are less sure of yourself.
Re: Zul Logoth Holy Symbols 01/20/2013 11:56 AM CST
Ok so I took a newbie dorf pally up to the Ancient Passage in ZL for her Eonak holy symbol, but when I cast 1604 at the obelisk, I got zapped. I was pretty sure paladins could also get these symbols, but am I using the wrong spell?

Just for disclosure's sake:
Yes I double checked I was casting at the right obelisk.
Yes I made sure I was converted properly.

>tap eonak obelisk
You tap a smooth grey Eonak obelisk.
>nod
You nod.
>prep 1604
You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Purify...
Your spell is ready.
>cast eonak obelisk
You gesture at a smooth grey Eonak obelisk.
The incredible amount of magical energy you have called upon explodes in the air above you. The backwash of pure spiritual energy overwhelms your senses! You are stunned!
... 20 points of damage!
Horrid burns seal right eye. Consider an eyepatch.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

You have been a devout follower of Eonak since Day of the Huntress, Lormesta 18, 5113 (1/18/13).

Wrong spell? Paladins can't do it? Some other bug?

~Q.

It's been a long time since I got mine, but I remember using a paladin spell to get it. Few questions. Were you kneeling when you cast? Did you have a spell from a scroll invoked when you prepped 1604? Had you just converted to Eonak? I see the 1/18/13. Were you getting the symbol on the same day of the conversion?

Could be the deity alignment check needs your conversion date to be in the past. Common bug in software using > instead of >=.

Dgry
Re: Zul Logoth Holy Symbols 01/20/2013 05:03 PM CST
I wasn't kneeling, should I have been? I don't recall kneeling on my cleric but it's been a long time for me on that front. I think I did it on the 19th in the morning, considering the night I created the character I got caught up in a group event and then went to bed soon after the completion of it. So no the cast attempt was the day after.

I guess I can try it again while kneeling.

~Q.

>
Re: Zul Logoth Holy Symbols 01/21/2013 10:49 AM CST

I kneel without fail for stuff like that, may not be required but looked like the illoke altar fail message.

Dgry
Re: Zul Logoth Holy Symbols 01/21/2013 04:31 PM CST
Had someone else do it. Worked perfectly for them. So.. it's either level restricted or it's bugged. Will figure that one out via a referral!

~Q.

>