KP Article for yours truly 02/20/2014 04:44 AM CST
From 3.5kb to over 24kb in 24 hours, our professional KP is no longer a stub!

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Paladin

Having taken a warrior-converted paladin only from level 19 to level 28, I'm certainly not the most qualified for this job. Still, the basic aspects of training seem pretty straight forward to me. In particular, I hope I don't give any advice that's too crazy, or pigeon-hole the class in an overly unfair manner. I at least didn't sit around overly promoting my own training approach so far, I don't think. Feel free to edit, or note glaring mistakes here if you don't have rights on KP.

I'll try to flesh out some other sections, and add something about like professional-specific perks. I guess that's casting in heavy armor (I plugged that a bit already), Zealot, Divine Word, BESEECH, and then some other bells and whistles like SENSE etc. Other specific stuff we could hoo-rah about? Maybe we want a section on stats, but that's always so annoying to advise about, and always seems too obvious (uh, check prime stats, decide now or later, run a stat cruncher?) But it's a profession general page, so none of this is exactly rocket science.

Anyway, I've been trying to chip away at the KP articles related to paladins. I was pretty amazed at the state of things when I was picking up the class, to be honest. That's nothing against any paladins, and I suppose we have a smaller community than many. But come on, I just saw on the Paladin Base page that it has spell durations that pre-date Estild's giant overhaul from like 18 months ago. Sigh, more editing for daid.

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)
Re: KP Article for yours truly 02/20/2014 07:06 AM CST
Wow! Excellent job Daid!

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: KP Article for yours truly 02/20/2014 02:02 PM CST
Pretty solid. Great work!

In the spell section I would note that a paladin can be viable without spell research every level. Some paladins may find MTPs are tight and give up a level of spell research in order to use them in other areas like CM, ambush, MIU, AS, or lores.

Minor typo... in the ambush section you call it a spell.

Chad, player of a few
Re: KP Article for yours truly 02/20/2014 02:46 PM CST
I agree, well done!

But I'm pretty sure that two-weapon combat with Pole Arms is not feasible, even if they're 1-Hand pole arms.
Re: KP Article for yours truly 02/21/2014 07:10 AM CST
Thanks for the feedback. I made all the suggested changes. Although I don't have any idea if TWC works with polearms or not, I was fine to drop it because...who does that?!

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)